Satish appeals to HM the King over Thai govt order to deport him

webfact

Satish made a mistake and that is his problem now. He should not waste the time of such a truly wonderful person, who should not be dragged into these type of trivial and stressful personal mistakes, and '"put on the spot" in this way.

If you loved Thailand you would not pester such an illustrious person in his elderly frail condition, it is disrespectful.

Especially when Satish is simply receiving the justice promised him - all foreigners were clearly told to avoid protest sites and incendiary rhetoric, and Satish didn't.

You don't think he sits in his hospital bed reading letters of woe requesting pardons do you ?

Just like he doesn't personally go around at month end collecting rent on all the billions of dollars of property he owns in Bangkok and beyond.

Minions and puppet masters do that for him / in his name.

Edited by SGD

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Satish yesterday insisted on his innocence and said he was unfairly treated. He said that he had never been summoned by the authorities to hear a formal charge against him and that he had never been formally notified."

" Satish said he would need to rely on the court to ensure justice, adding "I believe in the Thai justice system.""

Bless him, he deserves full marks for his Thainess.

so ladies & gentlemen, everybody that is not thai, better shutup as you are only merely tollerated overhere, even you have business, family , whatever ties

That just about sums it up, well done!

Just one note to add, you can complain about things if you want, but it won't make any difference.

totster :)

No pardon for him he is Indian not Thai and the protests did not concern him. Deport him and make an example of him he should have minded his own bloody business. I don't understand these people they come from countries that have all kinds of political conflicts and turmoil and start the same shit in the country they immigrate to, if they want this unrest and hassle why don't they stay at home.

• Like 1

again this is the ignorant Thai government raising it's ugly head and stating to all "you are not one of us"

You do not have the same rights as us.

You are not free to express yourself or opinions.

It doesn't matter how long you've been here or what you've contributed to the country you can always leave.

You do not have those inalienable rights that developed countries have, we are a third world country with third world views.

If you are not Thai you will always be a second class citizen or less.

We are not America though we spew "democracy" whenever we can but we don't know what it means.

You stay too long and can go home even if you don't have one. bah.gif

What a load of nonsense.

As visitor, tourists or whatever you are not afforded the same rights of abode and protection as a citizen. This is largely universal.

Break the law and there can be consequences.

Right, stupid law! "All men are not created equal" that's the problem.

Thais go to America, they can work, they can protest, their rights for being a human being are protected under the constitution.

Here the constitution and laws don't seem to have anything to do with each other.

Oh yeah, because immigrating to "America" is so easy, right? For a Thai to be admitted in the US, as a simple tourist mind you, they will have to jump through a series of hoops, including a 3 hour interview, a 45-page questionnaire, proof of funds, personal references in the US, being employed in Thailand and a long etc. And once you get to the immigration officer at any US airport, you will realize you are NOT just like any other American human being but a second-class citizen or less. If you haven't had that experience, you just can't come to Thailand to blab about what "democracy" means. Your superiority complex needs to stay in your country of origin.

• Like 1

He knew the possible consequences.

We (he) have (has) no business getting involved, in this (or any other country's) internal politics.

And while I'm on this soapbox... Australia UK, EU, USA, for example, should deport and strip the citizenship of migrants who commit felony crimes as well, no matter how long they lived there.

I'm opposed to the death penalty anywhere. But very much in favour of deportation where 'foreigners' mess up in their adopted country, and their immediate family can pack while they're at it. That's not only a deterrent, but a win-win, don't like the way things work here? Don't like the laws enough to abide? Then go the hell home!

Oh I see, as if there aren't already hundreds of appeals filed and pardons granted every year to prisoners in Thai jails convicted of every kind of crime.... except of course the "crime" of opposing the PTP and the Thaksin regime. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yesterday, he went to the PDRC's main protest site at Lumpini Park. "I am innocent and they should not have persecuted me. If I did anything wrong, I would have admitted to it," he said.

Sure, and he's apparently just as innocent as those other criminals because he would have, of course, confessed had he been guilty!

I have a British friend who is a Thai citizen. At some point in history Thai Citizenship was offered and he took it. It seems strange that during the same period Mr. Satish did not avail himself of the same offer?

Anyway as has been said we are all visitors here even those with not so permanent residency. As my wife says foreigners should not be involved in protests as they don't understand Thailand.

Sad but at 70 he should have known better!

There's nothing wrong with sticking with PR status so long as you accept the constraints. I've been offered Singaporean citizenship in the past and turned it down. I understand that means I cannot participate in political protests or advocacy in Singapore. I accept that. It's not about 'not understanding the country' per se (as your wife might argue)... I might have a better understanding of the political situation than many citizens. It's instead about the rights, entitlements, and obligations that go along with citizenship... you can't have your cake and eat it to. I don't know why this seems so controversial to some...

again this is the ignorant Thai government raising it's ugly head and stating to all "you are not one of us"

You do not have the same rights as us.

You are not free to express yourself or opinions.

It doesn't matter how long you've been here or what you've contributed to the country you can always leave.

