Terror probe over missing Malaysia Airlines jet

webfact

I cannot beleive that a thai can organise a act of terrorism, its not in their blood, they are already busy with the political situation of their own country, for what other causes are they going to fight?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MALAYSIA AIRLINES
Still no sighting of ill-fated MH 370

KUALA LUMPUR: -- Malaysia Airlines on Monday said it is still unable to find its MH 370 flight which was missing since Saturday and it will attempt to provide families of the passengers with timely information, travel facilities, accommodation, medical an emotional support.

In its statement issued on Monday morning, the airlines said it has been more than 48 hours since it lost contact with the flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

"Despite not being able to establish any positive findings on the whereabouts of the aircraft, Malaysia Airlines has been actively cooperating with the search and rescue authorities coordinated by the Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia (DCA)."

DCA has confirmed that search and rescue teams from Australia, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines and the United States of America have joined the search.

The airlines will bear the expenses for the families of the passengers, the statement said, Malaysia Airlines’ primary focus at this point in time is to care for the families. This means providing them with timely information, travel facilities, accommodation, meals, medical and emotional support. Initial financial assistance has been given out to all families over and above their basic needs.

At least one caregiver is assigned to each family. These caregivers are well-trained staff and volunteers from Malaysia and other organisations.

As of now, there are more than 150 "Go Team" members consisting of senior management and caregivers at Beijing to attend to these families. In Kuala Lumpur, a different group of caregivers are attending to the families' needs.

Families from other nations apart from China have been arriving at Kuala Lumpur since early yesterday. More are expected to arrive today.

Malaysia Airlines is working closely with the government of China to expedite the issuance of passports for the families as well as with the immigration of Malaysia for their visas into Malaysia.

It reiterated that it will continue to be transparent in communicating with the general public via the media in all matters affecting MH370.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-10

How does a 777 just disappear in a crowded air-space like SE Asia? How does it just disappear in a relatively shallow body of water like the Gulf of Thailand?

If it exploded in the air because of the wing failure,then decompression, a bomb, etc...there'd be only pieces coming down.

And those pieces could be in the Gulf of Thailand, in Cambodia, or somewhere else.

I found it on the website of Bild.de, one of Europes biggest online news portal. I have no idea if this is true or not and will not speculate about it.

However, according to them this picture comes from Chinese online media (Photo: SCMP Pictures / http://photo.scmp.com/) South China Morning Post- they claim it shows debris on the surface of the ocean off the Vietnamese coast…

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

Edited by Lupatria

An explosion could well be the reason and explain why there have been no distress messages from the pilot and also why the beacon is not sending signals.

Time to check all pictures on the passports of the passengers and compare with the CCTV and see who not fit in.

Then publish the pictures in media and find out the name of the 2 ghosts.

After that I think we can have an idea if they are false immigrants or terrorists blink.png

The Malaysian Authorities are playing this down BIG TIME

Well the lawsuits that will come will be much more massive and a hit to national pride and tourism,

of there is obvious negligence involved. So play it down as much a possible; face and cash must be saved.

It will be insurers who pick up the tab for the majority of the costs possibly even loss of profit/ earnings.

Of far more interest to them will be recovering the airframe and establishing the cause of the loss.

All risks underwriters have to prove that it was a war and allied perils loss to establish which insurers pay.

As they are not necessarily the same insurers.

TBWG.

Edited by TBWG

A friend who's a pilot for Cathay Pacific Cargo, one pointed out what appeared to be an abandoned holdall to 3 security ladies at KUL. Their response was to carry with the conversation they were having.

Just read that 2 ONE-WAY tickets in the named of the stolen passports were issues by a travel agency in Pattaya.

Hmmm... if that's the case, it raises a lot of red flags for more than just the obvious reasons. If you're flying to China you either have to be transiting through or you need a visa. If you have a one way ticket, you can't get a tourist visa (although a return or onward flight could be booked through another airline). So, that begs the question, were there onward flights for these passengers? They would have had to show proof of another flight before they could board the plane in Malaysia. Or, did they have a Chinese visa? And if they did, how did they get visas with stolen passports?

Officials must know the answers to these questions....but we haven't heard a thing about it.

A friend who's a pilot for Cathay Pacific Cargo, one pointed out what appeared to be an abandoned holdall to 3 security ladies at KUL. Their response was to carry with the conversation they were having.

So he did what? Any pilot worth his salt would have gone nuts with them and asked to see their supervisor.

Do we have any Members in Pattaya?

Could you find this travel agency which sold 2 tickets to unlucky travelers/impostors?interview the agent,figure out passengers contacts,whereabouts,CCTV recordings from shopping mall cameras?

and.And then - tell us everything;free drinks for you till the end of the year!

Do we have any Members in Phuket?

Could you find moto rental shop which had stolen Italian tourist's passport last year?

I think,they stolen many passports in the same manner.I do not think,Thai police

will show any initiative in this direction.

• Like 1

Just read that 2 ONE-WAY tickets in the named of the stolen passports were issues by a travel agency in Pattaya.

yes it was on channel news asia yesterday - two consecutive ticket numbers also. So why have the Malaysian Authorities not yet published the photos of these passport holders yet??!!

Why has THAIVISA not yet zoned in on this news - like contact the travel agency or wherever the tickets were bought, in Pattaya - that is what any good news agency would do !!

being travel agency I suspect they were batched together not necessarily purchased together.

