Loei bus crash: 30 injured in school trip

webfact

the tragically sad thing is that thai people accept these seemingly weekly and often fatal school and passenger bus crashes as something normal and no one does anything to prevent the crashes and unnecessary deaths and injuries continuing.

Thai people don't die,they transition to the next life...chat na....that is why there is little done about the carnage on the roads.

What visa do I need?

.....the next one up from a retirement visa?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its obvious that the bus drivers do not know that

you must use your gears to slow down going down a hill

and not your brakes,brakes will be too hot when you really

need them,like this accident on a bend.

regards Worgordie

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now all the farang experts will chime in and talk about how bad the Thai bus drivers are, again, just for something different.

nah, this type of incident isn't even news worthy any more. As sure as the sun rises in the morning there will be more bus crashes. Most wouldn't even bother reading such stories .

What is newsworthy in Thailand is that the driver didn't flee the scene and leave the injured to fend for themselves.

Only because he was injured.

Now all the farang experts will chime in and talk about how bad the Thai bus drivers are, again, just for something different.

Well if you think otherwise you certainly have a misguided problem. Statistics show this to be the case. Simply admit the road toll in Thailand is an absolute disgrace and the Government and Police need to be accountable. If you cannot understand that; then your posts reveal your extremely low intelligence level.

I was overtaken by a bus from the international school that my kids attend (on the inside) and the bus then overtook everything in sight and disappeared into the distance. I contacted the school and the farang in charge of the buses told me that while undertaking is not common in western countries, it happens in Thailand (great excuse for unsafe driving practices) and he didn't touch on the fact that the guy was speeding, but did say they were reviewing driving practices. If I see one of their buses driving dangerously again, I will take my 2 kids out of the school and myself and my wife will tell all the kid's parents why we did it.

The school like the Government are not prepared to be accountable. I taught in Private schools for many years in the Western World. Its a shame that Private schools in Thailand do not follow the same principles and care. I sincerely hope you do threaten to remove your children. Bet you get a much better thought out response then.

Well if you think otherwise you certainly have a misguided problem. Statistics show this to be the case. Simply admit the road toll in Thailand is an absolute disgrace and the Government and Police need to be accountable. If you cannot understand that; then your posts reveal your extremely low intelligence level.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding my point which indicates something about your intelligence level.

I was helping a friend launch his boat on a Jomtien Beach ramp not long ago. Early morning: Next to the ramp were parked about 6 large buses, drivers and attendants sitting on the seawall having some food for breakfast and we counted 5 large beer bottles. Music was blaring and party-time early morning. We did not believe our eyes. All possible due to ZERO law-enforcement and an attitude of NO-RESPECT and NO EDUCATION. MS>

What dreadful offences do you consider they were committing that were so serious that you could not believe your eyes and required law enforcement? Sitting on a wall, eating breakfast, playing music? All heinous crimes.

What was the significance of your counting 5 beer bottles? Were the bus crews drinking the contents? Presumably you are suggesting that they were drinking all that beer, so that would be the drivers and attendants of 6 buses, 12 people, bingeing on 5 bottles of beer. Almost half a pint each. Shocking stuff.

Perhaps you and your friend deserved more attention from the authorities for the potential danger and pollution caused by his boat to the beach-goers and swimmers, and the environment.

And your response to these unnecessary injuries is only to swipe at what others may say?

Just askin'.

regards Worgordie

What has changing down on a hill have to do with an accident on a bend?

Perhaps you are misunderstanding my point which indicates something about your intelligence level.

Quite possibly I am also missing your point. Please clarify.

"...your posts reveal your extremely low intelligence level."

As do yours as the point of his remark went right over your head.

• Like 1

Causes of the accident - old and poorly maintained bus, uneducated and undisciplined driver, and over the weight capacity of the vehicle.

Added to the above factors, driving at speeds not suited to the terrain and weather conditions, and wrong gear selections to control the vehicle and just relying on brakes.

Thailand does not teach defensive driving?

nah, this type of incident isn't even news worthy any more. As sure as the sun rises in the morning there will be more bus crashes. Most wouldn't even bother reading such stories .

It is newsworthy. This time the bus driver didn't flee the scene.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

This counrty is the pits of the earth, an absoltue joke place.

I'm embarrassed to live in this death trap.

I have 2 young children here, what are the chances they will both see adulthood?

Hell hole of a country. And no apologies if that offends some of the apologists on here.

You're right. The monotonous regularity with which such things happen is in no way correlated to the standard of driving.

blink.png

"...your posts reveal your extremely low intelligence level."

As do yours as the point of his remark went right over your head.

Thats just it MMarlow and then when the next bus prang happens tonight, tomorrow,or whenever, we can do it all over again.

Different accident, same comments from the same people.

Amazing Thailand. Always the same stories and comments. It's so easy: How's it possible to get your driving license in 4 hours in this lovely country????????????? They (government) don't care. MONEY MONEY and again MONEY. We know all the most can't drive, and they not give a shit.

25 years old and drives a big bus!!!!!!!!! And they are a member of the Asian 2015? I'm sure all the other members Asian laugh about this country, and they still believe : WE'RE THE BEST AND WE'RE SO PROUD. ABOUT WHAT?????????

This story again? From now on stop reporting this same news daily and we will all assume that there is a mass fatal bus accident somewhere every day and the people who died in it don't matter and are irrelevant, because that's exactly how much of a toss this country gives about everyone who is killed in these totally preventable accidents.

Edited by KunMatt

regards Worgordie

Maybe lots to do with an accident on a bend. Wrong gear for downhill means to need to use a lot of braking and when the brakes are really needed, ie, a sharp bend, they are probably overheated and ineffective. This is not and will never be brake failure it is straight-out driver failure.

Quote. .... when he lost control on a sharp downhill curve. unquote.

If you have never driven heavy vehicles and don't understand what correct driving technique's why comment.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

regards Worgordie

Well! let me explain. If you are going down hill with a bus and you do not change to a lower gear, the bus will increase speed causing the brakes to overheat, and then when you reach the bottom and there is the usual bend, you will probably be going too fast to negotiate the bend, thus crashing. Now then, is that clear and understandable or do you want me to draw pictures. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gifrolleyes.gifw00t.gif

regards Worgordie

Well! let me explain. If you are going down hill with a bus and you do not change to a lower gear, the bus will increase speed causing the brakes to overheat, and then when you reach the bottom and there is the usual bend, you will probably be going too fast to negotiate the bend, thus crashing. Now then, is that clear and understandable or do you want me to draw pictures. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gifrolleyes.gifw00t.gif

Well, actually change to the correct lower gear, comes with experience.

About 5 months ago a bus speeding through a village north of Korat hit a motorbike with 3 children on it. The oldest of a family of 6 (4 children + parents) being 13 years used the motorbike every day to bring her brothers (7 & 2) to school. She didn't pay attention when crossing the road and 3 died on the spot. Even for Thai Buddhists this was too much. From the whole area people came mourning and pay respect to the parents who were only left with a 1 year old.

I knew this family very well and now after months I asked my friend living in the village how the parents are doing. Depression? Still on the job?

She replied that they were doing excellent. The bus company paid them first 50.000 Thb. per child as compensation but later decided to give some more. The parents bought a new motorbike, financed a newer Isuzu and purchased more furniture for the house. The mother still works in the garment factory and the father sells fish, vegetables and sweets early morning on his bike with a bright smile.