Man assaulted by PCAD guards 'was not armed agent'

webfact

Man Assaulted By PCAD Guards 'Was Not Armed Agent'
By Khaosod English

13944571831394457264l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The brother of a man who has been allegedly beaten by a group of anti-government protest guards has disputed the claims that he tried to attack the guards.

The incident reportedly took place on 8 March near the anti-government rally site on Chaeng Wattana Road, where supporters of the People's Committee for Absolue Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) have been camping for weeks.

Accoring to a report in Thai Rath newspapers, the an individual on a vehicle attempted to approach the guards' checkpoint on Chaeng Wattana Road and opened fire, forcing some of the guards and Royal Thai Army soldiers stationed nearby to return fire.

After the gunfire exchange subsided, the guards reportedly captured the individual and searched his car. Thai Rath quoted a member of PCAD leaders as saying that the guards found a number of explosives on the vehicle, and named the person as Mr. Maroot Channual.

However, contacted by Khaosod, Mr. Maroot's brother disputed the PCAD's allegation and insisted that his brother was unarmed at the time.

According to Mr. Thammarat Channual, Mr. Maroot was attending a wedding reception hosted by one of his friends in Laksi distirct on the night of the incident. Afterh he left the party, Mr. Thammarat said, Mr. Maroot drove home via Chaeng Wattana Road, thinking he could drive through the protest site.

But Mr. Maroot soon reportedly encountered street cones erected by PCAD guards on the road. As the barricades were unmanned, Mr. Thammarat said in a phone interview, Mr. Maroot got out of his car and attempted to remove the barricades, which caused at least 5 guards to rush toward him and assault him severely.

Mr. Maroot was begging for mercy, even claiming that he personally admired PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban, but the guards would not listen, his brother said.

The man later reportedly woke up in hospital on the next morning. It is not clear who brought Mr. Maroot to the hospital.

Mr. Maroot is reported to have suffered severe injuries on his face, such as several broken bones and bleeding inside his eyes and ears. Blood was found in his urine samples. Medical workers refused to say whether Mr. Maroot's hearing and eyesight would be permanently affected by the wounds, and it is not clear whether Mr. Maroot would require facial surgery.

Medical workers have also retrieved a bullet from Mr. Maroot's leg, Mr. Thammarat said.

According to Mr. Thammarat, the guards also took away his brother's belongings, including an iPhone, a gold necklace, a ring, an amulet, and 5,000 baht in cash.

Mr. Thammarat vehemently denied reports that explosives were found inside Mr. Maroot's vehicle, insisting that his brother was not a part of any political movements.

"He criticised all politcial sides," Mr. Thammarat said, "My brother never has personal problems with anyone".

Mr. Thammarat also threatened to take legal action against anti-government critics on the social network who have been circulating allegations that Mr. Maroot was an armed agent paid by the Redshirts to attack the PCAD rally site. He said his family has already filed charge at a police station against the PCAD guards for their alleged assault on his brother.

"After the incident, no one takes any responsibility for what happened. The PCAD has not contacted me at all. Worse, they falsely implicated my brother in their press conference," Mr. Thammarat told our correspondent, "My family is very stressed at this moment. My parents can't sleep. My pregnant sister-in-laws is also very upset".

He added, "Everyone has the rights to rally and ask for fairness, ask for democracy, but their method should be under the laws ... I can only hope this incident would not happen to any other family".

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394457183&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-11

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine a government by people's committee with these mindless, vilolent thugs in charge of security. Low life, brown shirt street criminals...not whistling grannies

You've already got one. Who do you imagine owns the bomb throwers?

• Like 1

had a look in the mirror lately ?

Tell Shannon. Only quoting him.

So you agree with Shannon's when he quoted what I did when a whistle blower's mother has grenades thrown at her house because Shannon shares the same beliefs as you right?

Since I do not share the same beliefs as you it is offense?

Do you understand what hypocrisy means?

I think most of the posters on here know what you represent and it ain't so nice. hopefully it's just because you are young and naive

as Oscar said:

"youth is wasted on the young" thumbsup.gif

So when I highlight your hypocrisy your only defense to that is to belittle me.

Well done. Sure you were not on the high school debating team with strong valid rebuttals like that?

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the injuries this man got and wish him well. But -

who knows who is telling the truth ?

And I am not surprised by the guards being alert and using force when being attacked or something happens that looks like an attack. In those situations there is no time to consider. Better shoot first than be shot.

There is a reason for this. All the attacks on the peaceful protestors. Grenade attacks every night. Shooting and killing on a regular base.

Without these attacks security would not be necessary and this would not have happened.

Always keep in mind the violence came from the red shirts side first and guess - who are the unknown grenade attackers and shooters. It is a joke talking of a third party.

Clearly it is solely this group of violent undemocratic thugs that has to be accused - not only for this but for all the violence.

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

had a look in the mirror lately ?

Tell Shannon. Only quoting him.

So you agree with Shannon's when he quoted what I did when a whistle blower's mother has grenades thrown at her house because Shannon shares the same beliefs as you right?

Since I do not share the same beliefs as you it is offense?

Do you understand what hypocrisy means?

