Train-track roads derailed by heavy traffic

Rimmer

Train-track roads derailed by heavy traffic

n4Chaos-3.jpg

PATTAYA:--The idea that Pattaya’s railway roads are quick routes across the city has left the station.

Once just dusty roads on each side of the rail tracks in East Pattaya, the streets now are full of traffic lights, cars, motorbikes and heavy commercial trucks. Never mind that signs clearly state heavy vehicles are prohibited. Neither drivers nor traffic police seem to care.

The traffic quagmire that has swamped the railway roads, and all adjoining sois, is just one more example of the traffic chaos that faces Pattaya. The infrastructure has not been able to keep up with the building boom and population explosion here in Pattaya, with people relocating here from all part of Thailand, looking to seek their fortun
- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/train-track-roads-derailed-by-heavy-traffic-35609#sthash.DoGrhE1n.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-03-08 footer_n.gif

Never mind that signs clearly state heavy vehicles are prohibited. Neither drivers nor traffic police seem to care.

Thais ignoring traffic rules and signs ? That would be a first.

\

I use those roads on a daily base, and they are much faster as Sukhumvit to go from one side of Pattaya to the other, main reason because the installed traffic lights aren't functional.

Of course that is until the me first morons start blocking the cross sections.

Never mind that signs clearly state heavy vehicles are prohibited. Neither drivers nor traffic police seem to care.

\

I use those roads on a daily base, and they are much faster as Sukhumvit to go from one side of Pattaya to the other, main reason because the installed traffic lights aren't functional.

The installed traffic lights do work and should be turned on 24/7. The police boxes at the intersections house the Police and the only time they come out is when there is an accident or nothing is moving in any direction.

Give it a go, turn the lights on and see what happens, it can't be any worse than what it is now.

If they do turn the lights on just hope that they don't follow the example of the new Jomtien second road lights

where priority is given to cross traffic ( east-west ) those going north-south get about 16 seconds of green light !!!

Then they wonder why people speed up dangerously or just jump the stupidly long red light.

Edited by johng

\

The installed traffic lights do work and should be turned on 24/7. The police boxes at the intersections house the Police and the only time they come out is when there is an accident or nothing is moving in any direction.

Give it a go, turn the lights on and see what happens, it can't be any worse than what it is now.

The lights should be turned back on and the police do their job and ensure that when they turn red the morons don't queue across the intersection.

The traffic is now that bad I have reverted to using suk road for my work commute as it is quicker.

\

The lights should be turned back on and the police do their job and ensure that when they turn red the morons don't queue across the intersection.

The traffic is now that bad I have reverted to using suk road for my work commute as it is quicker.

Are you guys out of your mind! On the few occasions when they tried using them, traffic backed up for kilometers in all directions. The only way traffic moves at all is when their off and we all play smerge at the intersections.

• Like 1

Are you guys out of your mind! On the few occasions when they tried using them, traffic backed up for kilometers in all directions. The only way traffic moves at all is when their off and we all play smerge at the intersections.

that is because they were not policed and the traffic queued across the intersection.

Edited by Spoonman

that is because they were not policed and the traffic queued across the intersection.

No it's because as with all traffic lights in Thailand, that they aren't synchronized.

There is a traffic light at both sides of the railway, and if they cycle at the same time or with not the appropriate difference, you can not avoid to have the cross section locked up.

By the way did you notice that in the past few weeks some days the cross sections, starting SSCC and Southwards, are policed, and traffic on those days is worse than when they aren't there.

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 2