Farmers rallying into Bangkok on March 12

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Nature's Wrath" take 2.

At least The Nation etc. can save money by using the old library-pictures of the tractors driving to Bangkok and then driving home again, instead of actually going there to photograph more of the same.

Apart from that minor detail, this whole story is totally sorrowful. I don't know how immune to shame you would have to be to take products from poor hardworking farmers in a developing country, and not pay them for the products in almost a whole year. How do these politicians and middlemen look themselves in the mirror without weeping.

"How do these politicians and middlemen look themselves in the mirror without weeping"

Easily it is second nature to them

Might be about time the farmers got a bit serious instead of pouncing around like big-girls-blouses. They have been lied to and conned over and over by the fugitive and his mouth pieces - time for a change. Fight the corrupt (now) care-taker government and don't back down until either everyone is paid or the care-taker government is no more - gone- finished - kaput, at least they will be no worse-off and stand a chance that any future government or interim parliament come organise at least some money or interest free loans to tide them over for the coming year or so.

In all honesty they should have all the interest they have had to pay on any loans refunded to them.

Why are they returning? The government promised them on more than a few occasions that they would be paid "next week". So someone is lying.

Can fab4, moonao, bluenose codger or any of the Red loving politicos please enter this discussion and explain?

No

• Like 1

I still can't understand why the farmers aren't questioning the decision to give Thaksin 30 billion baht at the same time the farmers' payments were due but didn't receive.

Also why aren't the PDAC doing leaflet drops over the north letting them know this fact?..... I'm sure most of them don't know!!!!

• Like 1

I still can't understand why the farmers aren't questioning the decision to give Thaksin 30 billion baht at the same time the farmers' payments were due but didn't receive.

Also why aren't the PDAC doing leaflet drops over the north letting them know this fact?..... I'm sure most of them don't know!!!!

When did that happen?

Link?

you know what - the farmers should stop listening to all this bullshit and ask the person in charge - oh wait maybe she is only in charge of her shopping - what government ? nothing to do with - me my brother takes to do with all that - he will be back soon I think or if he not come back my uncle bottle lobotomy takes care - sometimes I don't understand him he talks like when on the spin cycle, can I have that big handbag please

Just about sums it up

If they can get their payment soon after coming to rally for a new govt then pls come asap.

The red supporters will not bother much about the farmers plight, whether they die, owe big money to moneylenders, no food for kids, they couldn't care less.

So poor farmers, pls come soon to fight for your rice payment. Don't believe any red leader from your province again.

The red supporters are currently busy building their own army to protect the Ts regime (YL govt).

Farmers are not their priority anymore

The UDD is loyal to Thaksin and not the farmers or any other Thai people. The organization is created and funded by Thaksin to support his interests alone.

• Like 2

Din't the PTP say there were only 3000 farmers awaiting payment?

Or was that yet another PTP lie?

As has been said above, behind this story is the tragedy of real hardship or people not having been paid.

NOT Middle Men keeping the money

NOT Rice Brokers robbing the farmers

NOT Rice Millers paying under the stipulated rate.

This is the PTP failing to pay the farmers - The blame starts and stops at the PTP, Puppet Prime Minster and the fugitive convicted Pup[pet Master.

Time the grass roots of the Red Shirt movement woke up to the reality that the PTP are riding them to poverty and sent their own candidates from their own communities to Parliament.

Assuming the sum owed is 130 billion bht as has been widely reported.

Farmers in our village are owed between 60 and 200k bht.

Using 200k bht per farmer means 650,000 thousand farmers are owed money.

Some sources said there are still over 1 Million farmers unpaid.

Hope they find a way to pay them.

It is a shame.

Btw: In the pic in the OP there are only one person wearing a red Shirt in the crowd.

Interesting.

I used the highest amount owed in our village which still produces a huge number of farmers owed money.

A lower average owed would result in an even higher number so 1 million is easily believable.

Farmers might decide to do the airport scenario again, as it worked so well last time.

All kidding aside, my Swampy flight leaves next week. Actually I would not be very disappointed if I missed it, but it is the last day of my VOA. I stand to lose only 5000 baht, and the recent Air tragedy has me a bit shook up. Never did actually enjoy flying, although I have flown uncounted flights.

Question...if I am prevented from getting to the airport, will the airlines let me reschedule. I am not giving the name of the Airline Company, but I do believe there is a large fee for rescheduling. I just don't know if they will consider waiving that fee if the fault lies with a possible scenario between the farmers and the airport.

OK..I expect many people will post that I have nothing to worry about...that all will be well. This is just an idea floating around. How did airlines manage when Swampy Closed down flights years ago?

