Missing MH 370: Help from Shaman must be in line with Islam

webfact

MISSING MH 370
Help from Shaman must be in line with Islam

x30228927-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xrLBsf
Ibrahim Mat Zin (centre) a well known local bomoh, who came to the KL International Airport on Monday.//the Star

The Malaysian government welcomes any help to trace missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 including from "bomohs" (shamans) so long as their methods do not contravene Islam, said Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom.

"We appreciate all help...but where it comes to mysticism, the methods used must conform to Islamic teachings," he told reporters after attending the 35th National-level Quran Recital Programme here on Monday.

The programme was opened by Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim, Bernama news agency reported.

Jamil Khir was commenting on the case of Ibrahim Mat Zin, a well known local bomoh, who came to the KL International Airport on Monday, claiming to be invited by one of the country’s top leaders, to help locate the missing plane using spiritual methods.

Ibrahim after performing a prayer at KLIA’s entrance said he thought the plane was still in the air or had crashed into the sea.

MAS Flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers, including two infants, and 12 crew, went missing en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing about an hour after taking off from the KL International Airport at 12.41am Saturday. It should have landed in Beijing at 6.30am but is still missing without any trace till now.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BfgaY1OWGm.
-- The Nation 2014-03-11footer_n.gif.pagespeed.ce.1fzrZTJkPQ.gif

Ibrahim after performing a prayer at KLIA’s entrance said he thought the plane was still in the air or had crashed into the sea.

brilliant!

I can confidently also say that they are either dead, or they are alive.

I clearly have the same psychic abilities as the shaman

• Like 1

brilliant!

I had to laugh at that as well, something out of a comic book, I'm pretty sure that TAT would make a statement along those lines as well...facepalm.gif

The bumiputras of Malaysia would give anyone at TAT or other government offices in Thailand a dam_n good run for their money.

• Like 1

Ibrahim after performing a prayer at KLIA’s entrance said he thought the plane was still in the air or had crashed into the sea

Obviously a promising career ahead as a consultant.

If it were not so serious it would be gut bustingly funny. I am not sure I would be responsible for my actions, if, as one of the relatives, I was sat waiting waiting waiting at the airport and these guys started dancing around and came out with that statement as part of the search and rescue plan. I have always pondered on what it really means to be living in a third world or 'developing' nation. This type of incident defines it blink.png

239 lives lost..

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

........and one plane incredibly - in today's technological world where nothing seems to be beyond the realms of impossibility, how and earth can they lose an airliner????

Mystifying!!!!

Fill your boots folks. Forget radar, forensic science and an international air and sea search and rescue attempt. This is how you find a lost aircraft. The Malaysian Airports Authorities Directors heads should role for allowing this!

or how about this:

Much cheaper than clearly sending out people to do a physical search. Comforting to know if you made it to a life raft and the sharks are circling your slowly sinking boat that these f***wits will have you out the water in no time, hell they even practice the canoe bit.

As mentioned by others above, In the last video the guys says

""During my prayer, my eyes hurt and my vision turned black. I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea."

Excellent, that narrows it down a bit. Need to take him on as a Hedge fund manager.

• Like 2

Malaysia denies link to plane-search hocus pocus

KUALA LUMPUR, March 14, 2014 (AFP) - Malaysia, under fire over its fruitless search for a missing airliner, on Friday denied it had hired a prominent Muslim shaman to stage bizarre rituals seeking divine guidance in the hunt.

An official religious watchdog in the Muslim-majority country also said it was sending personnel to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to prevent further occurences.

The rituals, captured in photos and videos that went viral and sparked ridicule for adding a farcical element to the grave situation, were staged this week by self-described faith healer Ibrahim Mat Zin.

On Wednesday, Ibrahim, 80, directed three assistants wearing business suits to sit on a tapestry as they lifted objects including large green coconuts over their heads.

"Regarding the presence of a 'bomoh' or shaman at KLIA, we would like to categorically state that neither the government, nor any of its agencies, had any role or involvement in the shaman's presence at the airport," a government statement said.

Occult activities are banned by religious authorities in Malaysia as "un-Islamic" but many people still consult "bomohs" or shamans to seek supernatural help in personal matters and health issues.

Malaysia Airlines flight 370 went missing early on Saturday with 239 people aboard. A huge international search has failed to turn up any concrete sign of the plane's fate.

In another incident on Monday, Ibrahim's assistants held a traditional wooden fish trap in the air while he looked at it through two bamboo poles in a rite intended to seek clues to the plane's whereabouts.

Ibrahim initially claimed "high-ranking government officials" invited him to perform the rituals, media reports said. He later retracted that, saying he acted on his own.

A spokeswoman for an official watchdog in charge of policing Islamic practices confirmed to AFP its personnel were now patrolling the airport to prevent more such rituals. She declined further comment.

National news agency Bernama quoted a religious department official Hardi Sadali as saying: "We have advised (Ibrahim) not to perform the rituals like the ones he performed. If he persists, we will take action."

A YouTube video of the fish-trap ritual received more than 300,000 hits.

"This is way too much. Please have a little decency for the people who are suffering," said one of many critical comments posted in response on social media.

As in many parts of Asia, a belief in the supernatural remains widespread in Malaysia, a vestige of its pre-Islamic times hundreds of years ago.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-03-14

With all the research the USA did on remote viewing (all very secretly, so no one would suspect they were army) you'd think they might drum up some of their 'psychics' and let them have a shot at locating the plane........

No different than what happens in Thailand!

Now, next time you make yourself comfy in a planeseat your thoughts might stray to that voodoo-bloke rattling with dried elephant nuts ...

you might realise the guys in the cockpit might not just party a little - now who wants to throw the first stone, at least they're awake, that's just dandy - but they might as well truly believe in mambojumbo of the likes ...

and that's about when you would get the strong gut-feeling of not only beeing in the effin' wrong place but at the effin' wrong time either ...

Edited by jollyhangmon

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

With all the research the USA did on remote viewing (all very secretly, so no one would suspect they were army) you'd think they might drum up some of their 'psychics' and let them have a shot at locating the plane........

But that program was closed down many years ago.

• 4 weeks later...