Overstayed and want to go home

Why did you not bother to do visa runs?

Yes you can buy a ticket and pay the fines.

20'000 baht and if you are lucky no stamp.

If your not in luck you could enjoy some time inside.

Edited by Jay Sata

20.000Baht fine at the airport by your plane ticket and just check in as normal and the check in clerk will call a immigration officer an d take you to a little room pay your 20.000 Baht to him and he will send you on your way , if you get caught before you get to the airport the fine is 40.000Baht good luck.

just tell the immigration guy you lost track of time,be polite wai2.gif

Edited by Boyce
  • Like 1

20.000Baht fine at the airport by your plane ticket and just check in as normal and the check in clerk will call a immigration officer an d take you to a little room pay your 20.000 Baht to him and he will send you on your way , if you get caught before you get to the airport the fine is 40.000Baht good luck.

The 40,000 baht fine part is nonsense. The law has a maximum of 20,000 baht.

Especially with a ticket out there is little risk. At most they hand him over to immigration who tell him to pay 20,000 baht and get out of dodge.

• Like 1

There is no 40K baht fine 20k baht is the maximum fine allowed by the immigration act.

In fact if caught with an overstay the fine could well be less when it is set by a court. It is typically reduced to 10k to 12k baht then.

Mario2008, on 11 Mar 2014 - 10:44, said:
Boyce, on 11 Mar 2014 - 10:41, said:

The 40,000 baht fine part is nonsense. The law has a maximum of 20,000 baht.

Especially with a ticket out there is little risk. At most they hand him over to immigration who tell him to pay 20,000 baht and get out of dodge.

Cheers Mario.

Thanks everyone.

I might as well pay the fine of 20,000 baht and go home. If I get blacklisted its ok, I'm not sure I'll be back.

You don't get blacklisted. You get a small stamp in your passport indicating you have overstayed.

That stamp is no problem in getting new visas for Thailand, a work permit etc.

Thanks everyone.

I might as well pay the fine of 20,000 baht and go home. If I get blacklisted its ok, I'm not sure I'll be back.

There will be no black listing. That is only done to people who are caught and cannot pay the fine and are deported.

Why did you not bother to do visa runs?

Yes you can buy a ticket and pay the fines.

20'000 baht and if you are lucky no stamp.

If your not in luck you could enjoy some time inside.

Visa runs are the most horribleist thing one has to do.................lol.

Why do you think visa runs are horrible? I do regular runs to Mai Sai from Chiang Mai. OK it's a long bus trip but I usually overnight there or in Chiang Rai to break the journey and enjoy the evenings. Visa runs can be fun, at least the one I do. What is it that make visa runs horrible from other locations? I'm interested because I think sometimes of relocating and would 'factor in' areas which have the horriblest runs. Which are the worst? Is it more than just a question of distance?

• Like 2

Dear OP,

I know some people personally who went through that. Best option here would be to buy your plane ticket first, then take a monk, preferable an abbot to the Immigration and let him explain that you had been sick, and you feel very sorry for your wrongdoing.

Please be aware that none of the people I'm talking about was being blacklisted. They're all back in Thailand. The tone makes the music.

Don't waste more time and do something now. Where are you located? Just trying to find the right monk for you. Cheers-wai2.gif

P.S. It's a maximum of 20 K, you'll pay. No arrest if you follow that.The worst that could happen would be that they make sure that you're really leaving.

Just use common sense.

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Why do you think visa runs are horrible? I do regular runs to Mai Sai from Chiang Mai. OK it's a long bus trip but I usually overnight there or in Chiang Rai to break the journey and enjoy the evenings. Visa runs can be fun, at least the one I do. What is it that make visa runs horrible from other locations? I'm interested because I think sometimes of relocating and would 'factor in' areas which have the horriblest runs. Which are the worst? Is it more than just a question of distance?

Sorry, but visa runs are sometimes not affordable for people living on a small budget.

Dear OP,

I know some people personally who went through that. Best option here would be to buy your plane ticket first, then take a monk, preferable an abbot to the Immigration and let him explain that you had been sick, and you feel very sorry for your wrongdoing.

