how can i buy a apartment in bangkok ?

Don't think there is such a thing as a Thor Tor 3 anymore, i recall it has been replaced by FET (Foreign Exchange Transaction) form.

My country has so many restriction ,corrupt government ,its really tough to send money through bank ,they need many explanation and lots stupid shit ,so i have to use hundi , btw ever heard of hundi ? Its kind of illegal ,thats why i said what happen if i cant show thor tor 3

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hundi - used to transfer funds in India before, during and after the British Raj.

Is now considered 'unnecessary' by the banks and governments of the subcontinent and (by some) of dubious legality.

The 'correct' method is that a bank abroad transfers the funds, in its local currency, with the notation on the transfer document that it is for the purchase of a condominium.

The receiving bank changes the money into baht and issues the FET form (which replaced the tor tor 3 some time ago) based on the transfer documents.

Without the FET form the land office will not accept that money was transferred from aboard for the purpose of purchasing a condo, in a legal manner.

Edited by Ginkas

Hundi - used to transfer funds in India before, during and after the British Raj.

Is now considered 'unnecessary' by the banks and governments of the subcontinent and (by some) of dubious legality.

The 'correct' method is that a bank abroad transfers the funds, in its local currency, with the notation on the transfer document that it is for the purchase of a condominium.

The receiving bank changes the money into baht and issues the FET form (which replaced the tor tor 3 some time ago) based on the transfer documents.

Without the FET form the land office will not accept that money was transferred from aboard for the purpose of purchasing a condo, in a legal manner.

The transfer doesn't have to be in sending bank's local currency (but must not be THB).

It's true that you often get the best exchange rate by transferring local currency, but for some countries with "minor currencies" it can actually be economically beneficial to transfer in a major currency like the USD despite this requiring two currency exchanges.

Sophon

The Condominium Act says, as follows:

Section 19 Aliens (foreigners) and juristic persons regarded by law as aliens (foreign) may hold ownership of an apartment if the are the following:

1. Aliens permitted to have residence in the Kingdom under the Immigration law;
  2. Aliens permitted to enter into the Kingdom under the investment promotion law;
  3. Juristic persons as provided in Section 97 and 98 of the Land Code and registered as juristic persons under Thai law;
  4. Juristic persons which are aliens under the Announcement of the National Executive Council No.281 dated November 24 (current section 4 Foreign Business Act), B.E. 2515 and have obtained promotion certificate under investment promotion law;
  5. Aliens or juristic persons regarded by law as aliens who have brought in foreign currency into the Kingdom or withdraw money from Thai baht account of the person who have residence outside the Kingdom or withdraw money from a foreign currency account.

So according to (5) above it should be possible to open an FCD account at a Thai bank, deposit the funds there in e.g. USD or EUR and then make a withdrawal matching the transfer price of the condo.

Though I have no idea whether the Land Office actually accepts this in practice. Perhaps you could ask them.