McDonald's Thai says it filed police complaint over cockroach claim

webfact

Last year I bit into a piece of glass in a piece of toast made from a piece of S&P bread. It nearly out a tooth but I stopped biting just in time and luckily spat it out. I sent a complaint to S&P by email and followed up a couple of times but they never replied. I now realise I should have put it YouTube to get their attention instead of being so polite. Anyway I have never bought any of their products or eaten in their restaurants since then. They obviously have poor quality control and couldn't care less about their customers as long they are getting money out of them.

post-23829-0-37939100-1394724108_thumb.j

post-23829-0-89796700-1394724117_thumb.j

post-23829-0-79768100-1394724124_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The spout on those machines isn't big enough to dispense a cockroach. It must have been added post-dispensing (either by the server or customer, this remains to be known).

Good point about the machine.

My theory:

She bought the ice cream, and took it into the theater, ate it and enjoyed it. She set the container on the floor beside her seat when she was done with it.

Two hours later when the movie is over, she picks up the container to take it to the trash and finds that the bug has crawled into the container to feast on the sticky leavings in it.

You gotta figure that the average cool dark Thailand movie theater is heaven for cockroaches feasting on dropped popcorn kernels, spilled drinks etc.

She freaks out and rushes back to McD's after the movie to complain; after all she was eating it in a dark theater and might well believe the bug was there in the first place because she didn't see it until she walked out to the brightly lit theater foyer.

The only flaw in my theory is a Thai person picking up the empty fast food container to put it in the trash. No Thai ever does that.

Could also have been a dead cockroach in the box of tubs - the ice-cream squirted on top by an typically bored and unobservant server. Never had a bug from Mc's (but only eat the fish burgers anyway), but had two once in the same Hor Mok in a swanky(ish) restaurant here in Chiang Mai - wasn't charged for the Hor Mok (but still charged for everything else - and not even an apology - just a, "we no charge that one - OK?" - "yeah dam_n right you ain't!")

I think the best point so far is that you couldn't get a cockroach through the nozzle.

Makes whole thing impossible.

Mcdonalds probably has some of highest food standards in Thailand with it being westernised and a franchise.

Highly sucpicious for any thai to complain about such a thing

I worked in Mackie-Dees when I was a wee school lad of 16 back in the UK. Just weekends and Friday nights (until I dumped it - cramping my teenage style and all that) as I was still at school. One Saturday morning at open, we found water running down the walls in the kitchen and swamping the floor. The toilet had started leaking upstairs under the floor. The manager had several people assigned to mopping the kitchen during the day - they stayed open for most of the busy day (even though you could smell it was not clean water coming down as the day progressed and people used the toilets) - the "restaurant" was in a very busy shopping area in a town centre in a London Borough.

Conversely, I used to own a restaurant in the UK almost 20 years ago. It was a Thai place, and due to that I had a number of friends in the business. We frequented each others places from time to time - but also got to know staff from a lot of the Chinese and Thai places in town (London). Sop many of these places paid off the health inspectors that came around, for big money!. A few serving girls I knew (both Thai English students) from a well known (to Londoners) Chinese restaurant not far from Harrods (towards China Town) told us once that every morning they had to wait in the restaurant for the owner to come and clear the kitchen of mice/rats (not sure which - Thais use the same word for both). One morning it turned out that a duck had been left out - and as the chef went about trimming it (to remove nibbled nits) he disturbed a couple of rodents that had set up a nest inside - the duck was scraped out and trimmed, but still used in shredded duck meals that day (rat piss and all!).

It happens everywhere in the world - and I would rather trust Mackie's than a local restaurant any day (if only I could stomach the crap they serve!)

I was cruising Sukhumvito and saw Ronald McDonald standing doing a Thai wai on the sidewalk near a gang of shemales so I guess he is trying to say sorry the Thai way

Ronald is so cool and hip if the roach was a small one I might believe but a giant roach in a Sundae?

tumblr_inline_mi1otly4jq1qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by Dumu Ali

good point is the cocroach can not pass throught the sprout, possible.

But after this it can be anything.

Maybe this folk felt sleep in the cinema and the cockroach get inside the ice cream, possible because thais use to buy stuff and don´t eat it quickly.

They use to carry for long time the ice cream or coffee or whatever they buy, before eat it.

And we can´t forget there are cockroaches everywhere in the land.

It would be credible If she should find the cockroach while eating the ice cream in the shop instead of coming back after hours to complain.

As she was at a Cineplex, and returned 2 hours after buying an ice-cream, it's certainly possible she went to watch a movie. Bought the ice-cream before going in with the intention of eating it while watching the film, found the cockroach, but watched the end of the movie before taking it back to complain.

Just a thought, it obviously needs investigating, but it is plausible.

Well it would stay cold as the cinemas are about the temperature of the ice-cream.

But would you detect a roach in the darkness?

I suppose a smoothie would make you suspicious but a chocolate chip and raisin would be savoured!

Not sure that a 100% beef is used in hamburgers, note heard some "home bread worms" are cultivated and used in some of the hamburger for protein or horse meat blended into the beef.

Horse meat is superior to beef, I wish there was a little pony burger on the menu. Yummy!

That "worms" urban legend goes back decades. If I recall correctly, McDonalds pointed out that worms cost more per pound than beef, so why would they use worms? I think I would prefer horsemeat also....

Surely, after 2 hours it would not be ice cream anymore, And anyone that has lived here for more than a few weeks, knows that any food left on the floor would be spirited away by either a cockroach or an army of ants within a few minutes.