K-Bank Term Deposits, Amnat Charoen Immigration District

There are at least two threads running, indicating that some Immigration Offices are refusing to accept K-Bank Fixed Term Deposits for the " B 800,000 Money In the Bank" method of obtaining/renewing a Retirement Visa. I presently have these deposits, and have been expecting to be able to use them for my next renewal, next September. I am interested in actual reports from people who have tried to use this type of deposit, with this bank, in this Immigration District. I am not interested in a recitation of the law; the law doesn't matter if the bank won't co-operate in writing the necessary letter, or the Immigration Office will not accept these deposits.

Since you have had no replies from anybody that has done an extension at Amnat I will give a little advise.

It is not just K-bank fixed term accounts that they have a problem at with any immigration office is is the type of fixed term account you might have. It must be the type that allows you to make a withdrawal at any any time during the term with no penalty other than loss of interest.

The only way you can get confirmation that immigration in Amnat will accept your account is to go there and ask.

The reported problems with K-bank was getting an update of the book on the date the application is done. There was a posted solution to the problem that a teller can do. It was to do a zero baht transfer that would force an update.

I had the same issue with Krungsri fixed, Immigration accept book dated 22th and letter dated 25th, but asking to update book at date of pick-up extension (now I under consideration). The stamp in Passport says I need contact Immigration again on 27th this month, and monthly update is 22th. Can I go Immigration on 22th, or must to go strictly on 27th, and ask bank staff to do zero transfer? Thanks for advice

Edited by MeowBundit

How do you make a zero Baht transfer?

Sent from my I-405 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you have a 25-satang coin in your loose change, maybe by paying this into your account. Rounded to the nearest whole baht it is, or course, zero biggrin.png

You don't do ti yourself. It is a way that an update can be forced by a teller at K-bank for a fixed term account.

You don't do ti yourself. It is a way that an update can be forced by a teller at K-bank for a fixed term account.

OK, you mean B/F. Certainly not a "zero Baht transfer".

It's not really a zero Baht transfer (transfer implies that two accounts are involved), but rather a zero Baht deposit.

Sophon

Now that makes a lot more sense!

I think OJAS got it right - almost. I tried to put the salueng into the ATM, wouldn't take it.