Terror probe over missing Malaysia Airlines jet

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that malaysian immigration should look how these two entered malaysia and check their landing cards if that card was not available, it means that they have been in transit only, its easy to know then how they went to malaysia, whether by road or plane or any other means

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

OK guys, terrorism or fatal technical problem BUT where is this aircraft ???

If it was dived to the shore could be found already the signal of emergency radio-marker.

If it was crashed to the water must to be many parts on the surface with kerosine.

If it was burst in the air also must to be many many parts in a huge place.

So, where is it?

RIP for passengers and crew they are dead already. Hope they got very quick die.

Seeing as 80% of all the posts on this thread are speculative, here is one for you.

Has anyone stopped to think about the possibility that these two people on the plane were Thais?

Southern insurgents attempting a 9/11 style hijacking with an attempted diversion of the plane possibly to BKK?

At the moment, everything and anything is a possibility.

Not saying that they would have flown into a building there, but could well want to hold the passengers and plane hostage on Thai soil to bring global attention to the southern problems and add pressure on the government when they are at their weakest ever time with no effective PM, and everyone knows that the Thai authorities would be far too inept to control the situation should a hijacked passenger aircraft be sat on the tarmac at Swampy airport.

A Malaysian/Chinese flight would be perfect because of the ties and pressure the Thai government would have put on them from respective countries.

This could explain the sudden change in direction, and obviously their plans went horribly wrong and were forced to detonate an explosive device and become martyrs instead.

It is just as plausible as any other suggestion based on the fact that none of us know anything yet, and if these two people actually turn out to be Thais from the south, then I predict this direction is what all the speculation is going to take.

How could Muslim Thais board with Italian and Austria passports ? In the passports there are the name of the parents too where you can see they are Europeans of European parents. How can a Thai look like a pure European ?

Besides, they are blonde with blue eyes.

Uighur can still look like Turks or South Mediterraneans , but Southern Thais.....

It is beyond doubt that

- the 239 passengers and crew are dead (the RIP squad can join in now);

- the foul play is at work with fake identities used;

- the relevant authorities prefer to keep their mouths shut.

Some serious questions one should wonder about are

- with existing radars systems, overhead 'spy' satellites and communication equipment how is it that 'nobody'

knows where and when and what has happened?

- with existing system of computerized checks at airport borders how on Earth two reported stolen passports had been

allowed to board?

- may it be that fully integrated and interconnected computers used by customs are as stupid as the yesterday's peasants

operating them?

It is not my intention to offend any security force in any country but compared to questions above

- not allowing any drinks to be brought on board;

- not allowing lighters to be taken on board;

- making every passenger to take off their shoes;

does seem to be excessive and ineffective measures designed more to scare and annoy people than to provide real security.

If it was dived to the shore could be found already the signal of emergency radio-marker.

If it was crashed to the water must to be many parts on the surface with kerosine.

So, where is it?

RIP for passengers and crew they are dead already. Hope they got very quick die.

Debris are scattered in a huge area. They have already found some of them.

Apparently, the plane blew off in the air.

For which reason ? A bomb or a mechanical problem ?

These will be the next answers.

It is beyond doubt that

- the 239 passengers and crew are dead (the RIP squad can join in now);

- the foul play is at work with fake identities used;

- the relevant authorities prefer to keep their mouths shut.

Some serious questions one should wonder about are

- with existing radars systems, overhead 'spy' satellites and communication equipment how is it that 'nobody'

knows where and when and what has happened?

- with existing system of computerized checks at airport borders how on Earth two reported stolen passports had been

allowed to board?

- may it be that fully integrated and interconnected computers used by customs are as stupid as the yesterday's peasants

operating them?

It is not my intention to offend any security force in any country but compared to questions above

- not allowing any drinks to be brought on board;

- not allowing lighters to be taken on board;

- making every passenger to take off their shoes;

does seem to be excessive and ineffective measures designed more to scare and annoy people than to provide real security.

no doubt there was a big degree of negligence here. But we are still waiting for the confirmation about the link between those stolen passports and a terrorist attack (hijacking, bomb ?). Still not confirmed. I have bad feelings about this story anyway, besides the tragedy of the people surely dead, there is something murky about this story.

The possibility of a new and as yet unheard of group of terrorists springs to mind, or even worse a lone terrorist who has shown no affiliation or made any inflammatory statements concerning his or her ideals or if it is a new splinter group they too have made no comments regarding their perceived targets and aims.

This situation described above is the most dangerous one as those engaged in combating terrorism have no target to aim at, no clues to go on.

As has been said China has more than its fair share of terrorist groups operating internally and now perhaps internationally against China.

The Chinese government has always been very tight lipped regarding terrorist activities aimed at China and its possessions and interests internally and internationally. Indeed China has many enemies among many ethnic, political and religious factions in this world, thus an attack on an airliner running on a shared code that may well denote it as a Chinese owned aircraft may well have made this ill fated Malaysia Airlines flight a wrong target.

Time alone might reveal the truth but somehow I think not, so many possibilities,so many vested interests business, politically and security wise to cloud and subsequently hide the truth from us.

