Phuket Police hunt for suspects involved in decapitation

webfact

Phuket Police hunt for suspects involved in decapitation
Phuket Gazette

1_2014311124016875_BEwEgIIrjFrkFozPUudwa
Police investigate the jungle area where the body and severed head of Mr Kyaw were found. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police are hunting for five men who allegedly beheaded their co-worker and dropped the severed head and body in the jungle near the San Chao Phor Suea Shrine on Patong Hill on Sunday night.

The head of 21-year-old Myanmar national Wai Phyo Kyaw was found near a clump of banana trees. His decapitated body was discovered about two meters away.

“We were notified of the incident yesterday at about 2pm by Mr Kyaw’s girlfriend, 21-year-old Stwe Stwe Yu,” said Nucharee Longkaew of the Patong Police.

Patong Police officers and Kusoldharm rescue workers rushed to the scene near the shrine.

“We found Mr Kyaw's head,” said Maj Nucharee. “Two meters away, we saw a hand sticking out of the ground, so rescue workers started to dig.”

The police then questioned Ms Yu, who told them that Mr Kyaw was talking with a group of co-workers after they had finished work that night.

“Mr Kyaw had a violent argument with five of his colleagues, and the men attacked him. Ms Yu reached out to protect Mr Kyaw from a knife and her hand was slit,” explained Maj Nucharee.

“She ran to villagers for help, and was taken to Patong Hospital to receive treatment.”

Ms Yu returned to the scene Sunday night, but could not find Mr Kyaw.

“She contacted the police yesterday morning, but officers were unable to find him,” said Maj Nucharee.

Later that day, Ms Yu went to the shrine to look for her boyfriend.

“She was shocked to find Mr Kyaw’s head hidden in the trees. She informed us immediately,” added Maj Nucharee.

Police are continuing their search for the suspects, but declined to release their names.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Phuket-Police-hunt-for-suspects-involved-in-decapitation-27808.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-03-11

“She contacted the police yesterday morning, but officers were unable to find him,” said Maj Nucharee.

But she went back and found his head!

Congratulations to the police, but what do you expect when female police do searches wearing high heels in the junglew00t.gif

RIP to the man and hope his killers will soon be apprehended and punished.

Edited by Costas2008

This is a sad story and RIP to the man murdered.

Unfortunately there is a minority of Burmese people in Phuket who are bad to the bone and unfortunately they will always ruin things for the majority. It wasnt that long ago Burmese people in Phuket were not allowed out of their camps after a certain hour - no mobiles and no motor bikes. These kind of incidents will only strengthen the argument for that to be re-established.

Unfortunately there is a minority of Burmese people in Phuket who are bad to the bone and unfortunately they will always ruin things for the majority. It wasnt that long ago Burmese people in Phuket were not allowed out of their camps after a certain hour - no mobiles and no motor bikes. These kind of incidents will only strengthen the argument for that to be re-established.

Yes, a very sad story especially considering the victims partner attempted to stop the altercation but was unable to. Even worse that it was she who also found his head, something no doubt which will rest with her forever.

I find it appalling that the names of the accused are witheld, but the name of the victims are openly used miltiple times in the article. A disgrace for any press organisation.

I wonder though, how do we know that the colleagues were Burmese, and not one of these slave driving groups of Thais who employ the Burmese and Nepalese because they will work longer, harder and for less than most (if not all) Thais? This kind of altercation could have come from bullying and pressure at work by this group. Simply saying the offenders were Burmese and that it may stoke anti-Burmese feelings within Patong is unfair.

Just remember, not so far away people are being shot, beheaded and bombed every single day, Thai on Thai, in a no holds barred fight for control - who says this is different in any way?

The details lack and so we speculate.

But she went back and found his head!

Congratulations to the police, but what do you expect when female police do searches wearing high heels in the junglew00t.gif

RIP to the man and hope his killers will soon be apprehended and punished.

What makes you think that the female police officer was involved in searching the jungle? Or do you just want to grab another opportunity for an unjustified dig at Thais?

I wonder though, how do we know that the colleagues were Burmese, and not one of these slave driving groups of Thais who employ the Burmese and Nepalese because they will work longer, harder and for less than most (if not all) Thais? This kind of altercation could have come from bullying and pressure at work by this group. Simply saying the offenders were Burmese and that it may stoke anti-Burmese feelings within Patong is unfair.

The details lack and so we speculate.

Because the girlfriend presumably knew who her boyfriend's friends were and what nationality they were?

The details seemed not to be lacking at all and the only one speculating so far is you.

Because the girlfriend presumably knew who her boyfriend's friends were and what nationality they were?

The details seemed not to be lacking at all and the only one speculating so far is you.

I have read the article here as well as several other articles. None of the articles I read mention the girlfriend identifying the colleagues as fellow Burmese.

Have I missed something here? Or am I being shot at because I challenged your opinion of the article?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by TheGhostWithin

I can think of some people of other nationalities that are just as bad.

Why slag of only Burma

I can think of some people of other nationalities that are just as bad.

Why slag of only Burma

I don't see where monkey4u is slagging of Burma? I quote: "a minority of Burmese".

That there are other nationalities that have bad people is true, but this article is specifically about Burmese....