Eyes on Senate as clock ticks down for PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The transparency intentional ranks the perception of corruption by business owners not the actual level of corruption. I am pretty sure the only business owners polled are the very wealthy businesses owners that can afford lawyers and high level contacts because i was never polled in the 12 years i owned a business here.

Before 2001 there was corruption in the form of having to pay a bribe to get the phone hooked up or electricity hooked up and to get government officials to do their job. When thaksin got into office this type of corruption decreased and has not come back to the same levels as far as I have seen. So in my eyes he did decrease the low level corruption by the low paid government workers.

However. When thaksin was in office (2001 - 2006) is when i had the highest number of visits from higher level government officials asking for payoffs. This type of corruption disappeared when the military was in charge. It came back at a low level when the dems took over and skyrocketes again when thaksins puppets got back in but not to the same level as it was from 2001 to 2006.

It has been reported that the corruption at the policy level was accepted to be 20% -30% prior to thaksin taking office and it jumped to 40% as the standard rate when he was in office. i imagine it is the same or higher with his puppets in power.

• Like 2

The ticking sound is a clock but the problem is, there is C4 attached. Only in the dreamms of the traditional Thai elites and some foreigners will the PTP and their supporters disappear, if and when they try their world famous court coup act. The result of such a coup may in the longer run be the permanent dismise of these elites. But the red shirts and PTP voters will not disappear, they will just become more angry and the country will just become more divided.

• Like 1

The ticking sound is a clock but the problem is, there is C4 attached. Only in the dreamms of the traditional Thai elites and some foreigners will the PTP and their supporters disappear, if and when they try their world famous court coup act. The result of such a coup may in the longer run be the permanent dismise of these elites. But the red shirts and PTP voters will not disappear, they will just become more angry and the country will just become more divided.

The guy in the desert will not go away easy and he is the one in control and the person to deal with, not YL. When and if YL goes the Shins assets in Thailand will become vulnerable. The Dubai Duke's only interest is $$$$$$$, IMO. This whole process of YL going is going to be a long and retracted process.

" There will never be a 95% seats filled Lower House as long as the Democrats boycott the elections. "

What!? Someone else will run in those constituencies that usually go democrat if the democrats boycott , there are at least 20 other smaller parties other than the PT and D. If Charlem is anti-thaksinish-that would just increase the chances of him being a PT PM as he would be seen as someone who could work better with the opposition, even if the democrats are not there, there are other arties on the outs with the PT.

The UDD does not come out in force because of 500baht a day but we know both PAD/PDRC and UDD pay people to attend the protests, alot of these people are poor, it doesn't mean the reds have no real support, they won the last election by a landslide for fuks sake.

AND PEOPLE DEMANDING DEMOCRACY most certainly do have international support, if there is another redshirt crises with the military poised to shoot them down again, the douchbag appointed PM will certainly be under alot of int. pressure to hold another election..Why do you think Abhist agreed to a new election almost 2 years before his *appointed* term expired? He had already cleared the streets by military force, he knew another redshirt rally was in the works for the next hot season (they had rallied in 2009 as well as 2010).

I like the way you try to sanitize military backed-court imposed dictatorship by labeling it 'constitutionally appointed PM' ..

The key-point here is the 'reform before election' crowd cannot prevent a new elected government from taking power for more than a couple months, and any such 'appointed' person is in-inherently another 'care-taker' PM, and will be forced to issue a new poll even if the previous one is nullified.

No-one is talking about nullifying the current constitution. If the rice corruption charge removes Yingluck then Charlem or some other PhuaThai MP will be the new PM, until one with full powers is elected and soon.

Any attempt to install a non PT 'appointedPM' for more than a month or so will bring about a massive red shirt backlash, the article seems to suggest that the 'army has checkpoints ringing bangkok' so there fore the red-shirts are helpless to rebel-this is absolute non-sense, the UDD can bring about 100,000s to take over bangkok anytime they want, any 'appointed' douchbag of a PM will be forced to abdicate to an elected parliament as soon as they start their uprising.. they will have international support, Abhist had 2 more years left in his 'appointed' PM capacity and was forced to call early elections.

