4-year old boy 'tasered' by kindergarten teacher in Thailand

webfact

This is the first time I have every read that Tasering someone causes fever. Although I do feel for the boy and her parents This is just another example of how Thais exaggerate the truth.

TASERING DOES NOT GIVE SOMEONE A TEMPERATURE cheesy.gif

Not if they're given a full course of antibiotics by the school nurse/cook/cleaner anyway.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree this guy should be put away for a long time although financial gain for the mother maybe should,nt be part of the deal,

Was this actually a taser or one of these things from a market stall which doubles a a flash light? if so i have held one onto my hand with the button pressed for a while with no real pain...although it made lots of noise and sparks..not sure taser is the correct word for one of those,

Either way it has no place in a kindergarten.

Edited by tingtongfarang

According to the woman, her son said he was electric-shocked with a hand Taser by one of the teaching staff in the centre.

She said she promptly contacted the centre, which is operated by Chiang Pin Subdistrict Administrative Organization, whose staff admitted to her that a teacher named Mr. Thammanoon Thumpon indeed injured the boy "as a prank" as he took a nap with other children.

"They said it was not a big deal, so I decided to press charge with the police," the woman said.

Medical examination at Udon Thani Hospital indicated that the electric-shock caused burned wounds and fever to the boy, police said.

Being as it was such a harmless amusing prank perhaps those folk who thought said harmless prank was a great wheeze might like to submit their bottoms for gentle bit of fun with a tazer gun.

Oh perhaps not, they might well suffer brain damage if that personal body area was tasered.

As an aside one must ask why should a taser gun be readily available within a child care centre?

Better they send him to prison where he can submit his bottom for a bit of fun, but not with a tazer and not gentle either.

Can you imagine the stir this would have caused in the USA. The teacher could very well have ended up dead at the hands of some very angry parents. At the very least he'd have been arrested the second the story came to light.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are many stories of teachers in Thailand routinely slapping, hitting or using implements to inflict pain.

Teachers routinley punishing children is a sign of poor teaching standards.

not to mention the knock-on effect of kids thinking this sadistic punishment is the norm,..... not suprised why thai youths are shooting and bombing each other !

The weapon used was a Stun Gun, not a rather sophisticated programmable electronic less lethal weapon.

The comment regarding Tasing and the child showing a fever as a result. A stun gun is a device of impact, physical visual and auditory. So I could reasonably expect that the child could be a state of shock.

If the device was a Taser I doubt this accident would of occurred as the safety would need to be off and in drive mode if a cartridge device. And if the device was not in drive mode, safety off there would only be two wounds on the child from the impact of the sharp barbs from firing and discharging the weapon.

The most basic models of genuine Tasers used to be around $400 USD and that is for consumer grades.

Assaulting a child multiple times with a rather brutal and painful stun gun just soulless. It is just unbelievable that he thought to bring it into a class of such young children let alone use it on one of them.

Insane.

"... whose staff admitted to her that a teacher named Mr. Thammanoon Thumpon indeed injured the boy "as a prank" as he took a nap with other children."

"Mr. Thammanoon told our correspondent he carried the device for self-defence purpose. He repeated his testimony, insisting that the boy accidentally fell onto the Taser."

So... which is it?

If the boy was asleep, as was said by the staff, how could he 'accidentally fall' on the taser?

I think a good tasering every day for a week (before sacking him) might just teach this idiot that it was not a good idea.

Jeez, no wonder the average IQ in Thailand is about 90 ...

• Like 1

His lucky day it was not my child......

You care more about the child's health and happiness than only going to Police like this mother when she did not get the money.

FF, the mother and father both work and the government day-care is supposed to be a safe place fot their child while they are at work. When the mother found the staff did not take the injuring of her child seriously (just a prank; no big deal) and the teacher makes up a lame story the the child fell on the taser (why was the taser out and the trigger pulled if the children were playing nearby and how did the child get six burns?), the mother, rightfully, felt the day-care would not be safe for her child and as there was no other place to safely keep her child, the police were needed to prod the authorities-that-be to replace staff with caring human beings who would not take injuring a child lightly. Sometime you have to light a fire under someone's ass to cause positive change. What should she have done; taken her child back to that dangerous environment and said nothing? You obviously have no children

• Like 1

According to the woman, her son said he was electric-shocked with a hand Taser by one of the teaching staff in the centre.

