Make model year VS. Registration year

farang254

Can anyone please tell me how bikes are bought and sold here.

For the year of the bikes, are they sold using the registration year or the year it was actually made? Have talked to a guy about a zoomer z that is 2012 made but 2013 registered. Please help. thanks

In all the bikes and cars I bought here. I notice that they always up the year on the sales info. When I check the book it usually shows a years older. Just another small way of scamming the buyer. Smoke and mirrors my friend, TIT

Not a scam or a farang only thing. The DLT is physically unable to register a vehicle for a year other than the one it is being registered in. Thus the model year will often actually be one year older than the book says, sometimes even two years. Right now I have a bike that I am told is a 2012 model, but the book says 2014 (2557).

• Like 1

Last new bike that I bought, I bought it in December, they did everything in Jan so the bike is 2011 rather than 2010.

Will never need or bother to sell it but if so would advertize as a 2011 as that is what is in the book.

I think some smaller dealers put off registering bikes until they have sold a lot and can do big bundle of them together, or maybe it is somethign to do with keeping the money in their account as long as possible before informing the main company and paying them, but some people can wait months and months for a book from a dealership when others get theirs quickly.

Last new bike that I bought, I bought it in December, they did everything in Jan so the bike is 2011 rather than 2010.

Will never need or bother to sell it but if so would advertize as a 2011 as that is what is in the book.

I think some smaller dealers put off registering bikes until they have sold a lot and can do big bundle of them together, or maybe it is somethign to do with keeping the money in their account as long as possible before informing the main company and paying them, but some people can wait months and months for a book from a dealership when others get theirs quickly.

are you sure the green book says 2011? Likely it will say 2011 in thai somewhere, but im sure you can see the model year is a 2012. right? is it wrong to advertise a bike for the register year instead of model year?

You seem to have difficulty understanding simple written English.

In another post you indicated you needed help finding a shop for cheap new scooter tires.

What next? Someone to help you find a 7-11?

• Like 1

You seem to have difficulty understanding simple written English.

In another post you indicated you needed help finding a shop for cheap new scooter tires.

What next? Someone to help you find a 7-11?

Do you just troll on here or what?

Edited by farang254