honda forza 300i stolen

................and the 1100 wasn't insured either...............

I was actually trying to sell the bike to fund a trip to India, that trip actually turned out to be my exit from life in the UK.

Advertised the bike in The S.Yorkshire Motor Trader, met the guy near Rotherham and we spoke for about 20 minutes. He wanted a go on the bike, I pointed out it wasn't insured (insurance had lapsed about 2 weeks earlier, I was due to fly in about 4 weeks from the time of the theft).

He insisted to have a go and offered me his Transit Van as insurance, passed me the keys.

I was desperate to sell the bike, so accepted (this will never, ever happen to me again).

Off he went up the road, without a helmet on as I wouldn't lend him mine thinking he couldn't get far.

Saw my bike and crook round a bend and they never came back. Checking in the van, all the wires were hanging out of the dash - I got in and got it going (I know a thing or two about DC 12V systems being a Plant Fitter at the time), but it was too late - bike and bastard had disappeared.

To add insult to injury, the stolen van I was driving ran out of diesel as I was driving to the cop shop.

I explained all to the cops, including no insurance. But it was gone.

You learn these things in life - it will never happen again.

As someone has mentioned. You must report it and check if anything has to be done with the DLT too.

Otherwise your negligence can cause you trouble, eg the bike is used for crime and traced to you.

Short lesson, Thailand or anywhere else, uninsured vehicles of value cannot be parked outside. I know something about it.

OP sorry for your loss.

You must report the bike as stolen. Otherwise, as paz states, if the thief uses the bike to commit a crime, the registration could be traced back to you and you could be held accountable for a crime you did not do...

True.

I had to make a quick exit from Hong Kong about 14 years ago after I was offered a job in Taiwan but had to be there in a week.

At the time I owned another GSXR750K that was worse for wear (non runner).

I gave the bike away for free to an English bloke I met in a disco in Wan Chai. He was a member of a team who had created an English language Bike Magazine in Hong Kong.

I called him and said " Do want me bike?", he said "...well I'm a bit skint at the moment", I said " Do you want it, if so come and take it away".

He turned up within a couple of hours in a van and took it away.

I left HK and started work in Taiwan, then it only dawned on me that I hadn't posted any papers to confirm the change of owner before I had left.

The thoughts of my plate being used for all manner of law infringements on the road tests the guys were carrying out (their mag showed them wheelie-ing and knee down action on the high ways of HK). Worse still was the thought of armed robbery or something.

He never answered my calls, but I sent the form off from Taiwan explaining my mistake.

I have been back since and have not been arrested, but there is a high chance something could have happened and I would have been arrested.

Off topic, but another story anyway.

I arrived at the start of a 2 year contract of employment in Singapore in 2001, after leaving Taiwan.

Desperate for a bike again after a year of bombing up and down mountain trails on a Yamaha Billy Wizz thing that had small diameter balloon tyres ( I know, don't ask, it was a confusing time of my life).

So went out and bought a V-Max.

The day I had to collect it I also had shipped in a GF from Thailand (who ended up getting married to), so we had been out for a few drinks on the way to get the bike.

By the time we arrived at the shop I was kind of, drunk (I know, it wasn't big or clever, but it happened and states the frame of mind I was in at that time of my life).

So, got the bike, bought 2 helmets at the same time, got on the bike with then GF sat behind and set off.

Had only been in Singapore for about 3 weeks, so didn't have a clue where we were going, but thought that the place is so small its impossible to get lost.

The fuel light came on.

Stopped at a petrol station.

Hands up who knows where the fuel tank on V-Max is and how to open it?

I opened up the lock on the side of the tank and pulled the cover off, to find an air filter.

Tried to call the bike shop but it had closed - ended up phoning my Brother in the UK to phone a Yamaha dealer to ask how to get into the fuel tank.

I had found the small levers under each side panel, but never guessed that both levers needed pulling up at the same time to get the seat up. I was drunk at the time remember.

I haven't asked my wife what she thought of my performance that night, been too embarrassed to. She must have thought I was a right weirdo.

Anyway, all ended well. We got back home without being killed, got married about a year later, and up to now- have lived happily ever after.

Edited by soihok
  • Like 2

Hahah that's cool too. I can't imagine the cost of an intercontinental cellphone call in these years!

I've borrowed a V-Max from a guy many many years ago, but I can't remember much about it except that the owner was a bold rich hair stylist. What I really wanted to take for a ride was his "best friend" girl, that I had eyed for a decade at least. That never happened but we all unenjoyed a birthday at my place where he carried over one of the most obnoxius fat woman in history. Thanks God eventually my expat life began and things got much, much better.biggrin.png

Lesson learned. Always have 1st class insurance for your vehicles in Thailand.

For the Forza I would guess that the first year would be about 6-7k with a theft payout of about 80k.

I just bought my first bike in Thailand.

Honda offer theft insurance on all new bikes, for 1, 2 or 3 years.

Paid at time of purchase.

Cost me 2k for a total of 2 years total loss insurance.

I bought it because driving about without a number plate, tax or anything, seemed an invitation to steal.

Forza should cost about 5k extra for 2 years worth of theft.

Surprised you weren't offered it when you bought the bike, the sales girls are very keen to sell the insurance.

You just need a police report to make a claim.

theres a weird twist to this story -we ended up getting the bike back in the end

one of the neighbours of the girl brought it inside for "safety " but we left thailand the next morning and she was unable to contact us

whether or not she was going to steal it and changed her mind etc remains a mystery but we were not in bkk at the time so its possible she isnt lying

also she lives in a very large house and seems pretty rich but i guess wel never know the truth

bike returned unscathed after nearly a month anyway so thats pretty amazing in itself

still shake my head in disbelief whenever i think about it .......:D

• Like 2

Believe you already know the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

unfortunately so ...... looks like il just have to dig out the green book and report it anyway

in case its used in some crime in the future etc ......i dont want to get the blame

I would report it anyway, for the insurance but also maybe the police took it away for some reason.

unfortunately it wasnt insured ...........:(

A new Forza is 160,000 baht and you didn't think to get it insured? Wow!

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

That's a real bummer having your bike stolen.

How many bikes do you think are stolen in Thailand every day?

Agree with making a police report, but police would be doing nothing but looking for bikes if they could be bothered.

guys, just let the OP reward the thieves but giving them a free bike? - what next? your a.s?? c'mon!!!

160k might be a lot to you on but some of us have real jobs and better things to do than cry about losing a scooter

from reading your dialogue im sure youre not a teacher of english anyway......

guys, just let the OP reward the thieves but giving them a free bike? - what next? your a.s?? c'mon!!!

160k might be a lot to you on but some of us have real jobs and better things to do than cry about losing a scooter

Money? It is not about money here man, i think you did not get it.

Most of us have real jobs here but you?

But if you have lots of money you can buy a forza again and leave but by the road so thieves get another free ride again from you.

it is not about the money but it is all about giving a free ride to thieves.

Now all the family of that thieve is enjoying your bike most probably.

Besides, you risk every other rider around as well as that thieves are still around.

But if you have lots of money you can buy a forza again and leave but by the road so thieves get another free ride again from you.

Besides, you risk every other rider around as well as that thieves are still around.

why dont you go back and read the thread properly to see what ACTUALLY happened

then you can come back and appologise to me and the rest of the forum for the pollution you posted ........

rolleyes.gif

why dont you go back and read the thread properly to see what ACTUALLY happened

then you can come back and appologise to me and the rest of the forum for the pollution you posted ........

rolleyes.gif

just report it to the police for the sake of other riders at least.