PCAD activist wanted for 'attempted murder' of redshirt

webfact

PCAD Activist Wanted For 'Attempted Murder' Of Redshirt
By Khaosod English

13942000771394200278l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The court has approved arrest warrant on a core leader of the anti-government movement for his alleged attempt to torture and murder a pro-government supporter.

The move came after a security guard of an autoparts company named Mr. Yuem Nilla was found with his feet and hands bound together in Bang Pakong River.

Mr. Yuem later said he was detained and tortured by a group of anti-government protest "guards" in Lumpini Park after they searched him and uncovered a membership card of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD).

According to Mr. Yuem, after several days of detention, the guards tied his feet and hands, and dumped him to die in Bang Pakong River in Chachoengsao province, just east of Bangkok, but a group of locals narrowly saved him from drowning.

Mr. Yuem identified Mr. Issara Somchai, a core leader of the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), as the man who ordered his torture and his subsequent execution.

Today, Chachoengsao Provincial Court has approved arrest warrants of Mr. Issara and 5 other "guards" under his command on 5 charges, including attempted premeditated murder, unlawful detention leading to grievous harms, and physical assaults.

Pol.Col. Kiattisak Srathong-On, a commander of police in Chachoengsao province, said the officers are working to identify Mr. Issara's accomplices by CCTV footage and other evidences to prosecute the suspects.

Meanwhile, Pol.Col. Sirikul Srisanga, spokeswoman of the Police Hospital, where Mr. Yuem is currently admitted, told our correspondent that the victim still needs to breath through tube in his lung, as the organ has been damaged in the alleged torture.

"He is occasionally exhausted, and he is hurt when he moves himself on the bed," Pol.Col. Sirikul said.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394200077&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-08

• Like 2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"He is occasionally exhausted, and he is hurt when he moves himself on the bed," Pol.Col. Sirikul said.

I hope he recovers swiftly, and has no serious long-term injuries that affect his ability to work and raise a family.

I also hope that all the genuinely guilty people involved in this barbaric and cowardly crime are caught, receive a fair trial and if found guilty are sent to the clink for a very long time. We don't want this sort of brutality anywhere on this planet, it is cruel beyond words and totally needless on every level.

• Like 2

All the yellow shirts supporters will be out in defence of the warm loving peaceful man and claim it can't possibly be true. It is a set up to discredit the warmth, compassion and peace Suthep and his thugs have been displaying. This redshirt tied himself up, gave himself a beating and then threw himself into the river to drown.

Both sides are as bad as each other, they are all Thais and the product of the same environment.

I've said it before, if what this fella said it's true, this act cannot be tolerated and those responsible should be fully prosecuted by the law.

If.

I think what he is saying is probably true, you don't end up like this shopping for a pair of shoes. His attackers didn't expect him to survive and now he has identified one of his attackers.

• Like 2

Until I see this PAD-Dem guy and his accomplices, under whatever diversionary group name they choose, in shackles behind bars, everything is just so much hot air.

And spare me this non-enforcement notion of "Acknowledging charges" when they catch up to this guy.

<<<< Off topic deflection comments removed from post >>>>

Double standards all over the place.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 2

All the yellow shirts supporters will be out in defence of the warm loving peaceful man and claim it can't possibly be true. It is a set up to discredit the warmth, compassion and peace Suthep and his thugs have been displaying. This redshirt tied himself up, gave himself a beating and then threw himself into the river to drown.

Both sides are as bad as each other, they are all Thais and the product of the same environment.

I've said it before, if what this fella said it's true, this act cannot be tolerated and those responsible should be fully prosecuted by the law.

If.

I think what he is saying is probably true, you don't end up like this shopping for a pair of shoes. His attackers didn't expect him to survive and now he has identified one of his attackers.

Let's see what the CCTV evidence brings. And if they can be identified, that they really get arrested !

so what is the general feeling about the Thai politics in TV - i actually find it hard to ascertain.....

Talking broad sweeping general generalities, is it

Against Shinanwatra Gov't but also against Suthep Anti Gov't yellow shirt protestor, but also against pro Gov't redshirts, and ambivalent to the opposition Abhisit (being somewhat more urbane, but not necessarily less corrupt?)

