Rice prices dropped to 8,000 - 8,200 baht per ton

webfact

I Believe the next government should subsidize the rice crop, help the farmer set up Co-ops to mill and store their rice for sale!

Cheers

I'm quite certain the next government is going to be busy doing one of two things - depending upon who the next government is.

1. Non-PTP/Thaksin Puppet Government - Spend time investigating the Failed PTP Rice Pledging Scheme and sorting the financial mess out.

2. Return of PTP/Thaksin Puppet Government continue trying to cover-up the Failures of the PTP Rice Pledging Scheme, continue the endless lies and continue persecution of anyone who exposes the failings of the scheme and the lies the PTP have told.

The PTP lies are matter of public record and the record is getting longer.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with only one point you made if you repeat a falsehood often enough you would come to believe it.

Rice has been piling up since the 9 december 2013, when the government could no longer sell it, after the Ammart instigated run on the banks, on protesters doing every thing possible to prolong the farmers suffering.

But the EC is the only agency under the constitution that has the final ok on any loans to pay farmers had refused to do so thinking they had the upper hand and Yingluck would step down and no one in the new government would question their actions, Well it did not work out that way!.

When things look the darkest for Yingluck something always happens to make thing right again, Now greed of the Millers and Exporters will come to her rescue and the farmer will be brought back to the conclusion, that "if" Yingluck and the PTP did anything wrong it was done by trying to improve the condition of Thailand's rice farmers.

The cause for right will prevail!

Cheers

I agree with only one point you made if you repeat a falsehood often enough you would come to believe it.

Talking from experience?

November 2013, before the protests:

http://oryza.com/news/thailand-government-sells-200000-tons-rice-auction

The Thai government sold around 200,000 tons of the 452,000 tons of rice offered in an auction held on November 20, 2013, according to government sources. However, trade sources say 300,000 tons of rice was sold in the auction. Only four bidders participated in the auction and sale prices are expected to be below market prices. - See more at: http://oryza.com/news/thailand-government-sells-200000-tons-rice-auction#sthash.OhPtK35k.dpuf
The Thai government sold around 200,000 tons of the 452,000 tons of rice offered in an auction held on November 20, 2013, according to government sources. However, trade sources say 300,000 tons of rice was sold in the auction. Only four bidders participated in the auction and sale prices are expected to be below market prices. - See more at: http://oryza.com/news/thailand-government-sells-200000-tons-rice-auction#sthash.OhPtK35k.dpuf

The Thai government sold around 200,000 tons of the 452,000 tons of rice offered in an auction held on November 20, 2013, according to government sources. However, trade sources say 300,000 tons of rice was sold in the auction. Only four bidders participated in the auction and sale prices are expected to be below market prices.

The November 20, 2013 auction was the sixth by the government this year and 300,000 tons of comprised 100% second class Jasmine rice and A1- broken milled rice, and about 152,000 of 5% white rice. Trade sources say the 5% broken rice on offer was probably sold at around 20% below the current market price of around 13,000 baht (about $408) per ton.

In earlier tenders, the government has sold 293,000 tons of the 960,339 tons of rice on offer...

Now tell us again why the EC and the protests are to blame for the government being unable to sell the rice, even at bellow market prices.

Do you not realize what this thread is about, you always are trying to change the topic, to your own personal rant, which I could care less about.

The topic is the price of rice dropping to 8000- 8200 baht a ton, stay on topic and address why rice is selling at that price when there is no over supply or any drop in demand on the international market.

I stated that it was because the Thai millers and exporters are trying to manipulate the price to take advantage of the suffering of the rice farmers, to make a bigger profit for themselves a great big profit, buy it at $250 a ton and sell it for the market price for 5% broken white rice for $458. a ton!

Cheers

"there is no over supply or any drop in demand on the international market."

:rolleyes:

I guess everyone but you is dreaming about the up to 18 millon tons of rice in stockpile that the government is trying to sell under the market price.

As I said, repeating patently false statements does not make them true, only make you look dishonest.

The Rice Scheme collapsed, as expected, there's a glut in the market, the farmers will have to compete against the enormous stockpile the government is trying to sell at a huge loss, that's what is depressing the prices they are offered.

Finally this:

"buy it at $250 a ton and sell it for the market price for 5% broken white rice for $458. a ton!"

Shows you know nothing about what you are talking about, or you know and pretend not to; one is the price paid for paddy rice, the other for milled rice ready for export.

• Like 1