Transportation Siriraj / Mahidol

newbie0001

Pier 10 or Wang Lang. Big orange tourist boat is the best route.

If too hot you can extend the sky train to Wong Wian Yai and jump in one of the many, many taxis that are usually waiting.

What's the travel time from taksin bts to wang lang/pier 10 by boat?

Taksin BTS station. Take tourist boat to the hospital for about 40 baht.

Or take the river taxi for 15 baht. Same loading dock at Taksin except get in line behind the kiosk. Buy ticket onboard. I find the tourist boat takes longer because of the pauses for tour info, longer lines getting on and off, etc., especially at Tha Tien and Tha Chang (Wat Po and Palace) stops. All river taxis -- no matter the flag colour -- stop at Wang Lang (Siriraj), Pier 10. The river taxis can be quite packed though at times.

Edit: travel time. Never timed it but give yourself at least 30-40 minutes from waiting for the taxi at Sathorn/Central Pier (Taksin) to arrival at Siriraj. Then you've got a bit of a 10-minute walk in very dense pedestrian/traffic/vendor conditions to Arun Amarin St. if you're going to Out Patient Dept. (OPD).

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Taksin BTS station. Take tourist boat to the hospital for about 40 baht.

Or take the river taxi for 15 baht. Same loading dock at Taksin except get in line behind the kiosk. Buy ticket onboard. I find the tourist boat takes longer because of the pauses for tour info, longer lines getting on and off, etc., especially at Tha Tien and Tha Chang (Wat Po and Palace) stops. All river taxis -- no matter the flag colour -- stop at Wang Lang (Siriraj), Pier 10. The river taxis can be quite packed though at times.

Much appreciated! What's the schedule like for river taxi? once every hour?

use what you always tell we lack; Brains-to think, like from where. Tipically responders will think its start from Nana or somewhere around..

The tipical farang seems married to trains and boats. He forgets above that BTS is already extended onward from WWyai-as far as bang Wa.

For Mahidol: tell WHAT-as there are many locations. The big uni-campus us way out of BKK proper, some 20 kms, and can be reached by citybvs nr 515 from Vict. Monument, 556 from current Kong Salak or 84 KOH from Bang Wa-or even WWgYai BTS-there are also some direct vans from there at start times. Buses have no times-they stop where they stop and come when they come. There are many more buses from other parts of BKK.

Mahidol can also be reached for the real aficionado's of the iron tracks by train- some local all stops at nearby Sala Ya, from the new Thonburi stop-or around, or connect from the Bang Son shuttle. This will not save any time nor money.

Trying to find your actual place IN Srirat will likely cost you much ore time as the boatride to there.

use what you always tell we lack; Brains-to think, like from where. Tipically responders will think its start from Nana or somewhere around..

The tipical farang seems married to trains and boats. He forgets above that BTS is already extended onward from WWyai-as far as bang Wa.

For Mahidol: tell WHAT-as there are many locations. The big uni-campus us way out of BKK proper, some 20 kms, and can be reached by citybvs nr 515 from Vict. Monument, 556 from current Kong Salak or 84 KOH from Bang Wa-or even WWgYai BTS-there are also some direct vans from there at start times. Buses have no times-they stop where they stop and come when they come. There are many more buses from other parts of BKK.

Mahidol can also be reached for the real aficionado's of the iron tracks by train- some local all stops at nearby Sala Ya, from the new Thonburi stop-or around, or connect from the Bang Son shuttle. This will not save any time nor money.

Trying to find your actual place IN Srirat will likely cost you much ore time as the boatride to there.

I don't really know what your point is but my instructions are from a Bangkok Thai and I have now done the trip four times by boat. I prefer the waterway since it's largely unobstructed compared to stop and go buses. Siriraj hospital and Mahidon university grounds are right outside the docks. You walk west to Arun Amarin St. Along the way are numbered "gates", really they're entrances to the uni grounds. As you walk west, you start passing hospital buildings. OPD can be entered from behind, the last "gate" or subsoi before the big Arun Amarin intersection, or from this street itself, essentially the front entrance.

You shun the idea of trains. But what is the BTS but a train!

I will say to the OP, that it would be best to have a Thai-speaking friend along. It will save a lot of time because not all internal signs are in English or even point in the right direction.

I don't really know what your point is but my instructions are from a Bangkok Thai and I have now done the trip four times by boat. I prefer the waterway since it's largely unobstructed compared to stop and go buses. Siriraj hospital and Mahidon university grounds are right outside the docks. You walk west to Arun Amarin St. Along the way are numbered "gates", really they're entrances to the uni grounds. As you walk west, you start passing hospital buildings. OPD can be entered from behind, the last "gate" or subsoi before the big Arun Amarin intersection, or from this street itself, essentially the front entrance.

You shun the idea of trains. But what is the BTS but a train!

I will say to the OP, that it would be best to have a Thai-speaking friend along. It will save a lot of time because not all internal signs are in English or even point in the right direction.

Thank you. I will try google map/pinpoint Arun Amarin st. and see its whereabout in relation to the dock before heading out.

Still need to know what the departure schedule is like from Taksin dock. Is there a website for ferry timetable?

Edited by newbie0001

I am not sure about departures, but there's many taxis and I have waited about 15 minutes sometimes. If you have an 11 am appointment, get to the dock about 9:30. Gives you time to find your way around. I can't tell you much but I do know where OPD is and Siriraj's private hospital, Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun. It's like Siriraj's Bumrungrad. However, I really recommend a Thai speaker accompany you, if you can manage it. I didn't but did have one do all the calling.

I am not sure about departures, but there's many taxis and I have waited about 15 minutes sometimes. If you have an 11 am appointment, get to the dock about 9:30. Gives you time to find your way around. I can't tell you much but I do know where OPD is and Siriraj's private hospital, Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun. It's like Siriraj's Bumrungrad. However, I really recommend a Thai speaker accompany you, if you can manage it. I didn't but did have one do all the calling.

what's the travel time between Taksin pier and Wang Lang by river taxi (not tourist one)?

Thank you. I will try google map/pinpoint Arun Amarin st. and see its whereabout in relation to the dock before heading out.

Still need to know what the departure schedule is like from Taksin dock. Is there a website for ferry timetable?

http://www.chaophrayaexpressboat.com/en/services/index.aspx#timetable

Frankly, once you were given the basic mode and route you could have easily have found out the answers to many of your later queries. I know that is can seem like a confusing and anxious trip but the reality is that tourists do the BTS and river ferry everyday.

Part of the learning is the trying. Jump on the BTS to Saphan Taksin, walk down to the pier and take any boat as they all stop at N10. Expect around 20 mins travel time. You can't go wrong.

You'll be fine.

• Like 1