SIM topup validity of 1 year now possible

sfokevin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came across this promotion lately for current or potential new True Online Home Internet customers that might be pertinent to this discussion.

Already, we have 15 Mbps True cable internet in our home, regular price, 699b per month.

Right now, for new or existing True Online customers, they're offering a package that includes the following, also for the same 699b per month:

--15 Mbps home internet (with router if desired)

--online or mobile access to TrueVisions Anywhere TV service that supposedly has 85 channels.

--AND, a True Move h SIM card that comes with 300 MB of mobile data for use in watching the TrueVisions Anywhere service via mobile data.

The reason I mention it here is, as best as I can tell (and I just finished signing up for this promotion), the True Move H SIM is bundled into your True Online internet package, which is monthly postpaid. The True Move H SIM that comes with the promotion doesn't have any calling minutes or regular data built in. AFAIK, using this True Move H SIM would add per minute and per MB data charges to my True Online monthly bill, to whatever extent I were to use the SIM for calling and regular data.

However, re this thread, AFAI can tell, neither does the SIM have any expiration date, and no validity to expire since it's attached to the True Online monthly postpaid Internet account. So, since the package costs no more than their regular 15 Mbps cable internet service alone, it hopefully will be a convenient way to access True Visions Anywhere AND keep an active True Move H SIM and mobile number, without having to pay for it monthly, top up, or other hassles.

You wouldn't want to use that SIM and service/plan for heavy use calling or data, since their per minute and per MB prices are somewhat higher than their typical plan or pre-paid prices. But for a low-use, long life context, I'm hoping it will be a good solution.

Here's the link to the True Online promotion, called Sook X (Times) 2 Plus:

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/product-service/product-sook/entry/3066

Just wanted to update a bit on this True Online promotion I had mentioned above.

I've now had it for a month or so, and it has worked out pretty much as I detailed below. One difference is, the True shop staff told me that any charges I incur for calling minutes or data use on the True Move H SIM will come as a separate True Move H bill, and won't be added into my True Online internet bill.

But, as I previously reported, with this promotion, I got a True Move H postpaid SIM absolutely free of charge and it has no expiration date, no monthly bill amount, and I can use it for calling or data whenever I wish -- charged by by the minute or MB, at somewhat higher than their normal package rates. But since I don't use it much and just keep it as a spare, that's no problem.

After I had signed up for the promotion over the phone, the True Move H folks at first wanted me to come into one of their shops to pick up the SIM, which I really didn't want to do. So instead, they actually sent out a messenger to my home to deliver the SIM, and to pick up a signed copy of my passport facepage that they required. So nothing to complain about there. And that's the end of the story about getting the new, non-expiring True Move H SIM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, the only BAD part of the whole experience, and it was REALLY BAD!!!!, was trying to get the dimwits at True to follow through on the promotion's promise of also providing access to an 83-channel package of TrueVisions Anywhere, their cable TV streamed via the Internet service. I was looking for the ID and password you need to log-in to TrueVisions Anywhere, but those never arrived via any method, nor was anyone even remotely clear about just how I was supposed to proceed.

So I began calling True, got bounced around from the support staff at TrueVisions to True Move H and then finally back to True Online, who apparently are the ones responsible for this since it's True Online's promotion that providing access to the TrueVisions service. At any rate, I had at least 4 different calls to True Online support over the weeks explaining the problem, and each time was given a promise of, "We'll check on the problem and get the sales staff to resolve it, and then we'll call you back." And from not one of those calls did I ever get any call back--from anyone.

So finally, ended up going to one of True's shops at FortuneTown where, after two visits, the manager there was finally able to provide me with what I needed to activate access to TrueVisions Anywhere. And what I needed, no one anywhere in True up until that point had been able to tell me or explain. But in the end, it turns out I needed three things:

--my TrueMove H phone number to use as the log-in ID (even though the website asks for an email address).

--the 4-digit wifi password number True Move H SMSd to me to use as the password for Truevisions Anywhere.

