Change workplace

I just changed to a new school and I'll be working there next semester. So my question is 1) am I going to get the usual 1 year visa when I go for renewal or do I have to go out and get a tourist visa first? 2) I have a work permit with the current school, are they going to just renew my current work permit or are they going to issue a new one? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You will need to get a new work permit after the current one is cancelled.

You have a 1 year extension of stay not a visa. On the day your current job ends your extension ends and you need to go to immigration to cancel it.

If your new school could have the paper work ready to get your new work permit you might be able to apply for a 7 day extension at immigration when and get the work permit to apply for a new extension.

If it didn't work out that way you could go out for a new non-b visa with paperwork from new school. If you are a teacher you do not need the work permit application done to get a B visa.

Thank you guys for replying. I thought we have to get the visa extension first before we can apply for a work permit, I've always done it that way since I've been working here. I think the school can get the paperwork ready by next week but my visa expires on april 10. So I still have time

You will need to get a new work permit after the current one is cancelled.

Ubonjoe but the will just notify the new workplace in the old wp, or totally release a new work permit?

In order to have 2 employers shown in a work permit requires that the current employer give permission to do it, There are some work permit offices that will not do it at all. In most cases it will require the current work permit be canceled before a new one can be issued.

Thanks guys. I still need help on the visa extension question though. I'll still have two weeks left on my current visa when I go for the next extension. Do I have to go out first or are they just going to give me the regular 1 year extension?

Per Ubonjoe's earlier post, when your job is finsihed you need to visit labour to cancel the WP and immigration to cancel the permisison to stay.

At that time you can apply for a new work permit with the new school and get a new extension of stay. If the wp is not ready the same day you quit, you can get an additional 7 days from immigration for 1,900 baht.

If you didn't do that you are on overstay!!! (Unless you work for the same employer).

If only a few days immirgaiton might extend after fining you, if longer immirgation might require you to leave the country and apply for a new visa abroad.