The compromise position for the PAD/PDRC should be to end their protests as soon as Yingluck is forced to step-down in favor of another PT PM. but the protesters will have to accept a PT lead government for the next few years..

There will never be a 95% seats filled Lower House as long as the Democrats boycott the elections. (Did you notice how low the turnout was in Red districts?)

Chalerm will never be PM because Thaksin knows that Chalerm would not follow Thaksin if he ever gets the PMs chair.

If a new PM is appointed, and it is constitutional, and HM the King endorses it, the Army WILL enforce any rule of law the police fail to enforce.

The only way a 'massive' red-shirt backlash will happen is if Dr. Thaksin funds it the way he did in 2010 and he will have to pay much more this time as those people aren't stupid enough to be shot at again for Baht 500 a day.

'appointed' douchbag of a PM will be forced to abdicate'

No one has even been nominated, much less appointed and yet you are name calling already. Steady on.

'they will have international support'

Now you are just dreaming. Any country I might have heard of willing to support a red mob that would violently overthrow a constitutionally appointed PM?

Please wipe your mouth; you are beginning to froth.

Me: If a new PM is appointed, and it is constitutional, and HM the King endorses it

You: I like the way you try to sanitize military backed-court imposed dictatorship by labeling it 'constitutionally appointed PM' ..

Me: I like the way you misconstrue what I wrote biggrin.png

If -

-used to talk about the result or effect of something that may happen or be true

-used to discuss the imaginary result or effect of something that did not happen or that is or was not true

-used to say that something must happen before another thing can happen

BTW, you're still frothing.

Lotta early I told you so's starting already... if what this whole thing does what it intended to do from day one...a judicial coup,,, because of the inability to get a properly elected "new regime" in office..it will not in my opinion be a step forward at all... You can scream foul and corruption at the top of your lungs into the wind in pause only to scream reform reform reform...to what end... not gonna happen...all the hollow victories will be claimed here as well as outside TV and they will be that... hollow... the only things that will change are the names and faces... not the root of the problem... because nobody of any power or color or belief here are going to want to change... they way they got their power, their money... all of it... it is all they know...we have seen the new coy ones and the not so coy "up and coming" new faces and stepsons being groomed for the same-same for the future generations..using this mess as a springboard going forward... many faces old and new have been exposed for what they are... power grabbing oligarchs ... nothing new here... no reforms going to happen... the public here has a very short memory... an engrained very short memory... few remember days gone by when the "good people" were in power and what they actually did (or didn't) accomplish... there is no sense of learning from the past here.. so the mistakes made in the recent past will be repeated over and over again...I am not saying anything new here, but I have said it before,,, the future generations need to learn how to learn... they need to learn history as a basis of comparison for what works and what doesn't... they need to look in the mirror..personal integrity must become the first step if any real "reform is going to take place...other wise it will just become reform school... with a new headmaster...this coup making addiction be it judicial or military...when someone doesn't get their way has to become history..and enforced laws from people with a will to make the long term committment to change needs to take hold and have an impact ..this needs to be spearheaded by a completely different set of Thai Politic DNA strain..because until then the schoolyard bullies will continue to become the headmasters... so grab all your I told you so's and do your victory dances and slam whomever you feel you need to slam ... but it will be interesting to see 2 weeks from now...2 months from now 2 years from now.. the state of affairs... change...? reformed? not a <deleted>' chance....possibly/most probably new snouts at the trough..

