Garden sprinkler system

bolt

My neighbor had his entire yard done. Quite a big garden, included timers, misters, etc. That was quite a few years ago and the price was 100,000 Baht. I had mine done on the cheap and that's what I got. Unfortunately, it ended up not being that cheap.

I'd also try Thai Watsadu. Ask the staff, or the English speaking manager. If I had it to do over, I'd just hire some laborers and do it myself. It isn't that hard. There are a bunch of websites that help you lay it out. If I remember correctly, Rainbird had a great brochure for this also.

Now, I pay 3k/month for a guy who comes every other day. He waters, trims the plants, cuts the grass. And deals with my poor irrigation installation.

Global House is another option. There is one in Chonburi and one down in Rayong. They've got a large stock, and so does Thai Watsadu.

Rainbird has their office on Sukhumvit opposite Big C south Pattaya.

There is another irrigation company on third road, about 200 meters before the TOT office at the opposite side.

irrigation company on third road

small but well stocked. what they don't stock they can order and get it within 3 working days.

I used the Rainbird company opposite Big C on sukhumvit/south road. rain bird is the sign.

My garden is approx 9mx9m with secondary flower bed on other side of car port. They did the install in one day. Computer is a Hunter X Core

Cost was 23k, they gave 2 zones with 11 sprinklers

So far so good

I used the Rainbird company opposite Big C on sukhumvit/south road. rain bird is the sign.

My garden is approx 9mx9m with secondary flower bed on other side of car port. They did the install in one day. Computer is a Hunter X Core

So far so good

Thanks for posting these details. Does that 23 grand well spent have any warranty and if so, what does it cover?

I nursed a home-made system at a rental property I was in and it kept me busy! It had been installed over 15 years earlier and the previous tenant hadn't bothered much with keeping it running. I think I replaced about 80% of the gubbins over an 18-month period but the landlord was a buddy and took it off the rent.

One problem I have with my system is sand clogging up the sprinklers. Even back in the US, maintaining these systems takes a fair amount of time. Something is always breaking.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So far so good

do it (partly) yourself sprinkler system during construction before the last layer of topsoil for ~1,000m² irrigated area

-260 linear meters 1" pipe

-40 sprinkler heads, moving and popping (all installed above ground)

-computerised timer

-four solenoid valves (4 zones)

-supplied by 2HP pump

-water drawn from my pond

approximately 65,000 Baht 8 years ago. pump replaced last year, cost 5,700 Baht plus a few hundred Baht replacing heads.

One problem I have with my system is sand clogging up the sprinklers. Even back in the US, maintaining these systems takes a fair amount of time. Something is always breaking.

where's the sand coming from Craig?

I am guessing it is from the main supply pipe. We didn't have any water last year for 3 or 4 days, since the house tank was empty, sent in the gardener to clean it out. I have one of those large tank filters. Was amazed at the amount of sand on the bottom of the tank. Several bucket loads. It could also be coming in from a small crack in the pipes somewhere. That was a big problem at my house in Vegas.

Our watering system has developed over the last couple of years, I didn't fancy digging up the grass to install pop-ups, so we had a number of moveable heads on hoses.

Then SWMBO arrived with what I can only describe as a water cannon from the farm shop, 11/2" inlet pipe, nozzle is about 3/8", at 3 Bar from our big (3HP) pump these things shoot water, a lot of water, about 25-30m. Water is pumped from the river into a 1000L holding tank which supplies the sprinklers, with 3 of the big boys on (and the river pump off) the tank empties in about 3 minutes.

Our issue was snails clogging things up, so we now have a mesh filter on the tank inlet and a disc filter on the big pump (there is a healthy snail population in the tank upon which I'm waging war).

So far so good

Thanks for posting these details. Does that 23 grand well spent have any warranty and if so, what does it cover?

I nursed a home-made system at a rental property I was in and it kept me busy! It had been installed over 15 years earlier and the previous tenant hadn't bothered much with keeping it running. I think I replaced about 80% of the gubbins over an 18-month period but the landlord was a buddy and took it off the rent.

I think the warranty will last until I don't call them back. Maybe I'll have to pay a small fee now and then for any unclogging that needs to be done.

• 1 year later...

Anyone have the telephone number of the Rainbird dealer on Sukhumvit across from Big C??? Please Thank You

You mean this one:

https://goo.gl/maps/bUxV2fKdL2F2

The Thai description of the shop translates as "Thai Water Systems".

Should be this one:

http://www.yellowpages.co.th/profile/521806591076001

At least the name fits and it is on Suk. in the Pattaya area (Nongprue).

Phone: 0-3841-4079

Archived