Two special warfare soldiers arrested by Bangkok metropolitan police

webfact

Two special warfare soldiers arrested by metropolitan police

BANGKOK: -- Two special warfare soldiers from Lopburi were arrested by Lumphini station police after they drove past a security checkpoint last night.

The two were identified as Sergeant Pisanu Fuengrung, 25, and Lance Corporal Natawut Cherdsungnern, 23. Both are attached to Lopburi-based Special Warfare Battalion.

Lumphini police said that the two soldiers were in a pickup truck and was driving past a security checkpoint on Langsuan road in Lumphini area.

They were stopped by the police for search after they acted suspiciously.

Two green metal boxes with a large number of M 16 rounds of ammunition, a M 16 assault rifle, a .45 caliber pistol, two tear gas canisters were found inside the truck.

The arrest of the two special warfare soldiers were later reported to the metropolitan policy deputy commissioner Pol Maj-Gen Charnthep Sesawech who arrived at the Lumphini police station to question.

Both soldiers refused to give any information to the police but would like to have the presence of the staff judge advocates before giving information.

Police initially charged the two soldiers of having in possession arms and ammunition which could not be licensed by gun registrar, and carrying them in public places, and violation of the emergency law.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-special-warfare-soldiers-arrested-metropolitan-police/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-10

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two Thai army soldiers arrested with firearms, ammunition
By Digital Content

13944254544169.jpg

BANGKOK, March 10 - Two Thai Army soldiers were arrested late last night at a checkpoint on Bangkok's Lang Suan Road near the anti-government rally site at Lumpini Park, according to police.

The two soldiers are identified as Sgt Phitsanu Phuangrung and L/C Natthawut Cherdsungnern of the 31st Infantry Regiment's 2nd Infantry Battalion in the central province of Lop Buri.

Deputy Metropolitan Police chief Pol Maj-Gen Charnthep Sesavech said the pair were detained at 23.30pm and brought in for further investigation.

Police searched the men's pickup truck and found one M16 rifle with 1,976 rounds of ammunition, an 11mm pistol, two teargas canisters, some additional fiearms magazines, a knuckle-duster and a pocket knife. The police brought them for questioning at Lumpini Police Station after the men failed to show them an authorised firearms transfer certificate.

Police said the two soldiers refused to speak to the police and will be charged with possessing firearms and ammunition without authorised permission as well as carrying firearms and ammunition into the city. The staff judge advocate will be asked to take them for further action under the military court procedures.

Maj Gen Vara Boonyasit, 1st Infantry Division commander, pledged to let justice run its course and that he would not protect any soldiers found committing any wrongdoing. The army's staff judge advocate will participate in the police investigation to determine whether the pair were hired to carry the weapons which did not belong to his unit. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-10

*** is a special warfare soldier ... ? cheesy.gif

it's a soldier who fights wars that are special!! come on mate, use your imagination!!

As for the ammo, there's over 500 rounds in that box. Moonlighting? more like flogging ammo to the PDRC wink.png

Might be my eyesight, but didn't notice anything that indicates "over 500 rounds". That said, a clip holds 30 rounds, and I do recall having ro carry quite a few of those back when...

Edit: ok just saw the pic now.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

it's a soldier who fights wars that are special!! come on mate, use your imagination!!

As for the ammo, there's over 500 rounds in that box. Moonlighting? more like flogging ammo to the PDRC wink.png

Might be my eyesight, but didn't notice anything that indicates "over 500 rounds". That said, a clip holds 30 rounds, and I do recall having ro carry quite a few of those back when...

It didn't say mate, but I've filled a few of these in recent years, I'm being conservative at 500 as well wink.png

Jamie,

Soldiers on duty tend to have their basic load/kit with them, and have their mags "bombed" up (loaded) and not loose like they were in that box.

Well it's obvious that they were on a special mission undercover against drug smugglers.

If all goes true to plan, their boss will appear in the media, claiming that they are innocent and by the way did you see all those Cambodians armed to the teeth in Vans crossing the border. He will stick to this story for a week or so and then his boss will tell him to keep quite and send him to a new division whilst promoting him at the same time.

Well judging by what happened to the Vice Admiral, sorry Rear Admiral, who was in charge of the navy seals that were caught, that is.

• Like 1

Police searched the men's pickup truck and found one M16 rifle with 1,976 rounds of ammunition, an 11mm pistol, two teargas canisters, some additional fiearms magazines, a knuckle-duster and a pocket knife.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

It didn't say mate, but I've filled a few of these in recent years, I'm being conservative at 500 as well wink.png

Jamie,

Soldiers on duty tend to have their basic load/kit with them, and have their mags "bombed" up (loaded) and not loose like they were in that box.

they also have more than one mag loaded, they always carry spares could well be a supply run maybe but who has been using tear gas apart from the police.

• Like 1

<deleted> is a special warfare soldier ... ? cheesy.gif

of which you cant prove a thing..your retired now calm down...still bitter about not getting that coveted vc..w00t.gif

of which you cant prove a thing..your retired now calm down...still bitter about not getting that coveted vc..w00t.gif

That's indeed correct, I can't prove a thing, but I can speculate a very plausabe reason for having such large amounts of ammunition.

Retired? ..nope, still carry a sidearm and responsible for weapons and Ammo storage on a daily basis, medals? nah we don't need no stinking medals wink.png

Okay, IF there were on some kind of "official capacity" they'd have comms gear with them too, there's no mention of any, how would they maintain a SITREP with their Ops room? Mobile Phones don't cut it, they're allegedly Special Warfare, so they'd have primary comms and back up comms.

They'd also have a Chain of Command, a two minute phone call to their Operations room would have verified if they were on duty or not.