--And finally, a 16-digit REDEEM code that I needed to use on the TrueVisions Anywhere Online Store in order to activate the 83-channel package. I never got that code emailed or SMSd, but instead, received it verbally from the True manager at FortuneTown. Geez!!!

And after all that, it finally works. Same 699b per month price I was paying before solely for True Online 15 Mbps home cable internet, but now adding in the free True Move H SIM/mobile number and free access to TrueVisions Anywhere at no extra charge.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

One time I read about a seperate VoIP service from true, or calling cards does still exists ?

The 006 code has often

A bad voice quality for international calls

True often promote a new product, but then chancel you the old one with better price conditions without telling you this!

My friend have 599 baht old package

And got cheated by a hoax package

That never exists you must change

When you want more gb!

He belive lost his old promotion

And now pay 899 for exactly same service, also try to cheat me changing promotion with simular tricks

But I never do still have the old one 599

With 3 gigs free 300 minute

And something today's promos not have

300 SMS and 50 mms free a month!

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm this method works with the BoonTerm Orange top-up kiosks (shown above). You must tap the screen and do each 10 baht transaction separately until you max out your validity. Takes a few minutes because you have to repeat the process manually; there is no "do you want to perform a new transaction?" screen after a previous transaction is done. So you have to wait for the screen to timeout and return to the 'tap screen to begin' screen.

I didn't realize that the machine could also accept bills. I thought it only accepted coins based on the feedback from other users. So if the machine can accept bills, then you can actually put in bank notes, including the 20 and 50 baht notes. They have a cool system where the top up money is stored as credits in their database in real time. It is tied to your phone number you use to top up; so if you topped up 50 baht and did the 12 baht topup (10 + 2 baht fee), you can do 4 separate transactions (12 x 4 = 48) and have 2 baht left over to use next time. That would have saved me 20 minutes of continuously using 5 baht coins and having to wait to do it again for each transaction. The key would be to make sure you work out appx how many months validity you need and then add the amount at once. Make sure to only tap 10 baht top up to get the validity. If you do it right, you'll have 0 credits left :)

They are not in front of all of the 7-11s, at least here in Chumphon. But the busy ones or popular ones seem to have them. Now that I know what to look for, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them in tesco, big c.

Still looking for the AIS kiosk. I saw what looked like a True kiosk one in the truemove shop in Tesco in Chumphon. Did not see it inside Ocean mall; there is a AIS shop outside the mall near Fame tour. But the 7-11 outside the Ocean mall had the kiosk. Seems like BoonTerm has a nice niche product there. Wonder how long it takes to make back the initial investment.

Takes a few minutes because you have to repeat the process manually; there is no "do you want to perform a new transaction?" screen after a previous transaction is done. So you have to wait for the screen to timeout and return to the 'tap screen to begin' screen.

.... That would have saved me 20 minutes of continuously using 5 baht coins and having to wait to do it again for each transaction.

I didnt have to wait at all between top-ups and the whole procedure only took a few minutes. Maybe you did something wrong.

Takes a few minutes because you have to repeat the process manually; there is no "do you want to perform a new transaction?" screen after a previous transaction is done. So you have to wait for the screen to timeout and return to the 'tap screen to begin' screen.

.... That would have saved me 20 minutes of continuously using 5 baht coins and having to wait to do it again for each transaction.

I didnt have to wait at all between top-ups and the whole procedure only took a few minutes. Maybe you did something wrong.

How did you do it? I saw 6 screens

1) welcome screensaver in thai. Touch it to begin.

2) select the mobile top-up service option

3) enter the mobile phone number to top-up

4) confirm the number, mobile operator, and select amount to top-up (10 baht). Insert coins.

5) confirm the top-up amount + 2 baht fee

*6a) [thai language only] appears to be a free sweepstakes voting screen on the world cup. You select a country flag or hit 'no thanks' button (on the left side of the screen). After a minute, it goes automatically cancels and goes to...

6b) Confirm transaction complete, return to welcome screensaver in 10 seconds. You get an SMS confirmation around the same time also.

