our New MUX has arrived

Just looked at the MUX specification and its seems that we do have a Cruise control , guess my wife has not found it yet ?? as we have the top spec model , also the rear suspension is nothing like the Fortuner its not a live axle beam with coils springs ,, its a proper independent coilspring but 5 way multi link design .

Cruise control should be banned, nothing worse than these annoying people that flick on the cruise control set to 70 then stay in the right lane on the motorway absolutely refusing to move over!!!!!

MU X is a nice motor, enjoy.

Just looked at the MUX specification and its seems that we do have a Cruise control , guess my wife has not found it yet ?? as we have the top spec model , also the rear suspension is nothing like the Fortuner its not a live axle beam with coils springs ,, its a proper independent coilspring but 5 way multi link design .

Cruise control should be banned, nothing worse than these annoying people that flick on the cruise control set to 70 then stay in the right lane on the motorway absolutely refusing to move over!!!!!

MU X is a nice motor, enjoy.

Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion, but most people which want to ban cruise control or afraid to use it don't know the proper way.

The switch for CC is usually near the turn signal, very easy to reach. You can not only set the speed, but also moderate accelerate or decrease speed, turn it of or recall the last set speed.

To turn off CC you can also use brake for a millisecond.

So if I like to drive 120km/h on the highway, set CC to 120km/h and after 90 seconds or 4-5 minutes the traffic gets slower, I just hold the decrease button for a second and can adjust my speed to the car in front of me. Once the way is clear again I reset the old CC speed by hold the switch forward. Cruise control is not like in the "60 where one button is on the dashboard is for turn on or off.

I like it, because I drive a lot and I want to move around with my leg from time to time. If I have Cruise Control on, my foot rests in front of the brake.

I don't have to mind about the maximum speed, as I set that before.

All I have do to is observe the traffic.

If you ever used a car with Adaptive Cruise Control you never want to drive without again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YYeFYEAGmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=own_VaRZ9M8

I bet in ten years from now adaptive cruise control is standard in most cars, like ESP or Airbag now.

I don't want to talk your new car down liddelljohn, I just chuckled a little bit about the hiso stuff...

The MUX is a SUV like Fortuner, Pajero, Trailblazer etc. Not more and not less. Certainly good value for the money in Thailand.

But it is as much Hiso as a Accord or a Camry.

My brother in law just bought a MUX two weeks ago, before he had a Fortuner.

About CC you may check that again, I think it is not available for now on the Thai version.

In Australia the MUX has CC, so sooner or later it will be available for the Thai market as well.

Isuzu loves to through every year a new superlative version on the market like:

Gold Edition, Platin Edition, Titanium Edition, Super Gold, Super Titanium etc. So they probably withhold some extras in Thailand for now.

I don't know the car is available with CC or not, but if you have one in front of your house, why don't you take a look?

I have the CC in my Chevrolet Trailblazer and, although here in Thailand is usable only on few large and not traffic road, I enjoy it and I find it useful to me

How is your new ride compared to your MU7 (Transit)..?

I'm ok with that, Transam.

More stability, a bit more noise, a bit less acceleration (turbo). Italian engine (VM) less thirsty. I miss the Isuzu 3000 sometimes.

The automatic gear is fantastic.

The car, being the most expensive, is a bit 'cheap'... If you understand me, too much plastic in the interior. Only 2 airbags.

But TIT...

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I have had a Mu-X since last May. On the day after I bought it there was a loud Pop or small explosion when I started it. Followed by the smell of electrical burning. It has been back to the garage countless times since May. Once they had it for four weeks and since December until early February they had it for six weeks. When I picked it up last week they had driven 540KM in it and from the drop in the average fuel consumption from 12.1 KMperLitre to 11.7 KMperLitre they must have been thrashing it. It still goes bang and smells of burning when I start it. I have told them that I am not even driving it back to teh garage this time. Too dangerous. So do what I did. Buy a Mu-X bit don't get rid of your old Nissan pick up truck. You will need it!

• Like 1

I don't agree it looks like the Chevy much. The Isuzu lines are much more refined, and smoother. The Chevy is choppy in both front and back. I agree the overall chassis, footprint and exterior shape are the same, but actually I am surprised that it is not Chevy who came up with the better looking vehicle. I never expected to actually want to own an Isuzu before, but I think this one is a winner. It's still not where it needs to be in a truck-based SUV for me to buy one, but I'm hoping the new Everest or Fortuner will be. I'm looking for a much higher interior appointment scale than the Isuzu.

It's also interesting to watch the marketing angle of the MU-X. We typically think of Isuzu as the farmer or upcountry work truck, and in the new big marketing campaign they have the famous singer Gong (Thai crooner), and are portraying a more upscale urban image for the MU-X. It's gonna be a bit hard to change the image of Isuzu in places like Bangkok to make it the vehicle of choice to wheel down & valet park at the Shangri-La or Bed Bar for an evening out, but it's definitely a huge step up from the utilitarian MU-7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCD0BZ3-qlE

agree with what you wrote, i only saw it from afar and never really looked at both it and the chevy too close to spot the subtle styling differences. Just from an outsiders point of view, I saw quite a bit of the marketing run-up to the launch so perhaps I was expecting (wrongly) it to be significantly different than the chevy in overall appearance.

I don't see refined and smooth lines on the MUX though, it looks a lot more aggressive and edgy, the Chevy is the one with the smooth, almost female looking styling IMO probably targeted towards more women drivers in other markets who are most often the predominant SUV drivers.