Super-Heated Steam Oven

damole

Hi

I've seen these kind of ovens in demos before but today I saw one in Siam TV (Chiang Mai) along side something that looked like the base for chocolate brownies, a baking tray with chcoclotae sponge in it.

http://www.toshiba.com.hk/eng/products/detailproductWeb?productid=295#.UxrJRYWpRI0

Has anybody got any personal experience with one?

I don't have or use microwaves as a rule and already own a large Otto toaster oven which I haven't found reliable for baking, fine for toasting and grilling.

I'm from the UK and would like to make some scones occasionally as well as other baked goods.

--damole

Specifications look promissing. Really all in one. Really high temp 350C and proofing position >=30C. Hope it doesn't melt down.

Dunno what the price is. Do you?

The looks however are a bit cheap at first sight, but volume is not bad at all; 31 Ltr is about 50 x 30 x 20 cm

For 10,000 Baht a bargain maybe?

22,500 Bt so not cheap but if it really can make crusty pies and bread then I might be willing to make the investment. There are other models but this is the top of the line. The last ones I saw which were in Robinson were from Sharp.

Included in the 7 functions it says it is also an inverter, I guess great for making pineapple update cake . ;-) I like the idea of a fermentation mode because I make a lot of home made yoghurt and kefir.

Edited by damole

using an early generation built-in steam combination oven for 6 years. although features are far less than that today's Toshiba oven, it is a very versatile cooking utensil in the modern kitchen.

the steam functions are very useful, that you could control the moisture in cooking, baking and grilling. oh, grilling - my combi oven using hot air, so grilling and browning are not as good ( heating too even ). check if the Toshiba oven using heating element, that is better for grilling.

the Sharp steam oven was a very popular choice, but I guess it is only a steam oven. not sure if there was a new product induction.

Toshiba, Sharp, or else, steam oven or steam combination oven are highly recommended !

I dunno anything about Roasting, but i have one at home small one can heat up @ 250 c. I cook mini handmade pizza sometimes and just use as Microwave, I had compare that one its look similar with mine one.

I don't have any advise for this, but I will be glad to become a tester for your cookies :)