Bt2tn bill ruled unconstitutional

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 9-member Constitution Court today reached a majority vote to rule that the controversial 2-trillion baht loan bill is unconstitutional.

The court said the loan bill was illegally revised in its content breaching Articles 169 and 170 of the Constitution, and also in the passage procedure.

Ruling of the Constitution Court came after more than four hours of meeting of the 9-menber panel. Each of the nine judges will present their written statement to the media late this afternoon.

The Constitution Court also accept the petition of the Ombudsman to rule whether the February 2 general election is void or not.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/31333/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=31333

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-12

He guys, this news calls for a celebration………..

Just found a few more bottles of Chalerm's ear drops, which he lost while being undercover in Luphini park, so Cheers and join the party (invited people only allowed wearing red underwear cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good call by the court. Now let's hope the decision is respected by all sides. thumbsup.gif

Sadly not a chance I think. The appeal will be slapped in by the end of the day if not within hours. Yingluck will want lawyers to check the 'legality' of the ruling.

I am grateful to the court for saving my great grandchildren from paying off this monstrous unnecessary loan designed to secure the Shinclan dynasty.

I was under the impression that constitutional court ruling is final and binding to all. So not much choice about it. Now it would be nice to impeach the MPs who voted this nasty bill through.