Buying Hardwood Furniture in Ubon Ratchathani

ChrisB87

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy lots of nice wooden furniture in Ubon to kit out the new home. But i don't know where to look.

I have been to all the major home places, such as home 'home pro", "home hub", and "Thai Wastsadu etc etc" but they don't have much good quality hardwood stuff.

I know this type of thing is usually found on small rural roadside shops or big annual conventions, but i am not so sure about Ubon.

So i'm basically just looking for some inside knowledge on where to find this kind of thing in Ubon. I would even be open to a carpentry place which makes it to order.

Thanks in advance for any tipssmile.png

We recently were looking at some very nice, large, solid wood carved pictures for an empty wall in our house - see attached photo.post-176603-139461853453_thumb.jpg

In talking to the proprietor of the store, he told us that while he had the money to buy this kind of stuff, there was a real shortage of wood here in Thailand.

I don't know if the pertains to wood furniture or whether or not it is even true, but he did tell us this while making small talk after we had already purchased our piece, for whatever that is worth.

P.S. We are in Korat.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by SpokaneAl

2 places to look in Warin. On the ring road drive past central mall, the Mun River turn right on the Sisaket road drive 100 feet on right. The second place is Galad Sei market, ring road and Det Udom road. Towards back of market, but you can drive thru.

If married to a thai, you hide in car for a better price.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Chris almost forgot my favorite furniture store TSF. Sisket road and loop but head towards Sisket, third store on right. Any kind of furniture you want.

• Like 1

Chris almost forgot my favorite furniture store TSF. Sisket road and loop but head towards Sisket, third store on right. Any kind of furniture you want.

Cheers smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

Marty

I assume you have had good luck with them.

I just asked them to measure my kitchen for a full kitchen. They told me I needed to pay 3000 baht.

If I didn't buy the kitchen they would let me use the 3000 in the store.

It turned me right off.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If kitting out a whole house it may well be worth a short holiday to Chaing Mai province. Whole villages dedicated to selling and carpenting hardwood furniture with delivery fixers on tap. You will never get the range of tastes and quality in Isaan I fear.

Or wait until Songkhran or the Candle festival, when there will be furniture vendors all around the city park/Tung SI Muang, and plenty of interesting stuff to see..............................wink.png

And you might get a good deal buying some more stuff.

If kitting out a whole house it may well be worth a short holiday to Chaing Mai province. Whole villages dedicated to selling and carpenting hardwood furniture with delivery fixers on tap. You will never get the range of tastes and quality in Isaan I fear.

Have to agree. We'd bought some nice stuff in CM and you won't find that anywhere else.

Another option might be to buy stuff from Cambodia, some Thais pay the customs to bring over whatever you want.

Have to agree. We'd bought some nice stuff in CM and you won't find that anywhere else.

Another option might be to buy stuff from Cambodia, some Thais pay the customs to bring over whatever you want.

sirchai is correct on both suggestions. Chiang Mai/DenChai furniture that you buy for 6000 baht is sold for 14,000 baht in the Surin/Ubon area. I bought 50K of furniture out of DenChai and it was delivered to Kap Choeng for 7k.

sirchai is correct on both suggestions. Chiang Mai/DenChai furniture that you buy for 6000 baht is sold for 14,000 baht in the Surin/Ubon area. I bought 50K of furniture out of DenChai and it was delivered to Kap Choeng for 7k.

Your lady must haggle, and farang nowhere to be seen....................smile.png

• Like 1

Your lady must haggle, and farang nowhere to be seen....................smile.png

on

No I just said &*(%^ Off. Should of seen their face drop. They get one shot with me and the wife is the same way.

Mike sorry for the late reply. Alway had good luck at TSF. Alway had my own messurements though.

Marty thanks for responding.

Looking around the store I can see they have some good priced furniture.

How are they with after sales problems?

Mike

Cannot answer that. Have yet to have a problem after sale. But would guess that like most Thai businesses after sales support is poor. Don't think its part of the Thai culture.

The advantage is prices are marked. No 50% more for a big white boy. When I bought my Sealy Posterpedic Presidential did get matress covers pillows and sheets free. Quality is high for the price you pay. Only place in town I've seen true Laz i boy recliners. US furniture is double the price due to import tax.

Mike sorry for the late reply. Alway had good luck at TSF. Alway had my own messurements though.

I found them really good. I had an office chair break and they fixed it free of charge and delivered me and the chair home also for free.

We spent about 40,000 baht in there once and they gave us free delivery 100+kms away.

I found them really good. I had an office chair break and they fixed it free of charge and delivered me and the chair home also for free.

We spent about 40,000 baht in there once and they gave us free delivery 100+kms away.

That's good to know! Thanks Memock.