Please be aware that none of the people I'm talking about was being blacklisted. They're all back in Thailand. The tone makes the music.

Don't waste more time and do something now. Where are you located? Just trying to find the right monk for you. Cheers-wai2.gif

P.S. It's a maximum of 20 K, you'll pay. No arrest if you follow that.The worst that could happen would be that they make sure that you're really leaving.

Just use common sense.

Why would you ask a monk to lie when it is not necessary, pay the fine and leave that's all they care about at the airport a monk will make no difference, just more drama

Dear OP,

Just use common sense.

Why would you ask a monk to lie when it is not necessary, pay the fine and leave that's all they care about at the airport a monk will make no difference, just more drama

Let me answer your question with some questions. Why do all Buddhist Thais got to see a monk, when they have troubles?

Why are monks called "Ajarn". But it seems that you know the country better than others do, do you?

Nobody said that the monk has to lie. Just his presence will be a tremendous and very positive change of circumstances for the OP.

One more question for you.

Why would a foreigner, who had almost ten years overstay, living here for 20 years even bother and take a monk to the Immigration? Happened in a province somewhere in northeast not too long ago.

It's all short, with full respect to each other. A way to solve problems here. What was the drama all about? Thought somebody had a serious question and deserves an honest answer. It's that easy.wai2.gif -

P,S. The guy with the ten year overstay came back to Thailand after only staying for two months in his country of origin.

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Overstay fine at 500thb/day subject to a maximum limit of 20,000thb. This means it does not matter after 40 days of overstay. The fine does not increase.

Just pay before going out of the country.

I just paid the fine 2 weeks back so I'm sure it's correct

Creating a new life from ground zero.

Edited by wolfrunes

Sorry, but visa runs are sometimes not affordable for people living on a small budget.

They better live in their home countries, but not come here and make a bad view from officials to another people of their nationality. Obtaining tourist visas is not a problem at all and 20k baht is eq. of 2 years of visa expenses for example double entrys and extensions.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well said. I do Visa 'walks' 'strolls' or holidays. Neighbouring countries are rather nice too.

Dear OP,

Just use common sense.

Let me answer your question with some questions. Why do all Buddhist Thais got to see a monk, when they have troubles?

Why are monks called "Ajarn". But it seems that you know the country better than others do, do you?

Nobody said that the monk has to lie. Just his presence will be a tremendous and very positive change of circumstances for the OP.

One more question for you.

Why would a foreigner, who had almost ten years overstay, living here for 20 years even bother and take a monk to the Immigration? Happened in a province somewhere in northeast not too long ago.

It's all short, with full respect to each other. A way to solve problems here. What was the drama all about? Thought somebody had a serious question and deserves an honest answer. It's that easy.wai2.gif -

P,S. The guy with the ten year overstay came back to Thailand after only staying for two months in his country of origin.

Why on earth would you suggest getting other people (in this case a monk no less) involved in this? There's no need for it. An overstay isn't the crime of the century and like other people have pointed out, all the OP has to do is buy his ticket and pay the fine at the airport. It's as simple as that.

I overstayed once, only by a few days albeit, and the immigration officer didn't even ask why I had overstayed. I think they're more concerned about the fact that you pay the fine and leave.

• Like 1

this guy I knew in Nongbua overstayed 625 days and had the gall to tell the immigration officer "come on IT WAS ONLY 625 days, almost two years, its ok" Luckily his wife is rather connected up here, so all he had to do was pay the fine. No Black mark, no jail, no more problems

Dear OP,

Just use common sense.

So get an abbot to travel god knows how many hundreds of km's with you, to tell lies about you being sick? Seems like utter madness for something that can just be handled by yourself, with an airline ticket and 20k, and yes I know more than 1 person who has done it without the need for this charade.

If you cannot afford to do visa runs you should not be here in the first place.

why not? Everyone has the right to choose where they want to live and if they want to obey immigration or not. Immigration is just a legalized Mafia. If you want to do visa runs...go for it. That's your choice.