Border run and 90 day report

Greeting, I will be in Koh Chang during the month of May. I have two deadlines within 10 days. First , a 90 day report on the 19th. Is there an immigration in trat that can do this? Second, my one year Ed visa is up on the 29 th. Is it possible to do a border run to Cambodia on the 28th and get a 15 day extension? This buys me enough time to get back to Chiang Mai for the 1 year Ed renew. Ideas and logistics appreciated.

Thanks.

There is an immigration office in Trat. You could do your 90 day report there but you will need an address for there to put on the report and possibly some proof of that address.

Trat Checkpoint

8/2 Moo 2 Amphoe Laem Changwat Trat 23120 Tel. 0-3959-7261

Doing a border crossing will not extend your ED extension it would only give you a 15 day visa exempt entry. If you did that you would have start all over again by getting a new visa.

I suggest you try to get your extension before making your trip. It can be done up to 30 days early (45 days at some offices)..

You can mail your 90 day report in, or go to a nearby immigraiton office (but in that case be sure to have some proof of address, like a hotel bill to show you are staying in their area).

I think you are on an extension of stay. If you leave Thailand you will lose your permission to stay and woud need to apply for a new ED-visa abroad. Best is to return to CM and take care of your extension there with the help of your school.

You can mail your 90 day report in, or go to a nearby immigraiton office (but in that case be sure to have some proof of address, like a hotel bill to show you are staying in their area).

I think you are on an extension of stay. If you leave Thailand you will lose your permission to stay and woud need to apply for a new ED-visa abroad. Best is to return to CM and take care of your extension there with the help of your school.

Thanks Mario, I have a work assignment ( internship) at centara. This contract for work should satisfy the 90 day local address requirement I think.????

I have an appointment in CM imm on may 28 to renew 1 year Ed. Unfortunately, my employment contract ends on June 15 th. the uni I attend will do all the nessasary paper work for the visa so I don't think, if I leave to Cambodia for 15 days extension, I will be denied a renew opportunity IN country. Not sure and the uni admin is worthless and inconsistent with their requirements. Perhaps a trip to cm immigration b 4 departure is advisable. Not sure what they would do. If anything! You can see my predicament is a bit unusual.

I am pretty sure immigratio will send you abroad to get a new ED-visa. Also officially you could not continue your internship if being on a 15 day visa exempt entry.

Another option is to ask the university to send you paperwork to apply for a new ED-visa, instead of only hopping over the border. But that wil take a few days.

I am pretty sure immigratio will send you abroad to get a new ED-visa. Also officially you could not continue your internship if being on a 15 day visa exempt entry.

Another option is to ask the university to send you paperwork to apply for a new ED-visa, instead of only hopping over the border. But that wil take a few days.

Great point . That would disqualify me for the internship. I gues I will play it by ear and worst case , come back on the 28 for the CM appointment . Perhaps just cancel my work contract short........