Boy, 16, kills parents, then himself in Pathum Thani

webfact

Boy, 16, kills parents, then himself
Pano Chomphusri
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A 16-year-old boy shot his parents dead before turning a gun on himself yesterday at their home in Thanyaburi in Pathum Thani, just north of Bangkok.

After a report at 4pm of a triple homicide, police from Pratuman Chulalongkorn precinct rushed to a two-storey house in tambon Prachathipat and found the three bodies, each with a gunshot to the head, in a second floor bedroom.

Bodies of the parents were covered with a blanket on the bed, while the boy's body was found on the floor with a 9mm pistol in his right hand.

The boy's 18-year-old brother told police the shooting may have occurred at about 3am yesterday. He said the family usually went to bed around 2am but he woke up in the morning to go to school.

In the afternoon, he rang home but no one answered the call, which was he felt was suspicious, so he rushed home. He found the upstairs bedroom locked and asked neighbours to help break the door down.

He told police his younger brother may have envied him and felt their parents loved him more. His parents recently seized his brother's cell-phone and criticised his lower academic performance and feminine gestures. They had also bought the older brother a condominium.

He told police that the gun belonged to his father.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-10

Sad end to a 3 lifes. But HMM strange. Family went to sleep at 2am usually. The shooting may have occured around 3am.He woke and went to school. Bit strange that 1. He not hear the shots 3 of them. 2. The gun was in the right hand.. Have to think after the shot that falling to the floor the gun would come out of the hand. 3. Did not see any of the family before going to school.

• Like 2

Sad end to a 3 lifes. But HMM strange. Family went to sleep at 2am usually. The shooting may have occured around 3am.He woke and went to school. Bit strange that 1. He not hear the shots 3 of them. 2. The gun was in the right hand.. Have to think after the shot that falling to the floor the gun would come out of the hand. 3. Did not see any of the family before going to school.

You missed the bit in the last sentence where the parents just bought the older brother a condo. My guess is that he was staying at his newly acquired condo not the family home.

You missed the bit in the last sentence where the parents just bought the older brother a condo. My guess is that he was staying at his newly acquired condo not the family home.

So your guess is that he was staying at his new condo. So how would he know that they go to sleep at 2 am and they where shot at 3am?

• Like 1

read better , he lived in a condo

I would not use information given in The Nation to make any assumptions. I believe they have a perfect track record, sort of. It seems that they get the facts 100% correct in 0% of their stories.

• Like 1

read better , he lived in a condo

He told police his younger brother may have envied him and felt their parents loved him more. His parents recently seized his brother's cell-phone and criticised his lower academic performance and feminine gestures. They had also bought the older brother a condominium.

I suggest you take your own advice and read.

So sad.

The risk of having a gun at home is that at one day, you might get angry and do something you would normally never do.

It takes only 1 second to kill someone. But it takes a lifetime to regret what you've done.

If you don't have a gun at home, you need to make a plan to kill someone. That takes time, time in which you can cool down.

• Like 1

Has a few of the hallmarks of the David Bain case from Dunedin, New Zealand.... been to the Privy Council and more than one trial.... eventually the surviving son was acquitted after ??? years in prison. Compensation may be pending....

This is like the NEWTOWN massacre... just shows crazy people are all over the place and there are no cultural boundaries...

Lock your doors, be alert in public and wear running shoes! I swear, this world with all the terrorists, crazy frustrated people, angry people, terrorists, is becoming a dangerous place to be....

I think I will become a monk... oh shit... there are paedophiles and lord knows what other decadent, dysfunctional people there too!

No where to hide!

Somebody said this before....

In the afternoon, he rang home but no one answered the call, which was he felt was suspicious, so he rushed home.

Not that I know the truth about this sordid affair but I have had numerous occasions when members of my family have not picked up their phones. And certainly never ever RUSHED to do anything.

To me either the article is badly written or something smells fishy. It makes no sense to me knowing Thais. On the other hand, how they perceive the world through their soap opera TV series might explain a lot of things. In this case, unfortunately, nobody is resurrected for the next weeks episode.

RIP

• Like 1

criticised his lower academic performance and feminine gestures

I have personally known few gay Thais that confessed being very insecure in their youth and getting into fist fights when someone called them 'Kratoye'. This to say that someone been psychologically mobbed can make him crack. I somehow see the "love" of some Thai parents rather questionable. There was even some sort of revamping camps for young people suspected of being gay somewhere in Chiang Mai if my memory serves me right.

Insecure about ones sexuality and/or peoples acceptance can cause severe damage. We should always remember that our children are not ours. We don't own them. We should love and support them what ever they are or will become.

Edited by Rooo
Quote Font.
  • Like 2

The neighbours never heard gunshots? It sounds like the house was in a fairly decent neighbourhood and probably not accustomed to hearing gunshots at 3 am. I don't infer the surviving brother lived at the condo. But there is something odd here.

Total setup..............The older brother did it and then put the gun in his younger brother's hand.

It says the parents bought the older brother a condo............it DOESN'T say he was sleeping at the condo that night.

criticised his lower academic performance and feminine gestures

I have personally known few gay Thais that confessed being very insecure in their youth and getting into fist fights when someone called them 'Kratoye'. This to say that someone been psychologically mobbed can make him crack. I somehow see the "love" of some Thai parents rather questionable. There was even some sort of revamping camps for young people suspected of being gay somewhere in Chiang Mai if my memory serves me right.

Insecure about ones sexuality and/or peoples acceptance can cause severe damage. We should always remember that our children are not ours. We don't own them. We should love and support them what ever they are or will become.

Yes, the level of tolerance in Thailand towards sexual minorities is widely misinterpreted by westerners. In general, it's not as as liberal a society that way as it may appear on the surface. Obviously, it's not Iran, Russia, or Nigeria either though.

Edited by Rooo

So your guess is that he was staying at his new condo. So how would he know that they go to sleep at 2 am and they where shot at 3am?

If you had just been given a new condo would you be staying with the parents? Especially at age that age.

As a wild guess, I would say that having lived with the family for a period of time the elder brother would have a reasonable idea of when the family normally went to bed.

As to the 3am time for the offence, that would be speculation on the part of the brother or journalist. There is a remote chance it was based on unreported discussion with the neighbours, but that would involve a degree of investigation by someone. I am not entering that discussion.

Blame the videogame, blame the Falang 21st century culture, blame Facebook and Social Media... wanna bet that this is gonna be the answer of the authorities?

My condolences to the entire family...

The concept of "losing face" may come into play and/ or compound also

So sad.

The risk of having a gun at home is that at one day, you might get angry and do something you would normally never do.

It takes only 1 second to kill someone. But it takes a lifetime to regret what you've done.

If you don't have a gun at home, you need to make a plan to kill someone. That takes time, time in which you can cool down.

very true..people with guns are usually cowards and spineless..who think there tough..after watching a dirty harry movie..very sad..

What makes me also wonder...9 mm hand guns are pretty difficult to handle and the chance that it would still be in your hand after putting a bullet through your own skull are pretty limited...just saying, of course. The BIB will surely investigate...or maybe not..