You do not have those inalienable rights that developed countries have, we are a third world country with third world views.

If you are not Thai you will always be a second class citizen or less.

We are not America though we spew "democracy" whenever we can but we don't know what it means.

You stay too long and can go home even if you don't have one. bah.gif

What a load of nonsense.

As visitor, tourists or whatever you are not afforded the same rights of abode and protection as a citizen. This is largely universal.

Break the law and there can be consequences.

Right, stupid law! "All men are not created equal" that's the problem.

Thais go to America, they can work, they can protest, their rights for being a human being are protected under the constitution.

Here the constitution and laws don't seem to have anything to do with each other.

Oh yeah, because immigrating to "America" is so easy, right? For a Thai to be admitted in the US, as a simple tourist mind you, they will have to jump through a series of hoops, including a 3 hour interview, a 45-page questionnaire, proof of funds, personal references in the US, being employed in Thailand and a long etc. And once you get to the immigration officer at any US airport, you will realize you are NOT just like any other American human being but a second-class citizen or less. If you haven't had that experience, you just can't come to Thailand to blab about what "democracy" means. Your superiority complex needs to stay in your country of origin.

And what about those millions of "illegal" immigrants in the US, thrown in detention camps in Arizona for months on end, detained at job sites, "randomly" pulled over by police in all those Southern states just for looking illegal... "All men are created equal" doesn't apply in their cases? Or is it that breaking the immigration laws in the US is worse than in Thailand? Stop comparing what you so wrongly call a third-world country to your American standard, because you sound like a fourth-world country fool.

This is the guy who thought what Thailand needed most is thousands of framed portraits of the king to be sent to the rural poor ... that would magically convert them into yellow shirts. Of course, if he'd ever deign to step into a farmer's house, he'd learn that almost all of them already have a portrait of the present king as well as revered kings of the past. Of course, one might suggest that his initiative was nothing more than a cynical ploy to suck up to the Thai elites and/or the royal family... but who am I to say? whistling.gif

• Like 1

"On February 22, the Interior Ministry's Immigration Commission resolved that Satish had violated the immigration law and therefore should be deported. The panel reversed its decision three days earlier that Satish had not committed any wrongdoing in this matter."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Only in Thailand

Curious, I don't remember westerners on this board kicking up so much fuss when Thailand deports Rohingyas or the Hmong. Then again, they're not likely to be upstanding businessmen or members of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club.

I don't remember you posting anything is the infrequent thread about Rohingyas. As is usual there were some for and some against in the last thread I posted in - just like most threads on TV.

The problem here is that the process by which he was found 'guilty' and ordered to be deported flies in the face of real justice, which should be meted out by a court - not someone of the likes of Chalerm who has a record of perverting justice.

Satish made a mistake in feeling that the law here would be administered fairly, not by politicians who think (correctly, unfortunately) they are above the law. And there's this:

Chalerm said yesterday that he had signed the deportation order because Satish had confessed to the authorities that he was involved in the seizure of five state agencies, including the Department of Civil Aviation, in the early days of the anti-government protests organised by the PDRC

A blatant lie as the DCA was not seized by the protestors. It's easy to see that this decision was vindictive and not really proper justice when lies are needed to support it. I wish him well with his petition where he is likely to get a better standard of legal process.

• Like 2

Curious, I don't remember westerners on this board kicking up so much fuss when Thailand deports Rohingyas or the Hmong.

Perhaps because the Hmong deportation was four years ago and you've been a member for four months.

Maybe I need to travel and request help over the anti-family immigration laws for farang husbands. coffee1.gif

Its not hard to become a PR if you fill out the required forms, hand over the 300,000 baht required and hold the same valid work permit for 3 consecutive years, then apply for citizenship. What has he been up to for the last 60 years the silly ass... No sympathy here...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Maybe I need to travel and request help over the anti-family immigration laws for farang husbands. coffee1.gif

Its not hard to become a PR if you fill out the required forms, hand over the 300,000 baht required and hold the same valid work permit for 3 consecutive years, then apply for citizenship. What has he been up to for the last 60 years the silly ass... No sympathy here...

India doesn't allow dual citizenship. And representing the Thai Indian business association whilst being a Thai might be a little bit of an issue.

India doesn't allow dual citizenship. And representing the Thai Indian business association whilst being a Thai might be a little bit of an issue.

Well what's he doing here then asking the royal household for a pardon? Make a choice pal... I also wonder when dual citizenship was changed for Indians as there are plenty in Australia with both. Hmm need to Google. But that still doesn't answer the question. Why does he not hold Thai citizenship and why was he protesting knowing the possible repercussions. Its like waving a red flag at a bull. Oops, I think that is what he has just gone and done....

Well what's he doing here then asking the royal household for a pardon? Make a choice pal... I also wonder when dual citizenship was changed for Indians as there are plenty in Australia with both. Hmm need to Google. But that still doesn't answer the question. Why does he not hold Thai citizenship and why was he protesting knowing the possible repercussions. Its like waving a red flag at a bull. Oops, I think that is what he has just gone and done....

