• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

Foreigner and sunscreen - Work permit

Hi,

What are the rules and regulations on foreigners to own/being partner in a company manufacturing sunscreen?

Lets say that the person owns/are partner and sits in the management team, and not does any work in the production.

Is it possible to obtain a work permit that allows to be in the management team (let's say managing director) and being allowed to do sales presentations/events in the field as well?

I would like to hear some feedback and thoughts as I find it difficult to understand how these prohibited occupations are defined.

Thanks in advance.

That I'm aware of.

I was more thinking: is it possible to obtain a work permit to be managing director that also allows to do sales presentations and such events?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes why not, as long as its part of your job description on the WP can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be granted one

I'm just curious due to the occupation restrictions and where the line are drawn.

Well the easiest way have a look at the published list of prohibited occupations and if your job ain't on the list then you should be good

As Soutpeel says there are restricted industries and restricted occupations.

Industry wise you should be ok.

MD usually gives you a wide remit to get involved in what you want. So wouldnt restrict your job role in practice.

Dont see any issues for MD of a sun lotion co.

Dont forget the whitening cream additive :)

Cheers Fletch :)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is excatly why I asked. Cosmetics are listed as prohibited.

Allow to ask this question , if this is true how is Unilever operating in Thailand then ?

Are you sure your not getting confused when they cosmetics they mean the application there of ? ie make up artists etc, if memory serves hair dressing is a restricted occupation as well

Some how don't think this extends to the manufacturing of cosmetics

Edited by Soutpeel

That is excatly why I asked. Cosmetics are listed as prohibited.

Do you have a link to where you're looking? I don't remember manufacture of cosmetics being in any of the lists.

Appendix1 of the attached doc lists the restricted businesses/industries;

Appendix 2 is the occupations and professions

http://www.boi.go.th/english/download/business_analysis/26/foreign-investment-laws.pdf

Cheers

Fletch :)

Thanks for the useful replies, guys.

It dosen't say anything about manufacturing cosmetics. Should have noticed that... So yeah, I guess that running a beauty saloon with me being the "artist" dosen't work, but me manufacturing the cream used are all legal.

Thanks for the inputs.

• Like 2