Thailand exposed as crime hub over MH370 stolen passports

webfact

God, I hope the powers that be never discover that Thailand is the sex capital of the world. That would me something!

Will never happen because prostitution and sex are illegal in Thailand.thumbsup.gif

Hang on a sec............ sex is illegal in Thailand?

Where do all kids come from then.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God, I hope the powers that be never discover that Thailand is the sex capital of the world. That would me something!

Will never happen because prostitution and sex are illegal in Thailand.thumbsup.gif

getting closer now to the true hub

So Thailand does not even check passports against the Interpol list, great security. It appears they don't even check their own data base.

Having had my passport stolen, I can assure you that they do check against their own database. I was delayed at every Thai border crossing for at least a year afterwards.

The slagging differs from my experience of entering/leaving BKK many times over five years - all officers have been totally professional, dispassionate and meticulous.

It's much more laid back in Auckland, with Customs/Immigration officers easygoing, cheerful and welcoming after I tell them: "been a taxpayer here for 55 years!"

Cabbages, you silly thing.

MISSING OF MH 370
Iranians identified

The Nation,
Asia News Network

30229004-01_big.gif
A Malaysian police official displays photographs of the two men who boarded the Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight using stolen European passports, at a hotel near Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang yesterday.

Malaysian police do not see terrorist connection

The two passengers using stolen passports to board the missing Malaysian Airlines flight 370 were identified as Iranian nationals, but they were unlikely to have had any terrorist link, Malaysia and Interpol said.

Interpol secretary general Ronald Noble gave the men's names as Pouri Nourmoham-madi, 18, and Delavar Seyed-mohammaderza, 29. The men first used their Iranian passports to travel from Doha to Kuala Lumpur, and then boarded the MH370 flight using stolen Austrian and Italian passports, he said.

Malaysian police earlier named the man travelling on the Austrian passport as Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad, 19. Interpol gave his birthday as April 30, 1995.

Speculation over a possible terrorist attack and lax security was waning "as belief becomes more certain that these two individuals were probably not terrorists" but "might just be people being smuggled or trafficked", Noble said. "The more information we get, the more we are inclined to conclude it is not a terrorist incident."

Noble also pointed to declarations by Malaysian police that one of the two was a 19-year-old Iranian illegal immigrant "wanting to travel to Frankfurt, Ger-many, to be with his mother".

The final destination for the other ticket was Copenhagen, according to travel documents seen by AFP.

Earlier, Malaysian Police Inspector General Khalid Abu Bakar said Nourmohammadi, earlier identified as Mehrdad, travelled on the passport of Austrian Christian Kozel, who had reported it missing in Phuket last year.

"When he did not arrive there, his mother contacted the authorities. She was aware he was using a stolen passport," Khalid told The Star.

Aloyah Mamat, director-general of the Malaysian Immigration Department, said both impostors had entered Malaysia on February 28 and were issued 90-day social-visit passes. In both cases, the passport bearers matched the image on the bio-data page, she said.

Khalid said Malaysian police had been in touch with their counterparts in other countries, including Iran.

However, Malaysian police were still considering all possibilities in terms of criminal involvement in the plane's disappearance, he said when asked whether police thought the revelation made them consider terrorism less likely in the case.

"At this moment, I would not say less likely. Same weightage to all until we finish our investigations," he said.

Police were focusing their investigations on various hypotheses including hijacking, sabotage and psychological problems among passengers or crew, he added.

Thai and foreign police have been questioning two travel agents in Pattaya, where the tickets were bought for the two impostors.

Pattaya police chief Pol Colonel Suphachai Phuikaew-kham said both the tickets, bought for the travellers by two Iranians, were for travel on from Beijing to Europe.

If it was terrorism, they would have specified the route and airline, but they only asked for the cheapest ticket, he said.

The Thai wife of an Iranian called Asem paid Bt 51,000 for the tickets. Supachai identified him as Hasem, who he said was known to be in Pattaya. A second Iranian, who Supachai identified as Kazem Ali, had booked the tickets by telephone with a Pattaya travel agent. Ali was believed to be in Iran.

Police were probing all angles, including the possibility that these men were involved in human smuggling, as Ali had a relationship with the travel agency and had booked through them previously, very possibly for Iranian nationals, he said.

The Pattaya travel agent who booked the tickets for the two said the purchase had been arranged through an "Iranian contact", the Financial Times reported.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-12

"Thailand has been used by some international terrorist groups as a zone of operation, to raise funds or to plan attacks," said Rommel Banlaoi, an analyst on terrorism in South-East Asia.