So, where is it?

When/where did they find some debris ?

MISSING MAS
KL airport's security meets international standards: Official

Kuala Lumpur International Airport's security meets strict international standards, a Malaysian official said on Monday amid reports of security lapses at the airport.

Pressed for answers on how two men with Asian features could have boarded the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines MH370 with European passports, Department of Civil Aviation director general Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said he was waiting for a report by security investigators on this matter.

Malaysia’s Home Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi on Sunday said the two passengers who used stolen European passports were of Asian appearance, criticising border officials who let them through.

"I am still perturbed. Can’t these immigration officials think? Italian and Austrian but with Asian faces," he was quoted by state news agency Bernama as saying late on Sunday.

Azharuddin declined to comment on whether there is heightened security in Malaysia’s airport but maintained that security had been strict.

"We have a national civil aviation security programme we have to comply with. As DCA, we have done our audits on KLIA, following standards by transport security administration of the US and Australia," said Azharuddin.

On the possibility of a hijack, he said: "This is not discounted. We’re looking at every aspect of what could have happened to the aircraft."

Malaysia Airlines had removed all unaccompanied baggage on flight MH370 before it took off on Saturday morning, adhering to international aviation protocols, he said.

"Every check-in baggage has a tag on the boarding pass. This was done to make sure the correct bags were removed from the aircraft," he told a press conference as the search for the missing plane entered its third day.

He said reports that Vietnamese searchers found a part that looks like the inner part of an aircraft door have not been officially verified by the Vietnamese government.

He said the search teams had also dispatched sea craft to investigate debris spotted by air crews on Sunday.

"Parts that look like an airplane’s tail but when we dispatched craft to the area made known to us, it was logs tied together that look like pontoons," Azharuddin said.

He said searches were also still being carried out in the Strait of Malacca on the possibility of the aircraft making an air turn back after taking off from KLIA.

Oil samples from the South China Sea recovered by Malaysian Maritime Agency Agency were also being studied by the Chemistry Department, with no time given on when the analyses would be finished.

Search operations are still ongoing and currently involves 34 aircraft, 40 ships, and more than 100 men in operations that has passed 60 hours now.

Air search is being done from 7am to 7pm daily while sea-borne searches are conducted round the clock.

Flight MH370 to Beijng lost contact with Subang Air Traffic Control 50 minutes after departing KLIA at 12.41am on Saturday.

It was due to land in Beijing at 6.30am, and had enough fuel to fly till 8.30am. The plane did not issue a distress signal nor was there bad weather when it disappeared.

The flight was carrying a total number of 239 people - comprising 227 passengers (including 2 infants) and 12 crew members.

Passengers from 14 nations and Taiwan were on board, the majority being Chinese nationals and Malaysians. No Singaporean was on board. Flight MH370 was operated on a Boeing 777-200 aircraft, a codeshare with China Southern Airlines.

Malaysia said the search would go on round the clock until a decision is made to call it off. On Chinese family members wishing to come to Kuala Lumpur to be closer to investigations, MAS CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said up to five next of kin of each passenger will be flown in and put up in KL hotels.

The first of the families from China have already arrived in KL on Monday morning. Local Malaysian families are being housed in the Everly Hotel in Putrajaya, half an hour from KLIA.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-10

So, where is it?

There have been no confirmed debris found, yet.

If one goes back to Lockerbie debris was scatted over a very large area, also ATC saw multiple blips on their radar as the plane came down in pieces.

Even if the plane hit the water intact it would almost certainly have broken up on impact, every plane has a lot of items that will float.

Edited by Basil B

The only infallible way to prevent passport fraud is either though biometric security like a retina scan or finger print plus voice confirmation all or some combo of these but getting all governments to agree on this is..... too hard, too costly, not now etc etc let someone else start it etc etc

Thai government should actually do something about this culture of taking foreigners passport to rent a $500 motorbike its ridiculous. But we all know nothing will be done. In the 20 years of going to Thailand and renting MB's I have never lost my passport its best to sus out the person ask them if it will be locked up etc its all you can do. I wouldn't give anything to those ***** on beach road try other smaller places preferably if your guest house rents them out its better than someone on the street.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity edited out of post.

Thai government should actually do something about this culture of taking foreigners passport to rent a $500 motorbike its ridiculous. But we all know nothing will be done. In the 20 years of going to Thailand and renting MB's I have never lost my passport its best to sus out the person ask them if it will be locked up etc its all you can do. I wouldn't give anything to those cu*** on beach road try other smaller places preferably if your guest house rents them out its better than someone on the street.

nobody forces you to rent these bikes

when i go to pattaya i usually rent a ducatti

its a 400,000 thb bike and if i crash it i get the bill

if i KNOWINGLY enter such a deal i dont get to complain later

i could have walked around with passport in pocket but i CHOSE not to

the company have no comeback if if i crash that 400k bike into a 2 million thb car

and insurance pays 60% if even so all they can do is restrict my leaving thailand

by not having a passport until i honour my part of the deal and pay the bill if a crash happens

