Proof of residency non-imm 0

This is a question about renewal of non-imm O (retired) visa, not 90 day report.

I am living with a Thai who owns her own house and expect to be doing so indefinitely. What do I need from her in the way of documentation regarding proof of residence? Is that the TM30 or something else?

Thanks.

You need proof of address to confirm you are living at that address and thus are applying at the right imigraiton office.

Normally a rental contract or utility bill is enough, if she is your wife or girl friend a signed copy of her household book with short note confirming you live with her should do. But maybe check with your immigration office, different offices have different requirements.

• Like 1

Even though I have a 30 year lease with my name registered on the chanote, and the electricity bill in my name, I just take a copy of my gf's ID card (which is registered to my address) and a copy of the Blue house book (in which she is registered), both signed by her...

At least that's all I've ever done for extending my non-imm O for retirement at Map Ta Phut (Rayong), ...and it's the same info I used to get a residency certificate for my driving licence.

This is a question about renewal of non-imm O (retired) visa, not 90 day report.

You can't renew a visa. You're apparently applying for a new extension of stay based on retirement.

It differs from office to office, but at Jomtien the only time I've shown them a proof of address is when I do the 90 day report and even then they sometimes keep it and sometimes hand it back. All I use is a copy of my monthly 3BB Internet bill.

I put my address on the application to renew the extension of stay, so it's not a mystery to them that I am applying at the right office. Some people who apply at that office, at least according to their posts on TV, are asked for proof of address. I do remember for at least the past 3 to 5 years I have not been asked for proof ... except for the 90 day report.

Different offices, and apparently different applicants, have different results. Even on the Pattaya Expats website they comment that it isn't always required ... or words to that effect.

Edited by Suradit69

You need proof of address to confirm you are living at that address and thus are applying at the right imigraiton office.

Normally a rental contract or utility bill is enough, if she is your wife or girl friend a signed copy of her household book with short note confirming you live with her should do. But maybe check with your immigration office, different offices have different requirements.

Mario

Since the OP said renewing retiree visa, he must have been reporting his 90 day address at this address for a year (or so). So why would he have to provide anything but his TM-7 showing that address? No one I know of in Chiangmai has to provide proof of address for renewal.

Having said that, maybe I should add that they are all long time retirees so maybe they have built up a history? And you did say "different offices have different requirements".

Edited by noise

Interesting. In 32 years I've never been asked for proof of residence. I just write it on the extension application and they've always accepted it. I extended a couple of times at the Pattaya immigration office back in the '80s, but mostly at Bangkok until I moved to Nakhorn Sawan. Even then we went back to Bangkok a couple of years, but we were renting an apartment on Lad Prao Soi 71, so I gave that as my address. I was a bit startled last year; my wife was in the hospital so her nephew took me to the immigration here in Nakhorn Sawan and they asked him to sign as my "guarantor." I had gone to the Bangkok office alone for years after my first wife died and was never asked for a guarantor. funny how different offices have different rules.

Edited by Acharn