Surprised? Not at all... What are the root causes? Exactly the same and for the road accidents, the scams and other major problems that have been increasing in Thailand for the last decade:

No standard + No control + No safety + No authority + No implementation or respect of laws and regulations + widespread corruption = Total laxism and anarchy!

it does not mean that Thailand directly supports or funds Terrorism. Of course not. But indirectly because of laxism and corruption, the country has become a major playground for all kind of mafias and terrorists. Remember a few weeks ago, this story about fruits and veggies sold containing formalin? One seller was saying that is only concern was to increase profit!!! Somehow this is the same root cause. Here in Thailand, money can buy absolutely everything. There is absolutely no (more) moral and common sense. So, of course, it reaches a point where a total failed State leads to all kind of abuses and extremes; from road fatalities (Thailand rank 2nd in the World), food full of pesticides and chemicals (No law, no control), widespread tourist scams and the latest, Terrorism activities.

Actually I am very surprised that a major terrorist attack has not happened yet in Thailand. This country is such a failed State managed by a bunch of clowns.

Most probably just a matter of time...

We want to say "WAKE UP THAILAND", but after saying this for 10 years, there is no more hope.

yes I am agree in every single word,

and nothing it´s gonna change because they are too proud and too mulish to accept what they do wrong

There is absolutely no hope, the country will still being a scam and cheating area forever

MISSING OF MH 370

Iranians identified

The Nation,

Asia News Network

30229004-01_big.gif

A Malaysian police official displays photographs of the two men who boarded the Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight using stolen European passports, at a hotel near Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang yesterday.

Malaysian police do not see terrorist connection

The two passengers using stolen passports to board the missing Malaysian Airlines flight 370 were identified as Iranian nationals, but they were unlikely to have had any terrorist link, Malaysia and Interpol said.

Interpol secretary general Ronald Noble gave the men's names as Pouri Nourmoham-madi, 18, and Delavar Seyed-mohammaderza, 29. The men first used their Iranian passports to travel from Doha to Kuala Lumpur, and then boarded the MH370 flight using stolen Austrian and Italian passports, he said.

Malaysian police earlier named the man travelling on the Austrian passport as Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad, 19. Interpol gave his birthday as April 30, 1995.

Speculation over a possible terrorist attack and lax security was waning "as belief becomes more certain that these two individuals were probably not terrorists" but "might just be people being smuggled or trafficked", Noble said. "The more information we get, the more we are inclined to conclude it is not a terrorist incident."

Noble also pointed to declarations by Malaysian police that one of the two was a 19-year-old Iranian illegal immigrant "wanting to travel to Frankfurt, Ger-many, to be with his mother".

The final destination for the other ticket was Copenhagen, according to travel documents seen by AFP.

Earlier, Malaysian Police Inspector General Khalid Abu Bakar said Nourmohammadi, earlier identified as Mehrdad, travelled on the passport of Austrian Christian Kozel, who had reported it missing in Phuket last year.

"When he did not arrive there, his mother contacted the authorities. She was aware he was using a stolen passport," Khalid told The Star.

Aloyah Mamat, director-general of the Malaysian Immigration Department, said both impostors had entered Malaysia on February 28 and were issued 90-day social-visit passes. In both cases, the passport bearers matched the image on the bio-data page, she said.

Khalid said Malaysian police had been in touch with their counterparts in other countries, including Iran.

However, Malaysian police were still considering all possibilities in terms of criminal involvement in the plane's disappearance, he said when asked whether police thought the revelation made them consider terrorism less likely in the case.

"At this moment, I would not say less likely. Same weightage to all until we finish our investigations," he said.

Police were focusing their investigations on various hypotheses including hijacking, sabotage and psychological problems among passengers or crew, he added.

Thai and foreign police have been questioning two travel agents in Pattaya, where the tickets were bought for the two impostors.

Pattaya police chief Pol Colonel Suphachai Phuikaew-kham said both the tickets, bought for the travellers by two Iranians, were for travel on from Beijing to Europe.

If it was terrorism, they would have specified the route and airline, but they only asked for the cheapest ticket, he said.

The Thai wife of an Iranian called Asem paid Bt 51,000 for the tickets. Supachai identified him as Hasem, who he said was known to be in Pattaya. A second Iranian, who Supachai identified as Kazem Ali, had booked the tickets by telephone with a Pattaya travel agent. Ali was believed to be in Iran.

Police were probing all angles, including the possibility that these men were involved in human smuggling, as Ali had a relationship with the travel agency and had booked through them previously, very possibly for Iranian nationals, he said.

The Pattaya travel agent who booked the tickets for the two said the purchase had been arranged through an "Iranian contact", the Financial Times reported.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-12

exactly as I tipped back in post 46.

Lady hub? Crime hub?

If you want a lady go to Thailand.

If you want to commit a crime, go to Thailand or Queensland. Which is part of Australia.

These are well known facts of life. Just saying.. . . not complaining.

Lady hub? Crime hub?

If you want to commit a crime, go to Thailand or Queensland. Which is part of Australia.

Queensland? You must be a one-eyed Sydneysider.

Lady hub? Crime hub?

Good observation, however I lived in Qld for a year. Had a good time and surfed National Park Noosa Heads for two days with 5 of us out.

Yes I am old.

My more recent education has been, 'attempting' to work with the Qld Police re a multi million dollar fraud conducted from there.

I have learnt a lot, which I cannot even mention. Its a horror story. and I repeat. Its a great place to commit a crime if you are into

that sort of thing.