The police could be working with the car rental company and other individuals or companies in the area. The passports are stolen and a police report is made, of course the police do nothing significant. Both passports go into the hands of the police and are sold to the highest bidder, in this case the two on the flight. The police backed network then organise the doctoring of the passports and the purchase of the air tickets (mistake to use same travel agent) and the free overland passage of the imposters through to Malaysia using counterpart police contacts at the Malaysian border and possibly at immigration in KLIA. So the two imposters board the flight to China. In China there would be far more sophisticated ways to manufacture counterfeit passports. ID would be changed again and the criminals re-enter their countries of origin. I am supposing that these two are not terrorists, just wanted criminals in their respective countries. As for the disappearance of the plane, I am supposing this is not connected to the two criminals. All speculation of course.

Both passports go into the hands of the police and are sold to the highest bidder, in this case the two on the flight.clap2.gif

Its called "Delirium tremens" Too much alcohol have (unfortunately) definitely destroy your brain... smile.png

Not so, merely a speculative suggestion. However your incorrect grammar and spelling illustrates a dire case of "Plebius ingoramus".

• Like 1

It strikes me as absolutely incredible that the immigration officers who checked these 2 particular passports at KUL departures were apparently unable to determine for some reason or other that they were included in the Interpol database of lost or stolen travel documents

(http://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Databases) through swiping the data pages through their scanners, as seems to be the standard practice worldwide nowadays.

That said, every database is, of course, only as useful as the information fed into it. Had neither passport yet been entered into the Interpol database by immigration officials here in Thailand where they had been stolen, this strikes me as utterly inexcusable, particularly in the case of the passport stolen 18 months ago. Clearly immigration officials worldwide (and not just here in Thailand) may need to sharpen up their act to ensure that stolen passports are now recorded on the Interpol database with the absolute minimum delay.

AFAIK airline check-in staff don’t have access to scanners as used by immigration officers, so it would be all but impossible for them to determine on the basis of a cursory visual inspection whether or not a particular passport was stolen. However, I do believe there now to be a strong case for airline check-in staff also to be provided with these scanners, in order to reassure the travelling public on a belt-and-braces basis.

Finally, it has struck me for some time as highly ironic in the post 9/11 era that there are no longer any immigration passport checks at UK or USA airport departures, seemingly for purely economic reasons! Hopefully these days are now numbered following this tragic incident.

Well, if there does turn out to be a terrorist connection - or even if there doesn't - use of two passports reported as lost/stolen seven months and two years ago raises red flags, not only about the failure of security personnel and systems to connect the dots, but about the persistence of airport authorities, such as those in the US, in infringing personal liberties with the introduction of the likes of body scanners, whilst demonstrating incomparable incompetence - a similar incident has already occurred in the US - in addressing the most basic of security checks.

Recent post on pprune...

<<<

The possibility that the transponder was switched off deliberately has been raised. The only reason for doing this would be to conceal where the aircraft is going next.

Either the flight crew or others who overpowered them are the only two agents who could do this.

The commander of the flight has been widely reported to have a "flight simulator" at his home.

Might be interesting to see what scenarios he has been running recently...

>>>

many people is worrying now and wondering why two possible terrorists can be able to get in a plane with stolen passports

I just want to remain to everybody that the terrorists don´t need stolen passports to crash an airplane.

There are many young, blind, brainwashed, fanatic with clean delictive record, who are very proud for doing it and contribute this way to their cause.

There is no way to stop this kind of fanatism.

Otherwise I am not going to say that we must do nothing. We have to try it by other possible ways, more control it´s the only way.

Recent post on pprune...

<<<

The possibility that the transponder was switched off deliberately has been raised. The only reason for doing this would be to conceal where the aircraft is going next.

Either the flight crew or others who overpowered them are the only two agents who could do this.

>>>

doubtful that the transponder has an on/off switch so the pilot could hide where the plane is really at

or choose to conceal its location at will ,what airline would permit such a liability ?

• Like 1

Recent post on pprune...

<<<

>>>

doubtful that the transponder has an on/off switch so the pilot could hide where the plane is really at

or choose to conceal its location at will ,what airline would permit such a liability ?

I understand from discussions here and elsewhere that the transponders can be switched off (or at least depowered somehow)..

Is it just coincidence that this occurred almost exactly halfway between the two land based primary radar stations in Malaysia and Vietnam, where a relatively quick descent could take them out of line-of-sight coverage?

Recent post on pprune...

<<<

>>>

Weren't the 9/11 transponders turned off?

Could be a complete cover up! Maybe hijackers took control of the plane, turned round and headed back towards a city. Maybe it was blown out of the sky? All if buts and maybes... Feel really sorry for the relatives, the whole not knowing and clinging onto hope must be killing them.

Recent post on pprune...

<<<

>>>

if they were would that "feature " not be disabled by now ?

Recent post on pprune...

<<<

>>>

if they were would that "feature " not be disabled by now ?

Surely there MUST always be a way to de-power them...what if they start to smoke/fire? Need to ask the Q on the pp site.