Double entry visa confusion - when do I have to leave?

Hopefully someone can help?

I'm from the UK and sorted out my visas before I left on my travels. I was coming into Thailand twice, once during February and once during April, so got a double entry visa (on which it says enter before 28th May)

I entered Thailand at Satun from Malaysia on 8th Feb, and I understood I had 1 month from then before my first visa entry was used up, then I plan to travel to Cambodia and Vietnam, and come back to Thailand 11th April - 2nd May.

However, the stamp on my passport says admitted 8th February, and then underneath, it says 8th April, with no other information.

It looks as though both visa entries have been added together in one go, rather than 2 separate entries?

So I have 2 questions,

1. What date do I have to leave the country this time (is it 28 days, ie 8th March, or is it 30 days, ie 10th March?)

2. When can I come back and when will I be able to stay for?

Please if someone can help me, that would be great!

You stamp is correct because you get 60 days per entry with a tourist visa not 30. You don't have to leave the country until the 8th of April. Or you can get a 30 day extension at immigration instead of leaving.

As long as you enter on or before May 28th you will get another 60 day entry.

Each entry is for 60 days, unless extended for 30 more at local immigration for 1,900 Bt. so alowed until 8 april is, at this time, correct.

Edited by paz

You get 60 days per entry on a tourist visa (not 30) - hence, the 2/8 thru 4/8 dates. If you leave by 4/8 and re-enter you will get a new date stamp - for instance - leave 4/8 return 4/20 your 2nd entry would be 4/20 thru 6/20 (60 days). As mentioned by previous posts either entry could be extended - so you have a possible 180 days (6 months) on a double enrty tourist visa.

You stamp is correct because you get 60 days per entry with a tourist visa not 30. You don't have to leave the country until the 8th of April. Or you can get a 30 day extension at immigration instead of leaving.

Some clarification please. What if for some unforseen reason the OP was not able to arrive on 1st entry until say May 1st? So 1st stamp would be 5/1 thru 7/1 - would he have to give up 2nd entry because enter by date was past - May 28th? My impression from other posts was that once the visa was activated prior to the enter by date that requirement was satisfied. Thanks...blink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Some clarification please. What if for some unforseen reason the OP was not able to arrive on 1st entry until say May 1st? So 1st stamp would be 5/1 thru 7/1 - would he have to give up 2nd entry because enter by date was past - May 28th? My impression from other posts was that once the visa was activated prior to the enter by date that requirement was satisfied. Thanks...blink.png.pagespeed.ce.AQgCnSOpp_.png alt=blink.png width=20 height=20>

The visa once expired will is no longer be of any use.

If the second entry is not made prior to the visa expiring then it is lost.

It is always wise to ensure a visa is obtained as close to the intended arrival date as possible so as to ensure maximum value is obtained.

A separate question - but somewhat related ...

If you come to Thailand with a tourist visa, but plan on leaving just a few days after arriving to travel elsewhere in the region, can you get a re-entry permit to avoid the cancellation of the visa entry, and so allow the remainder of the visa to be available (with the further extension) on return, rather than being restricted to just 15 days (for non G7 citizens making a land crossing)....?

Yes, you can.

You can also ask immirgation if they will not use yourtoruist visa on first entry. Sometimes they are willing to do that, but you cannot count on it.

Better to not put the visa number on the entry card - I doubt the immigration officer would know you have a 60 day visa... and just give you the 30 day entry...