PDRC deluded in thinking it has the upper hand

webfact

As distasteful as it might be to both tribes the sooner they talk face to face without inflammatory rhetoric the sooner the present impasse will be resolved. The real challenge will be finding people from each side who aren't going to reduce a meeting to a petty slanging match.

But the Caretaker PM does not want to talk to Suthep unless the electorate cannot see/hear what she says. He asked. She said NO! The electorate after all this mutual name calling wants to hear for themselves what the truth is, and I do not blame them This is the digital democratic age. Something this important to Thailand should NOT be behind closed doors. 3 x 1.5 hour debated between the two of them Monday Weds & Friday nites 8pm next week on National TV. And if either of them is asked for information they do not have with them, that nite, they have 48 hours to produce it on Weds or Fri or the electorate will draw it's own conclusions.

Oh. I just answered my own conundrum. That is why she won't do it!

She has not and will not do any thing with out word from Dubai. If she was to agree to this I would have her searched for communication devices.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The PDRC have never had the upper hand, what they have shown is that a lot of people do not like either the PTP or the Shinawatra family, there are also the silent ones who don't wish to be shot , blown up or bashed , that sit a home and say nothing,as that could lead to repercussions , , the PTP track record indicates that they will dig their own grave eventually and become a spent force within Thailand , there followers just have to wake up , people do get pissed off eventually at being ripped of, including Rice Farmers.coffee1.gif

Yes, there's a lot of people who don't like the Thaksin party and don't like Thaksin, but a lot of those very people don't actually love or like Abhisit and the Democrats !

And this is democracy, you've got to vote for one of the parties that exists, and that party has to actually be there at the next election. All of us bang on about democracy, but some people (I'm not saying you're one of them) don't want to accept that the number of Thais who love Thaksin is greater than the number of Thais who love Abhisit and the Democrats. That's why, I reckon, Thaksin will be in power for as long as we see elections in Thailand.

You are over looking the fact that Suthep is proposing a government reform. This would include reform of the election process. No more vote buying no more supervised voting no more ballot box's being left over night where any one could get to them and change the votes. In short as honest an election as possible. There of course would be the false election promises from all parties. That is some thing that each and every party would have to consider them selves. They could look at the miserable failures the PTP has had and consider more deeply what they are going to promise.

There was a wonderful psychological assessment of the state of the nation a couple of weeks ago in TVF I forget who wrote it but I think I can find a copy somewhere. Others will have the link anyway. It defines the process tracking a nation from feudalism to democracy. The nation (well large chunks of it anyway) is still in the "local strongman" phase. This essentially means "My despot is nastier than your despot, but he is MY despot and therefore I believe his lies and prefer him to your despot." (the devil you know etc.) This mental state has links to the Stockholm Syndrome where hostages begin to empathize with their captors. In fact it probably is the original situation and the Stockholm syndrome is probably a throwback to the feudal strongman situation. It will unfortunately take some time for the Thaksin worshipers to see the wood for the trees.

But lots of constitutional court decisions against the behaviour of the current government (all right Caretaker Govt) will eventually sway the more open-minded and a domino effect will eventually prevail. It will take time but eventually a majority of the national constituent will become sophisticated enough to make it harder for large scale graft and criminality to prosper unchecked. This will however, NOT create a democratic Utopia. You cannot create an idiot-proof society because idiots are so-damned ingenious.

• Like 1

P.S. And Suthep is doing his best to prepare the electorate for this collective attitude change among Thais. 4 months of constantly ventilating the issues. Many Dems log into Redshirt TV from time to time to see what they are saying and the reverse is no doubt true. Large jolts of awareness/ attitude change accompany every outrageous utterance of secession or applause at child murder. Not to mention nearly everything Chalerm & a few others have to say. Thaksin knows this and it scares him to death. See: "Mr T meets MP's in Beijing."

• Like 1

In addition, the number of anti-government protesters has also dropped dramatically, as the rally has become a long drawn out battle.