I think most of the posters on here know what you represent and it ain't so nice. hopefully it's just because you are young and naive

as Oscar said:

"youth is wasted on the young" thumbsup.gif

Well done. Sure you were not on the high school debating team with strong valid rebuttals like that?

Maroot Channual is a mindless, violent thug, low life, brown shirt street criminal (forgot fascist rat and brainless) that has no place in this society. The only thing he offers is a window into what the broader section of red shirts represent.

you said it now DEFEND IT - this guy is in hospital with a bullet in him and badly beaten up

• Like 2

Maroot Channual is a mindless, violent thug, low life, brown shirt street criminal (forgot fascist rat and brainless) that has no place in this society. The only thing he offers is a window into what the broader section of red shirts represent.

you said it now DEFEND IT - this guy is in hospital with a bullet in him and badly beaten up

OK so now you are cornered and you still cannot rebut my statement regarding the ManofReason quote in the context of hypocrisy because belittling is your only defense you now refer to another part of my post which has nothing to do with hypocrisy!

That is a skill of a debater so maybe I was wrong. You may have been on the debating team.

Edited by djjamie

I feel sorry for the injuries this man got and wish him well. But -

who knows who is telling the truth ?

And I am not surprised by the guards being alert and using force when being attacked or something happens that looks like an attack. In those situations there is no time to consider. Better shoot first than be shot.

There is a reason for this. All the attacks on the peaceful protestors. Grenade attacks every night. Shooting and killing on a regular base.

Without these attacks security would not be necessary and this would not have happened.

Always keep in mind the violence came from the red shirts side first and guess - who are the unknown grenade attackers and shooters. It is a joke talking of a third party.

Clearly it is solely this group of violent undemocratic thugs that has to be accused - not only for this but for all the violence.

Clearly you believe only one group of people is capable of telling the truth. Another poster who can't see the woods for the trees.

• Like 1

If you believe Khaosod, you believe that Elvis is still alive.

Just look at the photos, it is obviously 2 different people with similar hair style.

The guy on the left is skinny; while the guy on the right is a fat boy.

He couldn't have put on so much weight over such a short time.

Besides, their ears look different too.

That's my opinion.

Take a look at this guy youtube channel upload:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mchannual

Very very political? He has a wife named "Phoo". SAME AS YINGLUCK. Coincident?

Edited by Suriya4

And one flew over the cuckoo's nest,now breath in Jamie,now out.

Nice one, some more belittling. Can't really defend that hypocrisy statement heay?

Kinda stopped you all in your tracks. smile.png

Feel free to keep belting me if that will help you vent your frustration and being unable to refute my glaring case of hypocrisy.

The belittling says more about you than me. Notice I don't result to name calling on you guys. Last time I faced this type of belittling was in primary school.

Come on guys, vent that frustration and release that anger.

• Like 1

Just look at the photos, it is obviously 2 different people with similar hair style.

That's my opinion.

Wow, conspiracies (and lack of thought) abound. Could it not perhaps be the brother in the left picture as he's mentioned in the article?

• Like 1

time for the people

to rise up against these thugsnis justice enough. The self anointed and their army hangers on ponce about, seemingly untouchable.

They don't pursue justice for all. They are just mafia.

They seek confrontation just so the army will roll the tanks.

The old maxim "Be careful what you seek"

Agree! I thought the most revealing part of the report states that the PDRC guards and soldiers opened fire, i thought all the PDRC guards were unarmed and likewise the soldiers? This incident proves beyond doubt, and is now accepted by most as fact, that PDRC guards ARE armed and also that armed soldiers have been given orders to embed with the PDRC.

Given the above report, how can Thai Courts still maintain that the movement is unarmed and peaceful?

• Like 2

Nice one, some more belittling. Can't really defend that hypocrisy statement heay?

Feel free to keep belting me if that will help you vent your frustration and being unable to refute my glaring case of hypocrisy.

The belittling says more about you than me. Notice I don't result to name calling on you guys. Last time I faced this type of belittling was in primary school.

That's it Jamie, now you feel better?

you see wasn't so bad was it?

That's it Jamie, now you feel better?

you see wasn't so bad was it?

You would rather continue to belittle than admit your hypocritical.

The man later reportedly woke up in hospital on the next morning . . .
. . . I thought he was beaten and held hostage for a week . . . or was that another incident?

Different victims.

This guy was beaten in Changwattana.

The forced in-prison guy was in Lumpini.

This guy wedding video:

That's my opinion.

Take a look at this guy youtube channel upload:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mchannual

Very very political? He has a wife named "Phoo". Same as the acting PM perhaps?

Just look at the photos, it is obviously 2 different people

another silly post - look at the mole below the lips right side - SAME guy Sherlock

he's fatter as he is bloated and swelling after the beating

• Like 1

From the report, the Guards' story sounds fishy.

They claim he fired at them, so they shot back.

Although they "find" explosives in the car, but NO gun!

Surely they could have "found" a gun too.

And stealing money, phones - is that the SOP for guards?

If so, perhaps they are not being paid their 2000 baht/day in Chaengwattana, and have to improvise.

Or maybe it's justified as the spoils of war.

• Like 2