Hmmm... if that's the case, it raises a lot of red flags for more than just the obvious reasons. If you're flying to China you either have to be transiting through or you need a visa. If you have a one way ticket, you can't get a tourist visa (although a return or onward flight could be booked through another airline). So, that begs the question, were there onward flights for these passengers? They would have had to show proof of another flight before they could board the plane in Malaysia. Or, did they have a Chinese visa? And if they did, how did they get visas with stolen passports?

Officials must know the answers to these questions....but we haven't heard a thing about it.

The final destination was Frankfurt for one and Copenhagen for the other.

These are well known destinations for seeing asylum inside EC.

The two people who had false passports had onward flights from Beijing to Amsterdam and from there one would have gone on to Denmark and the other to Germany.

They would have been only "in transit" passengers in Beijing and thus wouldnot have required a visa for China.

Beijing was only transit for them , one was having a ticket to Denmark the other to Austria . It has been commented in the news this morning . So they were only transiting in China .

So he did what? Any pilot worth his salt would have gone nuts with them and asked to see their supervisor.

He wasn't talking about his own actions he was talking about their lack of reaction.

The police could be working with the car rental company and other individuals or companies in the area. The passports are stolen and a police report is made, of course the police do nothing significant. Both passports go into the hands of the police and are sold to the highest bidder, in this case the two on the flight. The police backed network then organise the doctoring of the passports and the purchase of the air tickets (mistake to use same travel agent) and the free overland passage of the imposters through to Malaysia using counterpart police contacts at the Malaysian border and possibly at immigration in KLIA. So the two imposters board the flight to China. In China there would be far more sophisticated ways to manufacture counterfeit passports. ID would be changed again and the criminals re-enter their countries of origin. I am supposing that these two are not terrorists, just wanted criminals in their respective countries. As for the disappearance of the plane, I am supposing this is not connected to the two criminals. All speculation of course.

Could you find this travel agency which sold 2 tickets to unlucky travelers/impostors?interview the agent,figure out passengers contacts,whereabouts,CCTV recordings from shopping mall cameras?

Could you find moto rental shop which had stolen Italian tourist's passport last year?

I think,they stolen many passports in the same manner.I do not think,Thai police

The report was in the SF Chronicle, reprinting reporting from the AP or Reuters. They reportedly contacted the travel agency in Pattaya who of course had no comment. I'm sure the Thai authorities are on top of this (or not...as there's an anti-democracy coup to attend to).

My guessing.....Not SOS calls means an instant situation, like a structural failure or a bomb, and an instant disintegration of the plane. At 35000' just very small pieces will reach land or ocean, and on a very big area. Only with very good luck the black box will be founded. If was a highjacking going bad, nobody will take the responsibility for the failure and dead of so many innocent people. This last one it is very possible, because 2 people, with false documentation, booking together at the same time, same place, to the same flight...it is too much coincidence, and was a reason behind that to be investigated.

The report was in the SF Chronicle, reprinting reporting from the AP or Reuters. They reportedly contacted the travel agency in Pattaya who of course had no comment. I'm sure the Thai authorities are on top of this (or not...as there's an anti-democracy coup to attend to).
I mean somebody more persistent and cunny,with local contacts and local knowhow

not american idiot reporter.They called travel agent and she told them,she was to busy to talk...

Edited by moonray

NBC (and I believe Reuters) were reporting that Interpol was reporting that an Austrian and an Italian passport used to board the flight were in the Interpol database as having been stolen in Thailand. I guess the two could have used different passports to leave Thailand, but wouldn't you want the Thai exit & Malaysian entry stamps in them in order to board a flight from KL?

Edited by hawker9000

Well driving from Bangkok to Phuket I always drive to Chang Mai first.wai2.gif

Why have those 2, with the stolen passports, taken a flight to Kopenhagen and Frankfurt doing Being and Amsterdamn? MAS flies non-stop from KL to Amsterdamn, Kopenhagen and Frankfurt. The cheapest options were flying from KL to Dubai or Abu Dabi and then direct to Kopenhagen or Frankfurt using SAS and/or Air Berlin. Check it out on the various cheap ticket websites.

And all these tickets were purchase in Pattaya?

There's something fishy with these trips whistling.gif

China Southern airways has been coming up as a low cost routing from BKK to LHR for a few weeks now, as I've been thinking about going back to UK sometime soon..... Admittedly, this routing was via Guangdong rather than PEK, so perhaps not as surprising as it might sound.

Edited by steve73

If they had such a plan in their head, they have never use the stolen passports to leave Thailand as they will fear to get caught if the passports are declared stolen and by also the fact that immigration would have asked for the departure card and look for their length of stay in Thailand.

The police could be working with the car rental company and other individuals or companies in the area. The passports are stolen and a police report is made, of course the police do nothing significant. Both passports go into the hands of the police and are sold to the highest bidder, in this case the two on the flight. The police backed network then organise the doctoring of the passports and the purchase of the air tickets (mistake to use same travel agent) and the free overland passage of the imposters through to Malaysia using counterpart police contacts at the Malaysian border and possibly at immigration in KLIA. So the two imposters board the flight to China. In China there would be far more sophisticated ways to manufacture counterfeit passports. ID would be changed again and the criminals re-enter their countries of origin. I am supposing that these two are not terrorists, just wanted criminals in their respective countries. As for the disappearance of the plane, I am supposing this is not connected to the two criminals. All speculation of course.

Both passports go into the hands of the police and are sold to the highest bidder, in this case the two on the flight.clap2.gif

Its called "Delirium tremens" Too much alcohol have (unfortunately) definitely destroy your brain... smile.png