My all out fight against a thick layer of under skin fat all over

onlycw

The website stinks - couldn't post.

Here's the result of 1 week of low carb, low calorie dieting

Q: Do you lose weight first, then start training?

Or do exercise simultaneously?

I've found boiled eggs to be a great snack!

post-74315-0-71791800-1394245384_thumb.j

post-74315-0-71530500-1394245412_thumb.j

To reduce loose skin issues, aim for slower weight loss over a long period of time.

For those losing a lot of weight, the skin takes about two years to fully adjust, and in many cases will not ever fully adjust.

Then it is a matter of whether to consider surgery, and such surgery is not trivial.

Going on radically low calorie "crash diets" is known to be a recipe for failure. The body thinks you're starving and sets you up for almost certain failure and rebound.

As far as no carb or radically low carb diets, how many people seriously think that style of eating will be healthy and sustainable for life?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

To reduce loose skin issues, aim for slower weight loss over a long period of time.

For those losing a lot of weight, the skin takes about two years to fully adjust, and in many cases will not ever fully adjust.

Then it is a matter of whether to consider surgery, and such surgery is not trivial.

Going on radically low calorie "crash diets" is known to be a recipe for failure. The body thinks you're starving and sets you up for almost certain failure and rebound.

As far as no carb or radically low carb diets, how many people seriously think that style of eating will be healthy and sustainable for life?

Good points, Jingthing. It won't be healthy or sustainable.

Muscle gain leads to energy being better used - that's my ultimate goal.

Good points, Jingthing. It won't be healthy or sustainable.

Muscle gain leads to energy being better used - that's my ultimate goal.

Down more than 20 kg (maybe 24?) with an almost no carb diet. Now exercise and eat carbs, gained some kg muscle and actually got a bit a bit more lean even with carbs. But no quick fat rebound so I don't know why it shouldn't be sustainable.

Isn't it for the skin the same, if you reduce the weight radical, lets say in 6 Month and it needs 2 years to adjust or if you loose the weight over 2 years?

Skin must do the same.......

Seems to be individual...some loose a lot weight and the skin just "shrinks" and some have too much skin even they didn't loose much weight.

I can't answer that question. Skin is very individual. My opinion (and you can read the same many places) is that you're better off with slower weight loss if loose skin is a concern. You're right that in some cases it's going to be a problem no matter what. Those would be people losing massive amounts of weight, like 100 pounds plus, older age, and certain skin types. Genetics is also a factor. I do know many people who lose massive amounts of weight feel that they looked better fat if they end up with severely loose skin. Unfortunately, the surgery to fix this is SERIOUS and expensive. Another reason that PREVENTION of obesity is so important.

This isn't a trivial problem for the people it concerns. If you work very hard (even got surgery) to lose large amounts of weight and then looking at the results you feel (often correctly so) that you look more physically disgusting than you did before you lost the weight, well, that would influence many people to give up.

Edited by Jingthing

I can't answer that question. Skin is very individual. My opinion (and you can read the same many places) is that you're better off with slower weight loss if loose skin is a concern. You're right that in some cases it's going to be a problem no matter what. Those would be people losing massive amounts of weight, like 100 pounds plus, older age, and certain skin types. Genetics is also a factor. I do know many people who lose massive amounts of weight feel that they looked better fat if they end up with severely loose skin. Unfortunately, the surgery to fix this is SERIOUS and expensive. Another reason that PREVENTION of obesity is so important.

This isn't a trivial problem for the people it concerns. If you work very hard (even got surgery) to lose large amounts of weight and then looking at the results you feel (often correctly so) that you look more physically disgusting than you did before you lost the weight, well, that would influence many people to give up.

Never thought that this could be such a big problem......

I'm kind of surprised you don't know about this.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/excess_skin_removal_after_extreme_weight_loss/article_em.htm

Again, it is associated with people losing LARGE amounts of weight, QUICKLY, and being OLDER makes it worse.

I doubt it is usually a serious problem for people losing say 30 pounds, though of course it's unlikely they will look as firm as people who never had the extra weight.

This picture NOT posted to provide sexual titillation except for people with a very rare fetish:

post-37101-0-02005000-1394356284_thumb.j

The moral of this story is if you are not super big yet, better get serious now before getting to a point of permanent damage.

Edited by Jingthing

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/excess_skin_removal_after_extreme_weight_loss/article_em.htm

Again, it is associated with people losing LARGE amounts of weight, QUICKLY, and being OLDER makes it worse.

I doubt it is usually a serious problem for people losing say 30 pounds, though of course it's unlikely they will look as firm as people who never had the extra weight.

