Western Women Coming to Thailand Looking for Love

BookMan

WRT the OP, I don't see this happening so much.

It's possible that Thai men in general just aren't all that great, whatever the factors for that may be I won't speculate. But anyone who buys into the TG telling-you-what-you-want-to-hear "Thai man no GOOD!" is just silly.

The other is that women tend to be less exclusively-oriented toward superficial physical relationships - at least to the point where they're less likely to travel to the other side of the world for them, it's a lot easier for them to find them back home if they like. I know as a cute teenager I was happy to service older "cougars" out in the bar scene even those in their 40s when they were still attractive, got lots of experience quickly that way.

So although I can imagine it happening to some extent, what I actually see is women here for other reasons getting together with occasional Thai guys, but more often fellow westerners that haven't completely gone bamboo.

Can't stomach them myself personally, but that works out since they don't want me either 8-)

Of the handful of Western women I know in Thailand, one is single (her ex was also Western) and the others all all in happy, long-term marriages with Thai men.

I don't want to over-generalize, but with these couples, each Thai man is educated, speaks excellent English, and has a good job. I would say that where the reverse is true and the Thai woman married to a Western guy is educated, speaks excellent English, and has a good job, those marriages might tend to have a higher success rate than where a Western man marries a much younger woman who cannot speak his language nor has much in common with him.

Of course language, age, and education are not the only factors in a happy marriage, but when those align, I think the chances for a happy marriage are greater.

Happy marriage is one thing, doesn't mean it has to last very long.

"Successful" to me is more the former than the latter.

I thought sex tourism was illegal ?

I believe only when the main purpose is targeting underage girls.

I'd certainly like to be corrected if any jurisdictions have this on the books for just regular mongering.

So would they be classified as sex tourists ?

You do like labels don't you?

We prefer "romantic traveler".

Edited by wym

You mean the thread was not meant to discuss Thai male physical characteristics vs African males? Funny how many posts on that topic so far? Have you cautioned them about being on topic? Or how about Thai male gambling and fidelity? Is that on topic? How many on that topic so far? Just another Thai bashing trawl.

There have been a few jokey posts but the majority have been sensible, with a few, quite thoughtful and well articulated.

So far only one aggressive troll like poster trying to stir things up. That would be you.

Don't let yourself get drawn into a flaming match Mr Bookman, you are only going to get drawn into his trap.

• Like 1

My Sister, should she ever leave her Husband of 20 years + (and George Clooney / Antonio Banderas were otherwise occupied) she would quite happily slip off into the setting sun with either her Thai Dentist or her Thai Hairdresser.

Of those two ... the Hairdresser might be more of a fling. He's not gay ... and a snappy dresser.

I don't see it happening on a large scale. For some reason western women in general tend to find asian men aesthetically less appealing when compared to western men finding asian women attractive.

Some Thai men can appear more sensitive and attentive to a womens needs with less machismo which western women may find appealing but the downside is these same men can be over-possessive to the point of smothering hyper-jealousy.

Cultural differences will usually kill off most relationshps that is why inter-racial relationships will never be common and we're not even talking about the parents getting along thing yet.

I think its great if women who are in their 40's or 50's can find companionship but with that market already quite limited in their home countries I think it will be even more restricted abroad.

My only concern is opportunists and gold diggers so tread carefully especially whenever dealing with someone much younger.

Edited by smileydude

The only western women I know of that had Thai boyfriends ended up very disappointed or single mums.

The ones you've known,,,,

kurnell is also the one who wanted a slave for hire in another thread posted a few months ago, say no more...

It was an obvious troll post of the worst kind because it was sneaky.

thailiketoo, just recently you said there were 4 Trolls here ... naming me as one of them (I could toddle off and find the quote ... but you remember it, I'm sure).

So, if BookMan, a member with over 7,000 posts is also a Troll ... please name the other two.

There's a good chap.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705513-thaivisa-is-no-fun-anymore-full-of-trolls-whackos-haters-and-mogs/page-6#entry7549363

No Bookmans onto something here..

