Could Thai vs world`s languages ?

thaichangchang

1.AS KNOWN,THAI LANGUAGE IS ALSO ONE OF THE INDO-EUROPIAN LANGUAGES.

2.AND THEN THAI WITH SOME PALI LANGUAGES ADDED.

3.NOW TO TRY YOUR BRAIN, COULD WE USE THAI TO TRANSLATE THE OTHER LANGUAGES?

4.SUGGEST http://www.crazythailand.com/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=10 (title:thai vs world language)TO YOU!

Edited by thaichangchang

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it`s said on the bible that there were the same language over the world.if it had been,i would think of it existed before the indo-europian languages.and about 500 Bc,the indo-europian language spred to the northern india,Thai may related to it by the spreading of the Buddaism on the past time.by the way to keep some ancient words in Thai-dictionary.

Edited by thaichangchang

it`s said on the bible that there were the same language over the world.if it had been,i would think of it existed before the indo-europian languages.and about 500 Bc,the indo-europian language spred to the northern india,Thai may related to it by the spreading of the Buddaism on the past time.by the way to keep some ancient words in Thai-dictionary.

Most people who've studied the matter would say Indo-European were in 'India' (in a sense including Pakistan) by 1200 BC; some turn it round and claim that Indo-European came from India.

While Thai has borrowed a lot of words from Pali and Sanskrit, the words have spread with aspects of Indian culture (such as Buddhism and even Hinduism), and I don't think you will find them in Northern Zhuang, a Tai language of China.

The two main theories on what the Tai-Kadai group is related to are (1) Chinese and (2) Austronesian languages (e.g. Malay). The second theory is probably the most believable, though it's not impossible that Tai-Kadai simply borrowed a lot of words from an Austronesian language. Chinese is related to Burmese and Tibetan, as part of a group variously known as Sino-Tibetan and Tibeto-Burman. ('Tibeto-Burman' can also mean a group within this group.)

It's been suggested (chiefly by Laurent Sagart) that Sino-Tibetan and Austronesian are related, and by a more numerous group that Sino-Tibetan is related to Basque, North East Caucasian and North West Caucasian in a family called Dene-Caucasian or Sino-Dene. Not many are convinced by these claims. There are people who believe that Indo-European is related to Uralic (e.g. Finnish and Hungarian), Mongolian, Eskimo, Turkish, Japanese, Dravidian, Georgian and sometimes even Afro-Asiatic (e.g. Arabic, Hebrew, Ancient Egyptian, Berber, Somali, Hausa) in a group called Nostratic, and then that Nostratic and Sino-Dene are related. Only at this level are Thai and Indo-European languages related by descent from a common ancestor, and many people believe that there is no justification even for believing that the 'Nostratic' languages are particularly related.

There's a family tree of these languages with dates (+ve = AD, -ve = BC) at http://starling.rinet.ru/images/globet.png .

• Like 2

thanks much!

the linguist W.Jones had predicted that there must had been a original language(he named it proto-indo-european)existed on the past time, with some same root-verbs and gammars in four languages ,including sanskrit,greek,latin and old english.if someone could find one certain language can afford to fit this condition,i think it should be a nice thing to reveal the ancient history by the merely remains of letter-records on the past.

Edited by thaichangchang

yes,after this original research was a tedious work in comparison with the phonemes.Since I had been a recorder about morse-code signals and vocal talkings for over a decade.I can check out the phonemes easily.

Edited by thaichangchang

at first,i found that it is not hard to compare with the words for the european,for the same branch from the latin.the phonemes they used were nearly the same with those kept in my old thai dictionary.it took me several months to confirm for that so.

Edited by thaichangchang

it is difficult before the computer was made. but now,we can check the vocal sound on the website easily.according to the standard sound, we can note down the nearest spelling to seek for the meanings the word stored up with.

Edited by thaichangchang

the processes as below:

1.at first,to confirm the meaning for the name of a place may indicate the features of the environment.

(except for taking after famous person's name)

2.the second,by my own opinions,the words of the colors should means the same.

3.the other words followed.

for example:

(red means the blood/body)

(yellow means the sand/soil/ground)

(green means the plants)

Edited by thaichangchang

7 pages long:

http://www.crazythailand.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85863

Might be a manic episode.

"During these manic phases, individuals are excessively exuberant. Their thoughts race feverishly, leading to extravagant behaviour. They see patterns everywhere—everything seems connected to everything else, and the smallest event can take on an exaggerated meaning. These people can also be very creative; the connections that they draw between things constantly inspire them with new ideas and new theories."

simply to say,we could find out the lexicals or phonemes of old english by a thai dictionary.

to find out the lexicals or phonemes of the present languages may be nothing,but which of the past languages must be something of important in history.

Edited by thaichangchang

above the all, we must to guess that what language was used before latin?

what language was used on the steles among the rome empire which differed from latin?

were the lexicals or phonemes almost the same while to form up the european languages from latin?

Edited by thaichangchang