The pistol is interesting to me as .45 isn't really a standard calbre, there are only 2 units I recall that prefered that size of round, and both were US Spec Ops types most Thai Units favour the 9mm round due to the capacity of the magazines. The .45 pistol only holds from memory 7 rounds, where as the 9mm Glocks and SiG's hold between 12-15.

Whilst Kiko got a smackdown for "speculating/rumour" unfortunately as the picture unfolded more in the case where the Thai Navy SEAL's were concerend , they were indeed linked to the PDRC..

I'll keep an open mind Winston wink.png

• Like 2

WOW. Soldiers with weapons and ammunition after receiving news that 100 000 armed militia are forming up north with a million weapons. Who would have thought. Maybe the next news story will be nurses caught with blankets, hospital food and IV drips in the back of their pick up.

What a load of crap you post at times, are they all going to carry 10 weapons each then??

Don't ask me. Ask Jarupong. He is the one that said "that load of crap"

At the "war drum" rally on Sunday, Jarupong Ruengsuwan, the Pue Thai Party Leader, said that violence threatened to escalate. "Let me leave a warning to all people and to those who want to harm the country and the People of Thailand that Thais own 10 million guns in this country," he said.

http://edition.cnn.c...iland-protests/

In my opinion soldiers of any description carrying arms whilst not permitted to do so should be brought up on possession of firearms charges, court-martialled, receive dishonourable discharge and charged with the harshest possible sentence to set a precedent and to be made an example of. A full inquiry should be conducted as to how they were able to come by these weapons and firearms and those in connection face charges as well. Those that deal tools of death should face harsher consequences than drug dealers.

Soldiers Arrested With 2,000 Rifle Rounds Near PCAD Rally

By Khaosod English.

13944337451394433766l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two soldiers have been arrested as they attempted to smuggle several firearms and nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition into an anti-government protest rally site, police said.

Sergeant Pitsanu Fuengrung and Corporal Nattawut Choedsoongnoen were arrested as they attempted to drive their vehicle past a police checkpoint on Langsuan Road at around 23.00 last night. They were headed toward the anti-government campsite in Lumpini Park, police officers said.

Upon the inspection of their vehicle, police reportedly uncovered one 11 mm. handgun, one M16 rifle, one M4A1 rifle, and nearly 1,000 ammunition for the rifles.

Both soldiers are servicemen of the 2nd Infantry Battalion, 31st Infantry Regiment, which is based in Lopburi province, according to their Army ID cards.

The arrest came at the time when many pro-government activists accused the Thai military of providing tacit support to the anti-government protests led by the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD).

A number of servicemen of the Royal Thai Navy have been previously arrested with firearms and ammunition near PCAD rally sites over the last few weeks. The Navy says the investigation is ongoing, and denies that its forces are supporting the PCAD in any way.

Maj.Gen. Warah Bunyasidh, a commander of the Royal Thai Army, admitted that Sgt. Pitsanu and Cpl. Nattawut are active members of the armed forces.

He promised a full cooperation with the police to prosecute the arrested soldiers. "I must admit that I'm troubled to know that some soldiers take up such jobs," Maj.Gen. Warah said, "We won't protect them. However, regulations required that officers from the Judge Advocate General's Corps must be present during the police interrogation".

Maj.Gen. Warah refused to speculate the motives of the soldiers, stating that he is waiting for the authorities to conclude their investigation, but he insisted that the weapons the suspects carried were not issued by the military.

"I believe they bought the weapons themselves and took up private assignments," Maj.Gen Warah explained.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394433745&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-10

Soldiers carrying guns !!!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The world is messed up ....

It is illegal in most militaries for personnel to carry weapons and that amount of ammunition when not on authorized activity. One exception is Israel where soldiers carry their weapons wherever they go. However, any misuse results in serious and immediate discipline. Considering the situation in Thailand, it is unacceptable that these two punks would be circulating with that kind of firepower. If they removed the weapons and munitions from their base without authorization it speaks to the lack of control Thailand's military has over its weapons. if they were allowed to drive around with the weaponry then that speaks volumes as to the military's respect for law and order. Those 2 snot nosed NCOs deserve to be up on charges. Hopefully, the military has a full inquiry and finds out why its arms depots are a bloody sieve.

I would alike to add (after agreeing with you) is that do you really think there is ANY CONTROL here at all? Look at the stolen passports used on that unfortunate plane that has gone missing. THAILAND is in the australian news as being a haven for SOUTH EAST ASIAN crime gangs. AND AUSTRALIA is not alone in that assumption.

The military and Police and all authority (loosely phrased) is way way below standards. they are only up on collecting bribes and THANK YOU money

WOW. Soldiers with weapons and ammunition after receiving news that 100 000 armed militia are forming up north with a million weapons. Who would have thought. Maybe the next news story will be nurses caught with blankets, hospital food and IV drips in the back of their pick up.

When the red shirts actually blow something up it is defense, denial and scapegoating.

When soldiers are not blowing something up they are carrying out top secret PDRC missions to attack themselves apparently!

I tellz ya, those aint coffee beans in your coffee.

"WOW. Soldiers with weapons and ammunition after receiving news that 100 000 armed militia are forming up north with a million weapons. Who would have thought. Maybe the next news story will be nurses caught with blankets, hospital food and IV drips in the back of their pick up."

After this statement, the rest seems a bit ironic.

When the red shirts actually blow something up it is defense, denial and scapegoating.

When soldiers are not blowing something up they are carrying out top secret PDRC missions to attack themselves apparently!

I tellz ya, those aint coffee beans in your coffee.

u need to lay off the drugs jamie...ur imagination is getting the better of you

• Like 2