Before selecting the service option, you can change the language to english, but this adds 5-12 seconds to the process as it takes time to switch the language over. It also seemed like each english menu also took a couple of extra seconds to load each page. Could have been the unit was a bit slow. The format is exactly the same except for the sweepstakes page.

Also, if you wait too long between any screen without making a selection (60 seconds?), the operation will timeout and you have to start over. Any credits inserted are automatically saved for next time.

I'm assuming you may have inserted a larger amount on the first top-up sequence to save time from inserting the coins on each 10 baht top-up. But I don't see any other way to speed up the process. It took about 20 min to do 11 or 12 topups; maybe a little faster if I didn't have to watch a toddler simultaneously.

BTW, your validity cannot exceed one year from the date you are topping up. I did an extra top-up to confirm this and all I got was the extra 10 baht, but the validity remained at 02 July 2015.

There is another machine similar to the orange one at 7-11's. This one is at Family Mart, its white, and is called My Pay. It is usually out front by the door. It works in much the same way, except this one does not charge a fee. But it only accepts bank notes. So the smallest amount is 20 baht. I tried it with my AIS 1-2 call and got 30 days for each time I added 20 Baht, extended all the way to 365 days. The bad thing is you have to add more at a time, the good thing, you get credit for all of it, so you are not losing anything. This lady was not next to the machine I used...

provider.png

The website explains it, though its quite simple. Multiple languages. Got the confirmation SMS within seconds. Good for another year. http://www.mypay.co.th/en/index/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Transferring credit between TrueMoveH SIM/Phones to extend validity period

When I top up my TrueMoveH in the village the girl simply puts a code into her phone to transfer credit to mine, similarly my nieces do the same to help their mates out.

Any one know the codes to do this on TrueMoveH??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would assume if you have had a sim for a long period the vilidity rules have been grandfathered in... I dont think any new sim has such a long validity...

Not necessarily grandfathered

There have been some quiet changes in the way that DTAC increases SIM validity which I really don't understand. When I used to top up 100 Baht to my DTAC account it always extended the validity by 90 days, but recently it has started to only give 30 days increased validity for 100 Baht. Fortunately the work around, as mentioned above, is to contact them directly at either a DTAC shop or via Call Center and they will extend the validity of your DTAC SIM by one year for 20 Baht

There is a complicated chart that shows the validity of the various DTAC SIMS versus refill amounts here:

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/Express-Refill.html

DTAC

Dial *113*30# to extend SIM validity by 30 days, cost 2bht.

It's been like that for years.

Not complicated at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

It seems still not possible to register a phone number on TRUE ISERVICE website or their application.

I tried to refill money at the orange Boonterm machine in front of 7/11 and i couldnt get more than 3 months validity even when i refilled 8 times 12 baht. (each time should give me 1 more month with True as it is possible with 12call but it didn't work).

Anybody got 1 year validity on True Move simcard ? How did you do ?

Thank you.

The free-standing top-up machines outside most convenience stores here offer an English-language option, are quite simple to use and offer the ability to top-up AIS, DTAC and TrueMove H. There is a 2 baht fee, so a 10 baht top-up costs 12 baht. I keep a colleague's TrueMove H SIM at 365 days for him, and get rid of those 1 baht coins.

I am not sure if this method will satisfy any/all new AWN (AIS 2100 MHz) pre-paid top-ups with cumulative validity as Noodle described. My most recent experiences, ~ 1 year ago, with an AWN SIM, only gave a maximum of 60 days, rolling, but non-cumulative validity. It sounds like AWN may have modified the options on some/many/all SIMs, as TrueMove H did(and as One-2-Call did in the past), making multiple, subsequent top-ups cumulative?

Exactly what happened to me, they don't give more than 3 months validity it seems now...

It seems still not possible to register a phone number on TRUE ISERVICE website or their application.

Part of the procedure is in Thai. If you have trouble with registering the app just take your phone to the True shop and let them do it (free). That's what I did.

I tried to refill money at the orange Boonterm machine in front of 7/11 and i couldnt get more than 3 months validity even when i refilled 8 times 12 baht.

How long have you had your SIM?

I suspect that in a couple of months you will see the extra validity applied without you having to do anything.