Thats exactly what he's done. He is an Indian with a PR certificate for Thailand. In many other countries if he participated in a protest to incite the overthrow of a sitting government he would be promptly thrown out of the country. Foreigners officially peitition the King for pardons, but this is normally done having been convicted. Immigration depts are very different. Don't ever mess with immigration anywhere.

If you commit a crime serious enough in most countries, and you are not a citizen, they deport you. I suppose in some ways he should be thankful, that the punishment isn't 5 years in jail. Would he prefer that?

In the first warning, issued in December, the Immigration Bureau said foreign nationals should not participate in the protests because this was illegal and dangerous. Violations could result in deportation.

In the northeast border province of Nong Khai, immigration police put up a sign saying that if any foreigners were found to be involved in the demonstrations, their permission to stay in Thailand could possibly be suspended.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Foreigners-again-warned-against-joining-rallies-or-30226325.html

If he couldn't work out that a PR doesn't make you Thai, well hes not very smart is he.

In fact as a Brit, I should be careful. Rumour has it, that the Brits removed granted nationality of people accused of terrorism whilst away fighting in Syria. They tried to get back to the UK and were refused entry. Imagine that....I wonder how Thailand would reconcile a dual national who commits terrorism in the South?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Thats exactly what he's done. He is an Indian with a PR certificate for Thailand. In many other countries if he participated in a protest to incite the overthrow of a sitting government he would be promptly thrown out of the country. Foreigners officially peitition the King for pardons, but this is normally done having been convicted. Immigration depts are very different. Don't ever mess with immigration anywhere.

If you commit a crime serious enough in most countries, and you are not a citizen, they deport you. I suppose in some ways he should be thankful, that the punishment isn't 5 years in jail. Would he prefer that?

In the first warning, issued in December, the Immigration Bureau said foreign nationals should not participate in the protests because this was illegal and dangerous. Violations could result in deportation.

In the northeast border province of Nong Khai, immigration police put up a sign saying that if any foreigners were found to be involved in the demonstrations, their permission to stay in Thailand could possibly be suspended.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Foreigners-again-warned-against-joining-rallies-or-30226325.html

If he couldn't work out that a PR doesn't make you Thai, well hes not very smart is he.

In fact as a Brit, I should be careful. Rumour has it, that the Brits removed granted nationality of people accused of terrorism whilst away fighting in Syria. They tried to get back to the UK and were refused entry. Imagine that....I wonder how Thailand would reconcile a dual national who commits terrorism in the South?

Got to like this post ! ;)

Yes, but an Indian born person holding a foreign passport can get a Person Of Indian Origin card that gives them substantial rights and freedom of passage to India. And it's easily converted back to Indian citizenship. Several of my friends have taken this up when becoming citizens of other countries. I'm sure it would have not been an issue. And I find it bizarre to suggest that he maintained Indian citizenship just to maintain involvement in a business association .

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Doesn't sound to me like he believes in the Thai justice system.....

Why should he, nobody else does either

Yes but he is crawling on his belly right now. And serve him right ! I know that if i did what he did i would be deported, so why not him.

Curious, I don't remember westerners on this board kicking up so much fuss when Thailand deports Rohingyas or the Hmong. Then again, they're not likely to be upstanding businessmen or members of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club.

I don't remember you posting anything is the infrequent thread about Rohingyas. As is usual there were some for and some against in the last thread I posted in - just like most threads on TV.

The problem here is that the process by which he was found 'guilty' and ordered to be deported flies in the face of real justice, which should be meted out by a court - not someone of the likes of Chalerm who has a record of perverting justice.

Satish made a mistake in feeling that the law here would be administered fairly, not by politicians who think (correctly, unfortunately) they are above the law. And there's this:

Chalerm said yesterday that he had signed the deportation order because Satish had confessed to the authorities that he was involved in the seizure of five state agencies, including the Department of Civil Aviation, in the early days of the anti-government protests organised by the PDRC

A blatant lie as the DCA was not seized by the protestors. It's easy to see that this decision was vindictive and not really proper justice when lies are needed to support it. I wish him well with his petition where he is likely to get a better standard of legal process.

You really think that, in most countries, deportation decisions are the responsibility of the courts?

Yes, but an Indian born person holding a foreign passport can get a Person Of Indian Origin card that gives them substantial rights and freedom of passage to India. And it's easily converted back to Indian citizenship. Several of my friends have taken this up when becoming citizens of other countries. I'm sure it would have not been an issue. And I find it bizarre to suggest that he maintained Indian citizenship just to maintain involvement in a business association .

We forgot to mention from being a 5 year old onwards??? No brainer. Next..

Normally I would have sympathy for this guy who has been in Thailand for around 50 years! but now I have no idea what point he was trying to make!

...and so he should be deported because you don't understand his point? facepalm.gif

Not only deported, also banned from any entry for 5 years and so banned to see his sick mother he take care off.

Sick mother !! don't come that crap, you saw that he has a brother here to take care of her, and other family, she will not be alone. w00t.giffacepalm.gif