This picture NOT posted to provide sexual titillation except for people with a very rare fetish:

attachicon.gif2010-07-27-15-34-17-7-david-had-excess-skin-because-of-weight-loss.jpeg

The moral of this story is if you are not super big yet, better get serious now before getting to a point of permanent damage.

Well I knew about it, read about it, but never spent a thought on it.....

Scary picture.....

attachicon.gif2010-07-27-15-34-17-7-david-had-excess-skin-because-of-weight-loss.jpeg

Scary picture.....

Well, I don't know how much weight you have lost or hope to lose so depending on that there may be no need for you to have considered it. Like I said, it's an issue with losing A LOT of weight. Of course defining A LOT isn't a precise thing. In my case, I started big enough for this to be a concern and so far it seems that cosmetically I won't be wanting surgery though I am clear I will never be a Men's Fitness magazine model either. Whether I helped myself with the quite slow rate of loss I can't know.

Scary picture.....

Well, I don't know how much weight you have lost or hope to lose so depending on that there may be no need for you to have considered it. Like I said, it's an issue with losing A LOT of weight. Of course defining A LOT isn't a precise thing. In my case, I started big enough for this to be a concern and so far it seems that cosmetically I won't be wanting surgery though I am clear I will never be a Men's Fitness magazine model either. Whether I helped myself with the quite slow rate of loss I can't know.

I lost more than 20 kg...say 24 (I stopped to weight myself when I was above 80 kg (I remember 82), and I gained much more in the 2-3 years I didn't weight myself, so lets estimate 86). And I diet it down to 62 kg very fast, sometimes just 4-5 eggs per day and some salad + exercise. So extreme fast on the beginning.

While most of it was on the belly it wasn't that much in total to get any skin problems.....

I'm not surprised. That's not a massive amount.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No it is not, I also didn't worry for myself.....

I am actually happy I did it....while I wasn't really fat yet...another year another 3 kg....another year another 3 kg...More heavy more lazy on moving and add another kg....

A slippery way from a big overweight, to fat, to extreme fat.....

Well, I'm going to add Psyllis Husk and Spirulina to my diet. ** ordered whey protein in Europe. Man, what an incredible difference in prices! >81% protein, not the usual awful junk labelled as "100% Whey Protein" - but then, only 31% of it in the container, huh? whistling.gif

http://www.sixpackfactory.com/m/extreme-fat-loss-cardio-workout/

Q: Does anyone know where I could buy such protein powder? 500 gr are about 300 B but a 20 kg parcel would cost about 3,500 B shipping.

Well, I'm going to add Psyllis Husk and Spirulina to my diet. ** ordered whey protein in Europe. Man, what an incredible difference in prices! >81% protein, not the usual awful junk labelled as "100% Whey Protein" - but then, only 31% of it in the container, huh? whistling.gif

http://www.sixpackfactory.com/m/extreme-fat-loss-cardio-workout/

Q: Does anyone know where I could buy such protein powder? 500 gr are about 300 B but a 20 kg parcel would cost about 3,500 B shipping.

phuket health shop....google it....I order there....price is good (for Thailand)

Up to date scientific work on weight loss among the obese advises low carbohydrate (and low sugar) diets. This is because of the ability of the human body to efficiently convert carbs to fat.

There has also been some discussion about the addictive quality of carbs or of certain carbs - the more carbs you eat, the more you want. This has not been scientifically established, however.

Until relatively recently, the view was that if you ate low fat diet, you could lose weight. Now it appears that low fat food versions contain higher levels of carbs and sugars and in fact contribute to putting on weight.

No one should try to eat a zero carbohydrate diet, at least not for any length of time, especially if they have certain medical conditions. But a diet with only a small amount of slow-release carbs is good. For instance, there would be nothing wrong with a diet with a small amount of unsweetened muesli in the morning and no other high carb food for the rest of the day.

If you think about carbs, humans evolved at a time when carbs would not have been as available as they became later. The hunter-gatherer would have eaten meat, fruit, greens, herbs etc but would not have had access to rice and other high-carb foods until the agricultural revolution (when people stopped wandering and began to till the soil for the production of food). Some researchers say that while tooth decay existed before the agricultural revolution, it became a real problem afterwards because of the prevalence of farmed carbs (which stick to the teeth and are broken down into their constituent sugars which in turn become acidic and cause tooth decay).

