Rally leader Taya suspends activities for safety of her family; Thaksin's ex-wife at Emporium

webfact

Deputy Governor must have been a Democrat I guess.

She forget she is in Thailand which means if you look wrong at someone they could pop you off.

Now I wonder if her school's licence will be removed or if they find some pieces in the closet such as paying money under the table to get admitted to her school. This is surely not the end of the story and I am sure she is in for the money for her school.

Interesting reasoning which seem to bring us further and further away from the violent reaction of some on an Amply Rich lady having a whistle blown at her.

Some more Interested reasoning that another rich lady's spoiled brat , that the lady she was following, intimidating and blowing the whistle at knew who she belonged to!

Cheers

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ManofReason, on 07 Mar 2014 - 10:51, said:

Yet another Thai learning that actions have consequences.

Yeh, consequences, you blow a whistle, you get bombs thrown at your house.

Thais should open their eyes and learn more from these actions.

Pretty much.

You tease a dog, you're going to get bitten.

This is true the world over.

Why the surprise?

What makes you think the violence would only occur in one direction?

Surely the dog should then be locked up or put down ? As is true the world over.

So, you say that it is NORMAL that someone get shot at them mother house, thrown grenades at them house... because they blew whistles at the ex-wife of a former PM!!!

Is it THIS your conception of DEMOCRACY?

Retaliation is a very human need. Maybe she was lucky, they killed JFK.

Wow JFK blew whistles??

The question is this - which is more intimidating - whistles or bombs ? Someone or some persons seem to think it's bombs. One thing is for sure, it has sparked a series of outraged responses. But this is not only just any kind of outrage. It is more akin to a mental imbalance. What inspired it ? The image of a centi-millionaire being whistled at. That was it. But for one or more people that was clearly more than enough. Thaksin's lawyer immediately lodged an international statement of outrage at the incident, saying that Thaksin's ex-wife was being pursued by the " elite ". One is not quite sure what he meant by the word elite, except that it clearly must include people who are somewhat shy of being a centi-millionaire. But what puts people over the top - what sends them into a psychotic state ? Whistles ? And if so, exactly what would be behind that kind of imbalance of mind ? Just how fragile can egos be ? Perhaps the fragility of the egos are measured by the ferocity, irrationality, and unbalanced nature of the response.

You can not try to explain Thainess with Western logic!

It is all about face and social status.

The higher the social status and the wealthier a person in Thailand is the more "hangers on" they have - these people then feel obliged to defend "Khun Nai's honor" or restore her "face" and teach you a lesson..

In this case the young lady acted quite stupidly - she "did not know her place". The woman thought because her family has money and is connected and because she was in a group-- she can do as she pleases (she would very likely never have whistled at the Khunying if she would have been alone).

The message sent to her was - "you don't mess with and insult somebody of higher social status - who do you think you are you stupid little prat ?- you are a nobody compared to me". She now has given in and the mother made clear publicly that she scolded her daughter for what she did - Khunying' s face is kind of restored.

You do not embarrass ANYBODY - and for sure not somebody rich and connected - in public in Thailand and on top be so stupid and post the whole thing on the internet!

There is no way you will get away with it - at least not without a "warning" to restore the face of the person you embarrassed or insulted.

I know this is difficult to understand for some - but TIT and this is how it works here!

ManofReason, on 07 Mar 2014 - 10:51, said:

Yeh, consequences, you blow a whistle, you get bombs thrown at your house.

Thais should open their eyes and learn more from these actions.

Pretty much.

You tease a dog, you're going to get bitten.

This is true the world over.

Why the surprise?

What makes you think the violence would only occur in one direction?

I love your comparison with humans and dogs having supposedly the same reaction...Better not knowing you in case of desagreement!

The question is this - which is more intimidating - whistles or bombs ? Someone or some persons seem to think it's bombs. One thing is for sure, it has sparked a series of outraged responses. But this is not only just any kind of outrage. It is more akin to a mental imbalance. What inspired it ? The image of a centi-millionaire being whistled at. That was it. But for one or more people that was clearly more than enough. Thaksin's lawyer immediately lodged an international statement of outrage at the incident, saying that Thaksin's ex-wife was being pursued by the " elite ". One is not quite sure what he meant by the word elite, except that it clearly must include people who are somewhat shy of being a centi-millionaire. But what puts people over the top - what sends them into a psychotic state ? Whistles ? And if so, exactly what would be behind that kind of imbalance of mind ? Just how fragile can egos be ? Perhaps the fragility of the egos are measured by the ferocity, irrationality, and unbalanced nature of the response.

