Ipad passed to me, can I use ?

drx13

I have been offered an Ipad, I think about 3 years old. Hardly used. On BBC recently there is an issue between Apple and a guy who was willed (among other things) his deceased mothers Ipad. He has sent them her death cerrtificate and other info they requested, but Apple will not help as he does not know the password.

The present owner knows his PW, but are there any other issues in being able to transfer the Ipad to me please?

I have never used an Ipad b4, but see the thread in General Topics "Too Old to learn..etc", and I want to get "Daisy the Dragon" to play.

Also I have been asked to make an offer..Ballpark please ?

The iPad can easily be reset to factory spec, meaning all memory will be wiped and all contents erased. You can then set it up as a new user.

If you were hoping to keep all the installed software, downloaded media (ebooks, movies, music), etc, that's a completely separate issue as that content is associated with a User Account tied to that users payment system.

Just the iPad itself, like an iPhone, can be wiped and physically transferred to another person without having to do anything through apple and is done all the time through the likes of ebay.

• Like 1

On BBC recently there is an issue between Apple and a guy who was willed (among other things) his deceased mothers Ipad.

Not the same issue as someone selling you an iPad that's restored to factory settings.

When the guy's mother died, he didn't know her username and password. As you would expect he couldn't unlock it, and quite right too. Otherwise, what's the point of security.

• Like 1