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 1

Lotta early I told you so's starting already... if what this whole thing does what it intended to do from day one...a judicial coup,,, because of the inability to get a properly elected "new regime" in office..it will not in my opinion be a step forward at all... You can scream foul and corruption at the top of your lungs into the wind in pause only to scream reform reform reform...to what end... not gonna happen...all the hollow victories will be claimed here as well as outside TV and they will be that... hollow... the only things that will change are the names and faces... not the root of the problem... because nobody of any power or color or belief here are going to want to change... they way they got their power, their money... all of it... it is all they know...we have seen the new coy ones and the not so coy "up and coming" new faces and stepsons being groomed for the same-same for the future generations..using this mess as a springboard going forward... many faces old and new have been exposed for what they are... power grabbing oligarchs ... nothing new here... no reforms going to happen... the public here has a very short memory... an engrained very short memory... few remember days gone by when the "good people" were in power and what they actually did (or didn't) accomplish... there is no sense of learning from the past here.. so the mistakes made in the recent past will be repeated over and over again...I am not saying anything new here, but I have said it before,,, the future generations need to learn how to learn... they need to learn history as a basis of comparison for what works and what doesn't... they need to look in the mirror..personal integrity must become the first step if any real "reform is going to take place...other wise it will just become reform school... with a new headmaster...this coup making addiction be it judicial or military...when someone doesn't get their way has to become history..and enforced laws from people with a will to make the long term committment to change needs to take hold and have an impact ..this needs to be spearheaded by a completely different set of Thai Politic DNA strain..because until then the schoolyard bullies will continue to become the headmasters... so grab all your I told you so's and do your victory dances and slam whomever you feel you need to slam ... but it will be interesting to see 2 weeks from now...2 months from now 2 years from now.. the state of affairs... change...? reformed? not a <deleted>' chance....possibly/most probably new snouts at the trough..

There's a lot of truth in what you write. I won't agree but I can't disagree with most of what you write.

• Like 1

The Court won't rule that Yingluk violated the Constitution over the 30 day rule, because the Electoral Commission caused that.

Nobody will ban a PM over a transfer of a civil servant, silly noise claims.

The 'negligence' due to corruption claim doesn't work when you haven't got convictions for the corruption you claim.

This is more PDRC dreaming.

The idea that the court will go out on a line and create a power vacuum for this little faction to fill is pathetic.

Ummm... your "silly noise claims" were actions Yingluck took that were against the LAW. ie she broke the LAW and deserves to be convicted / suffer the consequences!

The key-point here is the 'reform before election' crowd cannot prevent a new elected government from taking power for more than a couple months, and any such 'appointed' person is in-inherently another 'care-taker' PM, and will be forced to issue a new poll even if the previous one is nullified.

No-one is talking about nullifying the current constitution. If the rice corruption charge removes Yingluck then Charlem or some other PhuaThai MP will be the new PM, until one with full powers is elected and soon.

Any attempt to install a non PT 'appointedPM' for more than a month or so will bring about a massive red shirt backlash, the article seems to suggest that the 'army has checkpoints ringing bangkok' so there fore the red-shirts are helpless to rebel-this is absolute non-sense, the UDD can bring about 100,000s to take over bangkok anytime they want, any 'appointed' douchbag of a PM will be forced to abdicate to an elected parliament as soon as they start their uprising.. they will have international support, Abhist had 2 more years left in his 'appointed' PM capacity and was forced to call early elections.

The compromise position for the PAD/PDRC should be to end their protests as soon as Yingluck is forced to step-down in favor of another PT PM. but the protesters will have to accept a PT lead government for the next few years..

More than likely PTP will be dissolved as well. A lot of MP illegally amended the constitution. I think 300+. Once the farmers are paid by the new leader, then they will realize that they can no longer trust PTP and UDD. So UDD won't have that much support. They are always yelling, but no one really cares about them any more. The more violent they get, the more people will stay away from them. They don't want to loose lives like 2010. Most people knew what happen, even among the reds.

Reforms will happen, and an election will be held. And if PTP wins, it won't be a problem. But I am sure if the govt. tried to do the same thing that YS did, they will come out again. Hopefully reform will pave a way for a more transparent governance.

And the yellow farangs start to dream again.

How many times have you declared victory now?

At least we dare to dream and fight for it.

We are not lost in the red land.

The reds just fight for someone else's dream of money…..

• Like 1