The higher the social status and the wealthier a person in Thailand is the more "hangers on" they have - these people then feel obliged to defend "Khun Nai's honor" or restore her "face" and teach you a lesson..

In this case the young lady acted quite stupidly - she "did not know her place". The woman thought because her family has money and is connected and because she was in a group-- she can do as she pleases (she would very likely never have whistled at the Khunying if she would have been alone).

The message sent to her was - "you don't mess with and insult somebody of higher social status - who do you think you are you stupid little prat ?- you are a nobody compared to me". She now has given in and the mother made clear publicly that she scolded her daughter for what she did - Khunying' s face is kind of restored.

You do not embarrass ANYBODY - and for sure not somebody rich and connected - in public in Thailand and on top be so stupid and post the whole thing on the internet!

There is no way you will get away with it - at least not without a "warning" to restore the face of the person you embarrassed or insulted.

I know this is difficult to understand for some - but TIT and this is how it works here!

This is a very apt description of how some situations work.

Perceptive post.

I don't want to see her hurt but I believe 2 months in jail would be an appropriate sentence for her violence and harassment

Why? She isn't the one bombing people.

More to the point why isn't thaksin's ex in gaol? i thought she'd got three years for corruption or something like that.

What does anything about anyones ex wife have to do with being, followed, intimidated and harassed in a public place?

This person needs to be brought up on charges, she has no right to blow whistles at anyone, as no one has a right to intimidate her mother for her stupid actions!. Yet she saw fit to violate another person, as someone thought the same in intimidating her mom! Both were wrong!

Cheers

No, one is a despicable criminal avoiding gaol time because her ex husbands party is in charge. A criminal who exploited her position to enrich herself. Someone who is a burden on society. The other blew the whistle on her. Annoying but not on the scale of thaksins criminal ex wife.

Very good. Taya may or may not think she's elite but this the de facto wife of the de facto PM she insulted and they don't come any more elite in Thailand than Khunying Pojaman.

I don't want to see her hurt but I believe 2 months in jail would be an appropriate sentence for her violence and harassment

More to the point why isn't thaksin's ex in gaol? i thought she'd got three years for corruption or something like that.

What does anything about anyones ex wife have to do with being, followed, intimidated and harassed in a public place?

This person needs to be brought up on charges, she has no right to blow whistles at anyone, as no one has a right to intimidate her mother for her stupid actions!. Yet she saw fit to violate another person, as someone thought the same in intimidating her mom! Both were wrong!

Cheers

No, one is a despicable criminal avoiding gaol time because her ex husbands party is in charge. A criminal who exploited her position to enrich herself. Someone who is a burden on society. The other blew the whistle on her. Annoying but not on the scale of thaksins criminal ex wife.
She crossed a line in this case by pursuing a private citizen and harassing her in a dept store. I don't care about the whistling grannies in their pursuit of public figures...up to the point at which it is impossible for them to do their jobs. I object most strongly to the hooliganism involved in this case ( and her family agrees, as it turns out). Then some loony ups the ante and strikes back. Therein lies the problem: these tit for tat attacks never stop and in instances in other counties they have become very serious indeed...personal vendettas in the name of politics. A short term in prison will give her the chance to reflect on her mistakes ( or even a public apology , with genuine contrition, acknowledging the error) Edited by Prbkk

Cheers

This is so annoyingly incorrect it's laughable.

Yawn. Can't stand the heat in the kitchen, don't cook. Saw her mum on tv the other morning, jeez, bet she's pissed off having to pay maids, gardeners, cleaners a minimum wage these days. Not like the old days, when they were actually beholden to her, and grateful for work.