If nothing else comes of this, we have learned one true thing. Peaceful protesters coming to get a meal, listen to some speeches and enjoy the company of other like minded people will begin to stay away when grenades are being lobbed at them. Nothing surprising in that, the only really surprising thing about it was the uncannily accurate prediction by Chalerm, that it would happen.

This being Thailand my guess,again,is that within 1 to 2 years a party either still PTP or simply under another name will be voted in to power- again.

This being Thailand In 2 to 3 years a disruptive influence will create havoc with the country yet again.

This being Thailand.

• Like 1

There was a wonderful psychological assessment of the state of the nation a couple of weeks ago in TVF I forget who wrote it but I think I can find a copy somewhere. Others will have the link anyway. It defines the process tracking a nation from feudalism to democracy. The nation (well large chunks of it anyway) is still in the "local strongman" phase. This essentially means "My despot is nastier than your despot, but he is MY despot and therefore I believe his lies and prefer him to your despot." (the devil you know etc.) This mental state has links to the Stockholm Syndrome where hostages begin to empathize with their captors. In fact it probably is the original situation and the Stockholm syndrome is probably a throwback to the feudal strongman situation. It will unfortunately take some time for the Thaksin worshipers to see the wood for the trees.

But lots of constitutional court decisions against the behaviour of the current government (all right Caretaker Govt) will eventually sway the more open-minded and a domino effect will eventually prevail. It will take time but eventually a majority of the national constituent will become sophisticated enough to make it harder for large scale graft and criminality to prosper unchecked. This will however, NOT create a democratic Utopia. You cannot create an idiot-proof society because idiots are so-damned ingenious.

Endemic for sure, accidentally ingenious maybe.

The Kow Tow mindset has long held the country back from entering

the 21st century in a substantive way other than commercially.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

It is about time that all the current politicians, from all camps will receive political bans for life, and all the parties, because all of them are corrupt be dissolved.

It is time that a new generation of Thais are stepping up the plate and take over and reform the way Thailand is governed.

In my 14 years in Thailand, from which I spent many years in Thai schools and with Thai students from all walks of life, I often tried to provoke them to create their own opinion, which was rather challenging for me, because most young Thais are told by their parents and teachers how to think and react on situation, and that's why politics in this country is still in the hands off the powerful, and not the educated or the people who need representation in the government.

But over the last few years a new generation of smart young students have been coming out from the schools, and many of them have started to make promising careers in the private sector.

If we could blow away all these corrupt parties and their politicians and let a new generation take over politics, the country might get back on track, but if we fail to kick these old politicians out, only a new generation of croocks will enter politics and the country will plunge even deeper in the shit the PT, Dems, and all other gangland maffia clans have created for years.

In some western countries (not the USA, thats not a democracy) all these politicians would have been locked up for being a member of a criminal organization.

So all said and done, it's time to have another sip of Chalerm's ear drops, so Cheers guys and dolls and enjoy your day...wai.gif

It's nice to know that writers still do exist who miss the mark so profoundly as this one does. It's best to start to with the premise of the article - that the PDRC is thinking it's coasting towards victory. They may or may not. But it really doesn't matter what the PDRC thinks. That's not the issue. Again, this has nothing to do with the PDRC. The predicament Yingluck and Pheu Thai face would be precisely the same if every last protester left the streets, and the only people who inhabited Lumpini Park would be those pedaling a duck boat serenely with their partner. The courts are what this is all about. The constitution is what this is all about. There are two assumptions, though, posed in this article that give the game away in terms of political affiliation. This is one of them :

" The public perception is that the Constitutional Court is an adversary of the government, especially after several rulings on charter amendment were not in favour of the government camp. "

This is a Pheu Thai assumption. It is also dangerous, because it suggests - as Pheu Thai suggests - that the Constitutional Court's rulings have been tainted by political considerations - which they have not. But if the writer believes that, that's OK, but don't hide behind it with the phrase " the public perception ". The second instance is that the writer devotes all of one sentence to Article 7. It is dismissed out of hand with the astonishing words :

" There is no legal avenue for an appointed government under Article 7, unless the law is interpreted differently. "

For those who are reading that sentence again and again, there is good reason for that. It doesn't make sense. But it comes down to this - Article 7 exists. It's in the constitution. It has to be dealt with. Period. For a journalist to be as perfunctory in dismissing articles in the constitution is to be as dismissive as Pheu Thai has been. That's Chalerm's specialty. Although admittedly, Pheu Thai go one step further - by trying to get six Constitutional Court judges impeached. Perhaps the writer of this article can tell us what the international community thinks of that ?