Was talking my neighbour in the village about this, he mentioned that Dutch ladies age typically in their late 40s or 50s are taking Thai tours in search of younger Thai men.

He was considering starting a business up from Holland to cater the growing demand.

One thing I have heard is that there are plenty of Thai men who find Western women attractive for one reason or another.

A lot of Thai guys are not confident with their English skills so become 'shy' in approaching western women.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No Bookmans onto something here..

Was talking my neighbour in the village about this, he mentioned that Dutch ladies age typically in their late 40s or 50s are taking Thai tours in search of younger Thai men.

He was considering starting a business up from Holland to cater the growing demand.

I thought sex tourism was illegal ?

In the 80's it was normal practice for middle aged European women to tread the "Shirley Valentine" route.

As a bloke I openly admit that the main reason I came to Thailand was that I couldn't get any further from my ex wife.... without NASA's help! smile.png

Seeking guidance to uranus is a novel approach.

You misinterpreted that. Sex tourism is only illegal, when "practised" on Uranus. Jupiter might be an exception.

I don't see this becoming a trend.

Western women don't like asian men. Studies on dating sites have shown that asian men are the least succesful profiles, despite having above average education and employment.

Also, women tend to marry up, or at least wish they could find a husband with a social status equal or better to theirs, and wealthy enough to be able to provide long term for the family. Such men exist in thailand, but the rare ones that aren't married yet have access to a pool of incredibly beautiful women. The competition would be fierce to say the least.

Obviously I'm making a general statement, there will always be the cougar looking to score a young beach boy, the backpacker in for a holiday romance or the rare open minded expat woman finding the equally rare open minded thai man, but it will never become an industry like for the western man/asian woman association.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

»What are the chances of Thailand seeing an increasing influx of Western women looking for love, Marriage, sex or companionship?

The system works well for thousands of Western guys so why not women?«

Believe it already works, if the women go to the right places…

“Love (& marriage)” you may find anywhere in LOS…

“Love, Marriage, sex or companionship” a lot of women already find – and have found for long time – at Koh Phangan and Koh Samui…

EDIT: In the soi where I live at Koh Samui, I believe there are living as many Thai men with farang wife/GF, as farang men with a Thai wife/GF…smile.png

Edited by khunPer

Most older western women visit Gambia for romantic holidays.

Isn't this a kind of fantasy popularised by 1970s French erotic films?

Tens of thousands of western women make the fantasy a reality every year.

I personally know one 70 year old lady who visits the Gambia 3 times a year for up to a month each time.

She crams suitcases full of presents for the locals and 25 year old boyfriend.

She is treated like a queen and enjoys her remaining years growing old disgracefully.

Many younger women visit also, seeking "romance".

Finding an educated Thai man who can provide financially, emotionally and physically for a western woman is very difficult hence the very small amount of relationships you see.

Well, I have been here a decade or more and I know exactly one Western lady that used to be with a Thai man. It ended miserably him gambling her money and mutual home. She did not find him from bar. After that she left to her home country.

I suppose if there are successful, good-looking, educated Thai men, they will be very sought after by Thai females. This is pretty male dominated culture, anyway.

Other things come to mind like if the Thai is not very good in languages (or the lady in Thai) so how they can share feelings and thoughts? I mean, to ladies these more than to most men, I guess.

And then there is the SIZE issue. Asian men are usually smaller and Western ladies quite big. Whatever ladies say that size doesn't matter, I don't believe it. tongue.png

I believe that Thailand is paradise to a Thai male that has things going for him. Why would he look for elsewhere? Thai ladies on the other hand have several issues like when the first guy dumps them, they very likely are damaged goods in the eyes of Thai men. Western guys don't usually think like that.

Just my thoughts.

Women looking for love in a foreign country is not new, old women seeking for young and even young women as well is very common, some are even accompagnied by their male compagnion or legitimate husband. Most are not looking for husband or long term relation. As long as it is among consent adults in their privacy and they can afford for it. I cant see where this is disturbing!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

one 7 day holiday given, refering to woemn as "bitches" is not acceptable in any arena & anyone thinking it is ok proves only their own ignorance.

And on that note, the topic is closed.