As opposed to Taksin's drivers, maids, gardeners et all who all are billionaires.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cheers

She crossed a line in this case by pursuing a private citizen and harassing her in a dept store. I don't care about the whistling grannies in their pursuit of public figures...up to the point at which it is impossible for them to do their jobs. I object most strongly to the hooliganism involved in this case ( and her family agrees, as it turns out). Then some loony ups the ante and strikes back. Therein lies the problem: these tit for tat attacks never stop and in instances in other counties they have become very serious indeed...personal vendettas in the name of politics. A short term in prison will give her the chance to reflect on her mistakes ( or even a public apology , with genuine contrition, acknowledging the error)

Some loony? Where is your proof? How do you know it wasn't a mercenary or regular Thai Rouge?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

'Showdown at the Emporium'.

This will probably be remembered as the most significant event of this long protest. The two top families of their respective clans facing off at the most prominent local luxury shopping mall (yes Emporium is more frequented by local hi-so families than the touristy Paragon). One brings a whistle to the gunfight while the other sends in the thugs thereafter.

What did Eve (Taya) expect after humiliating the Queen of the Reds? She should have thought things out before choosing to take on Pojaman outside of the protest zone and off stage just for a youtube clip.

The rabid reds would surely do anything in retaliation. Whatever you do, they retaliate ten fold.

Deputy Governor must have been a Democrat I guess.

She forget she is in Thailand which means if you look wrong at someone they could pop you off.

Now I wonder if her school's licence will be removed or if they find some pieces in the closet such as paying money under the table to get admitted to her school. This is surely not the end of the story and I am sure she is in for the money for her school.

Interesting reasoning which seem to bring us further and further away from the violent reaction of some on an Amply Rich lady having a whistle blown at her.

Some more Interested reasoning that another rich lady's spoiled brat , that the lady she was following, intimidating and blowing the whistle at knew who she belonged to!

Cheers

You're such a charming fellow.

@philw

No. It's correct. Hurling bombs or blowing whistles? I know which is the worse. Blowing whistles or avoiding gaol because of your corrupt connections? I know which is worse. What is laughable is your inability to see this.

I met my first rabid Red Shirt Farang last night.

Aggressive, border running TEFL teacher who told me that Suthep was going to kick ALL Farangs out of Thailand, amongst other bizarre comments.

If they are going to start, I'll assume that bloke will be one of the first, hopefully.

• Like 1

She crossed a line in this case by pursuing a private citizen and harassing her in a dept store. I don't care about the whistling grannies in their pursuit of public figures...up to the point at which it is impossible for them to do their jobs. I object most strongly to the hooliganism involved in this case ( and her family agrees, as it turns out). Then some loony ups the ante and strikes back. Therein lies the problem: these tit for tat attacks never stop and in instances in other counties they have become very serious indeed...personal vendettas in the name of politics. A short term in prison will give her the chance to reflect on her mistakes ( or even a public apology , with genuine contrition, acknowledging the error)

So you're still talking about Pojaman, right?

Think about what you have just said...!! You are advocating bombings of even those who are not directly involved in any of the current mess.

I don't know who you are a reincarnation of (possible Jacksh1t, who went missing some weeks ago) but you are treading on dangerous ground here.

Most of us here are able to adopt a mature, balanced perspective of the current situation in Thailand; we do not need extremists in our midst...!!

I'm not advocating anything, it's false of you to suggest that I am.

I am stating what is common knowledge.

Actions have consequences.

I have voiced neither approval or disapproval of either the actions or the consequences in the referenced situation.

Nobody operates in a vacuum, what we do affects others which in turn affects the way they act towards us.

In life the best course of action is to follow the golden rule i.e. Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

Blowing whistles in someones ear or firing a rifle hidden within a popcorn bag is going to provoke a response that you will be, at the very least, partially responsible for.

Start to look like a PT politician now, ManofReason (but no clue).

Your comment has been seen through by others, so you try to talk your way out as YL's followers do in Thai-government……..

Have yourself a merry marry bottle of ear drops and cheers.

@Prbkk

Why should Potjaman only serve a short period in prison???/

for the land buying case she should have got a stiff penalty…...

Most of these thugish rally leaders love to indtimidate and bully other people.... then someone does it back to them and they have a sook and a cry like a spoilt child.

2 rights dont make a wrong, but it boils down to their bad karma coming to bite them on the a***... and these thugish rally leaders have a LOT of bad karma.

• Like 1