She said she promptly contacted the centre, which is operated by Chiang Pin Subdistrict Administrative Organization, whose staff admitted to her that a teacher named Mr. Thammanoon Thumpon indeed injured the boy "as a prank" as he took a nap with other children.

"They said it was not a big deal, so I decided to press charge with the police," the woman said.

Medical examination at Udon Thani Hospital indicated that the electric-shock caused burned wounds and fever to the boy, police said.

Being as it was such a harmless amusing prank perhaps those folk who thought said harmless prank was a great wheeze might like to submit their bottoms for gentle bit of fun with a tazer gun.

Oh perhaps not, they might well suffer brain damage if that personal body area was tasered.

As an aside one must ask why should a taser gun be readily available within a child care centre?

Better they send him to prison where he can submit his bottom for a bit of fun, but not with a tazer and not gentle either.

Can you imagine the stir this would have caused in the USA. The teacher could very well have ended up dead at the hands of some very angry parents. At the very least he'd have been arrested the second the story came to light.

OMG. In the USA? The teacher would be fired (civil) and thrown in jail (criminal) and lost his teacher's license (civil) and the school and teacher would both be sued for big money (civil.) The teacher would be a bankrupt inmate and the school would settle out of court for big money. I'm guessing $250,000. Could be more.

• Like 1

Wow.. Amazing this guy still has his job!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That word 'accountability' springs to mind again.

It appears that the kid may have been tasered more than once. How on earth he hasn't been lynched by the boys family yet I'll never know.

They are waiting for the money read the article.

Are you trying to justify this behavior. You're a sicko, also.

• Like 1

According to Ms. Naruemon, the teacher merely pulled out the device to threaten the children, but the kids later "pushed at each other" and caused the boy to come into contact with the Taser.

And the teacher accidently pressed the button? Sound like the kind of excuse a four year old would make up!

"Mr. Thammanoon Thumpon indeed injured the boy "as a prank" as he took a nap with other children...."

My question is.......how did they push each other if they were taking a nap??? The reporting is contradictory

The story is not contradictory. The staff told the truth that Mr. Thammanoon tasered the child as a prank. Mr. Thammanoon didn't know what the staff had said when he gave his side and that's when you get Mr. Thammanoon's lie; he couldn't very well admit he likes to taser small, sleeping children as a prank. Three times for this one child. They should have all the other children who had contact with Mr. Thammanoon examined; I wouldn't be surprised is he has done this many times and probably to make other staff laugh. If your like to abuse children, get a job where you are around lots of children all day.

The crappy little stun guns you can buy all over Thailand are not Tasers. Why do Thai journalists keep reporting this rubbish?

Taser is a brand name of stun gun. They are all stun guns. Sheesh!

p.s. let me apply one of those 'crappy little stun guns' to your ass and you are not a tiny little four year old.

Edited by rametindallas

"she reportedly found six small wounds - a pair of burned dots 2 centimeters apart"

I guess she never learnt how to add up dots, but if it came to money she would have true accountancy skills..

Never mind it was a just a prank and all good fun.

Back in a few minutes just gonna pop in to the garden and taze my neighbours son for a laugh, he's such a good sport, I can send it to 'you've been framed at least and get £250.

Where's the harm in that?

• Like 1

Punishment, in this case tasering, is not a good reinforcement technique. It leads to avoidance behavior (like not going to school) and does not lead to learning what the kid is there for (a subject, I would assume). Gets kid on "survival level" behavior. I taught emotionally disturbed inner city gang members for my career. Even if I were stupid enough to attempt to inflict some physical punishment on them it could never match what they were used to on the street. Why do these teachers do this? Because they can. Try that on some 18 year old that is bigger, fitter, and more used to fighting some time. Might doesn't make right, and kids grow up.

"Child Care Centre".....clap2.gif I thought only women worked in 'pre-school'...... oh ya, we're talking about Thai-men here....facepalm.gif

I have a can of bear-spray for self defense, if I laid some of that on him (as a prank,of course) ...well,if you know about this stuff...it's one hell of a smelly ordeal,in some ways worst than being tasered.

Jeez, no wonder the average IQ in Thailand is about 90 ...

....I read somewhere it was around 70..?? thats average..anyways its the 1% Elite-super brains that run everything,the rest is just fodder thumbsup.gif

Edited by HaleySabai

Wow.. Amazing this guy still has his job!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That word 'accountability' springs to mind again.

It appears that the kid may have been tasered more than once. How on earth he hasn't been lynched by the boys family yet I'll never know.

because the family are still hoping they will get a payoff compensation.