BKK-Bank ATM card can be used out of Asia ?

I have a BKK-Bank savings-account since many years, but in daily life I rarely used it, if so then mostly for small purchases or deduction of my electricity-bill.

It is basically a simple ATM card with a VISA sign on it, but it is of course no credit card.

As it happened, I have a much bigger amount as usual on this account at the moment, and I will need this money for an extended journey to North and South America. Has anyone recent experience if you can withdraw money with that simple ATM card with Visa sign anywhere in the US or Mexico or Ecuador or Colombia or or or..... the alternative would be to withdraw all money and carry a lot of cash with me, which of course I want to avoid.

On the other hand I do not want to run into trouble because I cannot withdraw cash anymore (I still have a credit card from my home country which i could use, but interest rate and fees are high and the limit is not, well, not unlimited.....).

thanks for any sound advice ;-)

My Bangkok Bank Be 1st VISA debit card has always worked reliably in ATMs around the world, however making debit card payments at merchants has been another story - very hit and miss. I would say declined more than accepted. Certainly, in any country where PIN (as opposed to signature) identification is mandatory (e.g. the UK), Thai debit cards are unlikely to be accepted for merchant payments.