I thought I'd add a quick note. Low carb works. I have lost 25-28 lbs maybe 13-14 kilos in about 3 months. And it is staying off. The trick is to learn and change your eating habits. Not to just diet. Cals count as does the proper vits and minerals. I just switched a few things around and started reading the info on what I was eating. I should work out more, but there is no room right now. If I really crave something, I eat it. But not a lot. I gave up milk and put cream in my coffee. Butter is ok, but not bread. No more granola, but lots of meat, cheese, eggs and salads. Also veggies with dinner, no potatoes, no rice, no pasta and I can eat a bad desert if I really want a treat. Give up beer or cut way back, drink all the wine, saki or hard liqueur you want. Just not that often. I make non sugar brownies if I want a candy bar. The skin does tighten up over time. But I'm 64 and doomed anyway. The trick is consistency. The body learns to crave what it eats. After time, you are revolted by the bad stuff. And I should add that I am not a nut about this. I just decided that I did not want to be another fat bastard visiting Thailand. You naturally gain 1-2 lbs or 1 kilo a year. Our bodies are not used to getting all of the food we eat.

• Like 2

I have concerns about overdoing meat, especially RED meat for more reasons than only weight control. There are general health concerns as well. There are plenty of studies linking eating lots of red meat to diseases. We are NOT living in caveman times so forget about that. Our meat is not caveman style, it's filled with weird modern stuff and cavemen I reckon did NOT have a large portion of meat to eat at every meal or every day. I am very much convinced that carbs are a problem for weight control but you've got to eat something and I don't think that something should be what radical no carb "diets" push as far as LONG TERM health is concerned.

As far as loose skin, no not everyone's skin will ever adjust to major weight loss and for some people the resulting cosmetic appearance can be devastatingly bad. This is very individual and of course mostly is a concern for people who have lost A LOT of weight.

Edited by Jingthing

No one should try to eat a zero carbohydrate diet, at least not for any length of time, especially if they have certain medical conditions.

In fact nobody advocates any zero carb diet for any period of time. I used to think assertions that "low carb = zero carb" arose from mere ignorance here on our forum of experts. However, that misconception has been corrected several times already.

Nor is a low carb diet "radical," but traditional until the mid-1960s.

So, in absence of facts, our simple-minded, superannuated starve-and-sweat brigade resort to repeating a lie over and over--the "zero carb" lie--to justify what is merely an irrational dislike of the low carb diet. Sad, isn't it? I don't understand the desperation behind the need to lie. But there you are.

Newbies should avoid being misled by these repeated lies and investigate low carb diets for themselves. Go read the latest authoritative mainstream book on the diet, New Atkins For A New You, so you know what it is and can speak the truth about it.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

No one should try to eat a zero carbohydrate diet, at least not for any length of time, especially if they have certain medical conditions.

In fact nobody advocates any zero carb diet for any period of time. I used to think assertions that "low carb = zero carb" arose from mere ignorance here on our forum of experts. However, that misconception has been corrected several times already.

Nor is a low carb diet "radical," but traditional until the mid-1960s.

So, in absence of facts, our simple-minded, superannuated starve-and-sweat brigade resort to repeating a lie over and over--the "zero carb" lie--to justify what is merely an irrational dislike of the low carb diet. Sad, isn't it? I don't understand the desperation behind the need to lie. But there you are.

Newbies should avoid being misled by these repeated lies and investigate low carb diets for themselves. Go read the latest authoritative mainstream book on the diet, New Atkins For A New You, so you know what it is and can speak the truth about it.

Well real zero isn't possible outside a lab.....but almost zero (just as low as possible, with some tomatoes, a carrots that have some carbs) isn't a problem at all for say 3 month.

Zero carb wouldn't be a problem, it is more the lot of meat that you eat that may causes problems....

A good method to get rid of 20-30 or more kg in one fast step without being hungry....before than switching to a slower way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found "Iso 93" 5 lbs for 2,850 Baht shipped at www.musclefoodshop.com while Ultimate Nutrition's own outlet charges 2,999 B (I think). Some other store was @ 3,799 or something. It sure pays to shop around.

This morning, I have a craving for cheese on crackers (both in the refrigerator). And not going to the gym for days lets me feel how the flab spreads on my buttocks, I'm serious. sad.png

Questions:

is there a low calorie alternative to skimmed milk for such protein drinks?

Am gonna try that protein and buy a month's membership at the condo gym - it sucks big time.

How are you all doing on your way to a slimmer body?

There was a time that i just took my protein powder with water, now i take it in the morning with kefir.

But really protein powders are not really the solution to loosing weight. Eating healthier and a bit less plus exercising is. Its a slow process in most cases.

There are just a few things that really work none are really healthy.