I still don't understand how his PDRC necklace stayed in such a pristine condition after the beating and dunking in the river, and why the hospital wouldn't have cut it off when they cut the rest of his clothes off. Also, why would the PDRC have even put it on him?

I hope the people that did this are caught and dealt with, and I wouldn't put it past the PDRC to have done it, but the whole story of an ex red shirt guard "relaxing" in Lumpini park where a major "yellow" shirt protest had been going on for weeks just doesn't sound right.

Sent from my phone ...

One of the victim’s visitors at the hospital probably tied the necklace on him for the photo.

so what is the general feeling about the Thai politics in TV - i actually find it hard to ascertain.....

Talking broad sweeping general generalities, is it

Against Shinanwatra Gov't but also against Suthep Anti Gov't yellow shirt protestor, but also against pro Gov't redshirts, and ambivalent to the opposition Abhisit (being somewhat more urbane, but not necessarily less corrupt?)

Against politicians in general is a healthy way of thinking. World should find a way to get rid of them all and trying to be one should be a crime. Same goes for religious leaders and others trying to grab an individuals freedom to decide him/herself.

Well, I'm not going to defend anyone on this one . . . if those responsible are indeed the ones named in the warrants, then they deserve all they will receive.

They won't "receive" anything.

Until I see this PAD-Dem guy and his accomplices, under whatever diversionary group name they choose, in shackles behind bars, everything is just so much hot air.

And spare me this non-enforcement notion of "Acknowledging charges" when they catch up to this guy.

For UDD/RS's under AV's unelected tenure as PM, it was jail in shackles. For all PAD-Dem's, including the airporters, it has been "Acknowledging charges" ad-infinitum and then nothing.

Double standards all over the place.

AV was unelected? Funny. From what I recall the vote was 235-198 in his favor on 15-12-2008.

The court's double standards are no longer accepted and that trick is too old. Thailand will move on, and the days of judicial and military coups are gone, and if attempted it will only trigger a dangerous uprising and split of the country. A peaceful political solution will only work if it benefits ALL Thais by a government not lead by the old elite.

Peace loving murderous thugs. Same grouping that seems to have repeatedly unexplained caches of lethal weapons.

And before the Pattaya Suthep Fan Club chips in - this report has appeared across a range of media.

SIR

Are u sure u didnt mean the Bangkok suthep fan club????

I am all for the protesters and what they want, not suthep and definitely not the yellows. As I have stated before, this is just a tad of a stretch to believe in the way he has claimed but whoever did it deserves the full force of the law. Originally it was just 3 guards but now it includes several others, seems that he just keeps adding to what he started and as yet no evidence to back it apart from his say so. Seems more of something money lenders/druggies do to a non payer, will be interesting to see what happens in the end when the truth eventually comes out.

I am all for the protesters and what they want, not suthep and definitely not the yellows. As I have stated before, this is just a tad of a stretch to believe in the way he has claimed but whoever did it deserves the full force of the law. Originally it was just 3 guards but now it includes several others, seems that he just keeps adding to what he started and as yet no evidence to back it apart from his say so. Seems more of something money lenders/druggies do to a non payer, will be interesting to see what happens in the end when the truth eventually comes out.

Just his word that it actually happened??? Let's not take into account the extensive injuries or that he was pulled from the water bound hand and foot and he actually saw his attackers. All circumstantial evidence I guess and it is just his word against Sutheps mob.

I guess a more plausible story would be that this lone man attacked a mob of Suthep supporters who feared for their lives and they acted in self defence.

• Like 2

Just his word that it actually happened??? Let's not take into account the extensive injuries or that he was pulled from the water bound hand and foot and he actually saw his attackers. All circumstantial evidence I guess and it is just his word against Sutheps mob.

I guess a more plausible story would be that this lone man attacked a mob of Suthep supporters who feared for their lives and they acted in self defence.

suggest you learn to read a full post and not just some of it. This sort of thing is more inline with what criminals(money lenders, drug dealers, corrupt police) do rather than security guards but as this doesnt fit your leanings you ignore it totally.

• Like 2

You would like that wouldn't you?

If this guy has done that, then he should be charged and sentenced accordingly, just as any person involved in violence, intimidation, Arson, sedition, treason and corruption should.

Amazing that The BIB still haven't arrested anyone for the Trat shootings.