I don't know for sure but I suspect that the airport authority is responsible for ensuring that passengers can transit through them to their flights. If they fail (the airport authority) so as to cause flights to go empty then they will have to pay. Same thing if planes need to be diverted. I do believe that is a government department.

Din't the PTP say there were only 3000 farmers awaiting payment?

Or was that yet another PTP lie?

As has been said above, behind this story is the tragedy of real hardship or people not having been paid.

NOT Middle Men keeping the money

NOT Rice Brokers robbing the farmers

NOT Rice Millers paying under the stipulated rate.

This is the PTP failing to pay the farmers - The blame starts and stops at the PTP, Puppet Prime Minster and the fugitive convicted Pup[pet Master.

Time the grass roots of the Red Shirt movement woke up to the reality that the PTP are riding them to poverty and sent their own candidates from their own communities to Parliament.

Assuming the sum owed is 130 billion bht as has been widely reported.

Farmers in our village are owed between 60 and 200k bht.

Using 200k bht per farmer means 650,000 thousand farmers are owed money.

Some sources said there are still over 1 Million farmers unpaid.

Hope they find a way to pay them.

It is a shame.

Btw: In the pic in the OP there are only one person wearing a red Shirt in the crowd.

Interesting.

I used the highest amount owed in our village which still produces a huge number of farmers owed money.

A lower average owed would result in an even higher number so 1 million is easily believable.

"Currently, the government owes about 130 billion baht ($4 billion) to around 1 million farmers nationwide."

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2014-03/04/content_17322589.htm

• Like 1

Farmers might decide to do the airport scenario again, as it worked so well last time.

All kidding aside, my Swampy flight leaves next week. Actually I would not be very disappointed if I missed it, but it is the last day of my VOA. I stand to lose only 5000 baht, and the recent Air tragedy has me a bit shook up. Never did actually enjoy flying, although I have flown uncounted flights.

Question...if I am prevented from getting to the airport, will the airlines let me reschedule. I am not giving the name of the Airline Company, but I do believe there is a large fee for rescheduling. I just don't know if they will consider waiving that fee if the fault lies with a possible scenario between the farmers and the airport.

OK..I expect many people will post that I have nothing to worry about...that all will be well. This is just an idea floating around. How did airlines manage when Swampy Closed down flights years ago?

I don't know for sure but I suspect that the airport authority is responsible for ensuring that passengers can transit through them to their flights. If they fail (the airport authority) so as to cause flights to go empty then they will have to pay. Same thing if planes need to be diverted. I do believe that is a government department.

If I remember correctly they had no intention of creating a problem they were going to be peaceful.

Last time they turned back because they believed that the government will pay them.

How long and how many lies will it take to open their eyes?

Last time was a phony. No body drives a tractor for three days to just turn around. It cost money that they supposedly don't have.

There plan was if Yingluck would not leave her Facebook life they were going to set up a peaceful protest at the airport. Take over no buildings or block business just protest peacefully.

Instead they had a Yingluck flunky come out and say the government is going to pay you so they just turned around and went home.

Who paid for all that fuel? I notice there was no red shirt attempt to block them. Could the money have come through them from Dubai?

I think indirectly that it might have done actually!!

I believe that when Issara (the monk) extricated 120,000 baht out of Thaksin SC hotel that he offered to pay their 40,000 baht fuel costs and put the farmers up in a different hotel with the rest of the money. Not sure if this actually conspired though.

Last time they turned back because they believed that the government will pay them.

Last time was a phony. No body drives a tractor for three days to just turn around. It cost money that they supposedly don't have.

There plan was if Yingluck would not leave her Facebook life they were going to set up a peaceful protest at the airport. Take over no buildings or block business just protest peacefully.

Instead they had a Yingluck flunky come out and say the government is going to pay you so they just turned around and went home.

Who paid for all that fuel? I notice there was no red shirt attempt to block them. Could the money have come through them from Dubai?

I believe that when Issara (the monk) extricated 120,000 baht out of Thaksin SC hotel that he offered to pay their 40,000 baht fuel costs and put the farmers up in a different hotel with the rest of the money. Not sure if this actually conspired though.

The farmers connected with Issara are a different group from the fake farmers that came and made the U-turn. The latter were led by a Thaksin aid.

The farmers connected with Issara are a different group from the fake farmers that came and made the U-turn. The latter were led by a Thaksin aid.

Yes you are right Frank (or Jesse) - as they turned around before they got to Bangkok this situation could not have involved them!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

why the caretaker no give her 45 million jewerlys to the farmers as good will ! she have to take care right ?

Can't do that, it's mine, all mine, I got it all by honest corruption.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app