American Expat in Pattaya Gains Appreciation for Giving Out Free Bike Helmets

snoop1130

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I would love to see how many of these new helmets will still be used in a week or a month.

Somehow I bet most of them will somewhere pick up a lot of dust. 

A-Dirty-Nexx-X.WED2-Purist-Helmet.jpg?re

Picture for reference only. 😉 

Doubt it, the in thing now is to blast down the road on one wheel but wearing a helmet...:stoner:

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, transam said:

I watch a load of those, I like watching them fall off and their bike being destroyed, but the vid always ends to not show you them crying over the future repair bill...:guitar:

How many Turo-Hayabusa doing a wheelie at over 300km/h did you see recently? 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Or as when I bought helmets for all of my staff - within a week they had all been sold at the local market.  :sad:

They all showed their talent for doing business. 😉 

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How many Turo-Hayabusa doing a wheelie at over 300km/h did you see recently? 

Not interested in those, I like the ones where they are showing off wearing flip-flops.........:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

22 minutes ago, Screaming said:

If Rick Brown really cared about these children he would encourage them to get off those dangerous bikes and take another form of transportation.

It's almost funny when some people constantly warn about the dangers of motorcycles.

Every time you go out of your home there are dangers. And inside the home there are also dangers. It's part of life. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A video on his account shows Brown stopping a motorcycle carrying two children without helmets. He engages with the parents, offering them free helmets for their kids, leaving the parents visibly moved by this act of kindness.

They love freebies...

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Very nice gesture.  The man has a good heart.

It pains me when I see a motorbike with an adult and 1-4 kids on it and only the adult is wearing a helmet.   But mostly none of them are wearing helmets.

I guess the police don't fine you if the driver is wearing a helmet even if the others are not.  I think the main reason you see people wearing helmets is just to avoid a fine, not for safety.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, rwill said:

It pains me when I see a motorbike with an adult and 1-4 kids on it and only the adult is wearing a helmet.   But mostly none of them are wearing helmets.

I guess the police don't fine you if the driver is wearing a helmet even if the others are not.  I think the main reason you see people wearing helmets is just to avoid a fine, not for safety.

The police will fine passengers who are not wearing a helmet. When it suits them.

My Thai business partner was on the back of my bike when we were stopped.

I was wearing a helmet. She wasn't. She was fined.

In reality, a family of four is more likely to get a warning.  The police will realise that they cannot probably afford three fines.

• Agree 1

I would be afraid to do something like that here. It feels like it would be against some rule, need a work permit, or the locals would not like it for some reason. I'm glad it worked out though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Waste of time, one of the reasons ladies don't wear helmets is that it messes up their hair 

Where did it say he was giving them to ladies? 

He's giving them to children.  

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Having lived in Thailand for 18 months, Brown has grown fond of the country. He recognizes that some families may be unable to afford helmets, so he decided to lend a hand.

He need to learn a little bit more, and stay here for some years. Then he will suddenly find out they have money for lao khao on a daily basis and the children can afford yaba.

But nice of him to spend his money giving away helmets that will be placed in every home. Maybe some kids can make business of it and collect ten helmets for selling later.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1