Qld police, like Thai are very lenient and relaxed about that sort of thing.

Lady hub? Crime hub?

Good observation, however I lived in Qld for a year. Had a good time and surfed National Park Noosa Heads for two days with 5 of us out.

Yes I am old.

My more recent education has been, 'attempting' to work with the Qld Police re a multi million dollar fraud conducted from there.

I have learnt a lot, which I cannot even mention. Its a horror story. and I repeat. Its a great place to commit a crime if you are into

that sort of thing.

Qld police, like Thai are very lenient and relaxed about that sort of thing.

haha.....thanks. Having lived in Queensland for the past 24 years there seems to be a surfeit of white collar crime here. But, then again, I am not sure how other states fare. I think we lag behind some southern states when it comes non white collar crime.

Having been to Thailand many times over a number of years, and not falling foul of the authorities, doesn't close my eyes to the criminal activities or cronyism of those in authority. I read enough about it in the Bangkok Post and other papers and various blogs. Therefore, I feel safer in Queensland (or anywhere else in Australia) than Thailand. Unfortunately, fervent prayers to Buddha doesn't seem to help Thai people. But, I guess, it soothes their collective conscience.

As a footnote, I must confess that I do remember falling foul of the authorities by overstaying, by one day, and having to pay a 1000BHT fine at customs on my way out. Oh dear! Que sera sera whistling.gif

I think he means sox only for sandal wearing old expats.

Thai lady explained to me

"no like wash foot glove"

You need soxpot?

What old soxpot likey you hasum man.........

and so it goes ,thank god who ever she may be I'm not in Howdy Alabia

My passport was stolen whenI first arrived BKK in 2007 and I knew who stole it. I reported it to the police who were not interested in assisting me, so I just went my embassy, reported it stolen and got a new passport. It all comes down to the police; every time. I wish they understood what national pride is. It might be a good thing for Thailand if the government allowed copies of passports to serve as a tempory ID until the original could be presented but that would eleminate the extorsion fine police collect. Tourists and residents could leave their passports in a safe place and produce it if necessary.

Hotels could issue a tourist ID as well, with the name of the hotel, the passport number, and visa expiration date. That should be sufficient for any ID or rental when presented with a driving license.

If there was a photo opportunity like with the Italian guy, mate the BIB would have been killing each other to investigate the theft of your passport.

A guy who stayed with me insisted on going everywhere with his passport sticking out his back pocket, i warned him so many times even to the point of scanning his passport and giving him a printout which he did,nt use ...maybe binned it.....but always got this grin meaning i was over reacting,

After a few months he carried his luggage down then went through everything saying ...cant find my passport, then asked...what to do now?

I gave him lost passport links to tvf and told...as i understand you first have to call the airline and explain then go to the police, also it might be an idea to go to the post office, He did nothing for the next 2 weeks,

To say i was shocked would be an understatement .

Sounds like a complete know-all <deleted> who didn't deserve all the effort you went to to help and protect him ...

Som nam na, and I hope he had a shitload of problems.

MYSTERIOUS MISSING

One suspect who used stolen passport identified

The Nation/The Star

Asia News Network

30228904-02_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- One of the two suspects who used stolen passports to board the missing Malaysian Airlines flight has been identified.

Malaysia's Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the man had been identified based on CCTV footage from Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

"I can confirm that he is not a Malaysian, but cannot divulge which country he is from yet," he said at Kajang police headquarters yesterday.

When asked if both suspects had immigration records showing entry into Malaysia, Khalid said police were in the midst of investigating the case.

"The man is not from Xinjiang, China," he said in reference to the autonomous region that is home to the Uighur, an ethic Muslim minority waging a deadly battle with Beijing.

Most of 293 passengers on flight MH370 are Chinese. Nearly 20 Uighur were secretly deported to China from Malaysia in 2011 and 2012, said New York-based Human Right Watch.

Malaysian authorities are sceptical of the unheralded Chinese Martyrs' Brigade claim that it was responsible for the missing aircraft.

"We do not have verification of a Chinese militant group claiming responsibility for the missing plane," Khalid said, adding that his personnel were investigating the case from all angles.

He said they had yet to classify the missing plane as being linked to terrorism.

"Let us investigate the matter thoroughly," he said, urging the public not to speculate further on the matter.

Malaysian Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein also doubts the claim by the Chinese group.

"There is no sound or credible grounds to justify their claims," Hishammuddin told reporters at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-11

What the heck is this picture? The man who is suspected of boarding the "missing" plane. Has been identified. Photo suggests hes in custody with the police? So hes now not missing, only the plane is missing. They suspected him of boarding the plane. So i guess he just got out at the last minute? LOL?? <deleted>

reply to PAULN nice one, well spotted , yep same photo bottom, and on AL Jazeera news, one of "fake passport" guy's friends was interviewed, i think he stayed with him, (not sure) but he said the guy was only trying to get to Europe to seek asylum, as to being a terrorist, he says "no way"