The PDRC have never had the upper hand, what they have shown is that a lot of people do not like either the PTP or the Shinawatra family, there are also the silent ones who don't wish to be shot , blown up or bashed , that sit a home and say nothing,as that could lead to repercussions , , the PTP track record indicates that they will dig their own grave eventually and become a spent force within Thailand , there followers just have to wake up , people do get pissed off eventually at being ripped of, including Rice Farmers.coffee1.gif

Yes, there's a lot of people who don't like the Thaksin party and don't like Thaksin, but a lot of those very people don't actually love or like Abhisit and the Democrats !

And this is democracy, you've got to vote for one of the parties that exists, and that party has to actually be there at the next election. All of us bang on about democracy, but some people (I'm not saying you're one of them) don't want to accept that the number of Thais who love Thaksin is greater than the number of Thais who love Abhisit and the Democrats. That's why, I reckon, Thaksin will be in power for as long as we see elections in Thailand.

You are over looking the fact that Suthep is proposing a government reform. This would include reform of the election process. No more vote buying no more supervised voting no more ballot box's being left over night where any one could get to them and change the votes. In short as honest an election as possible. There of course would be the false election promises from all parties. That is some thing that each and every party would have to consider them selves. They could look at the miserable failures the PTP has had and consider more deeply what they are going to promise.

"You are over looking the fact that Suthep is proposing a government reform. This would include reform of the election process." Okay, is it really the case that the number of Thais cheering on Thaksin is less than the number of Thais cheering on Suthep ?? :)

"No more vote buying no more supervised voting no more ballot box's being left over night where any one could get to them and change the votes. In short as honest an election as possible." I think we've seen on TV on many previous times where basically, most people agree that the 500 baht payment to voters to vote for Thaksin or Abhisit didn't make that much of a difference. As in, the impact of the 500 baht payment was very small. And it appears to be that most international observers accept that most of Thaksin's election wins were 'fair'.

How about we accept that most Thais are poor, and the Thaksin party constantly wins elections because (well, they say so !) basically, they use tax money (mostly paid by the elite and middle-class) to subsidise the rural and urban poor. The rural and urban poor know this, that's why most of them vote Thaksin. And yes, Abhisit's party will never attract the rural and urban poor, that's because it's a party that represents the middle-class and the interests of Thailand's elite (groups that make up a minority in Thailand). Off-course, if you pay a fair amount of tax, well, you might say "why is my tax money being used to subsidise people who have less money than me ?". It's your right to say that, and it's your right to vote for a party that will NOT use tax money to subsidise the poorer members of society.

So yes, the elite and middle-class represent the bulk of the country's capital (money) but they represent a minority of the population. Now, in a democracy, it's all about 'do you represent the single biggest voting group or block'. :)

• Like 1

PDRC ...clueless. Whistling grannies have gone home weeks ago, leaving a few loathsome elves guarding the "leaders"

AND ??? Yingluck/PTP have gained ground, ??? because of the whistling grannies, your treasured party have now to face the music.

Power to the whistling grannies, long live the whistling grannies.

When all is revealed by the court action it is your leaders that will need all the protection they can get----unless they do the norm---A RUNNER.

But as seen the courts have no power... Why is Suthep still on the run and not having his day in court? Oh sorry your honour, will turn up when I have finished blowing my whistle na khrap... The judicial system needs to be fair to all parties. As it stands, it is a total and utter mess. Accountability, is not a word that Thais in generally speaking relate to very well.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

It's nice to know that writers still do exist who miss the mark so profoundly as this one does. It's best to start to with the premise of the article - that the PDRC is thinking it's coasting towards victory. They may or may not. But it really doesn't matter what the PDRC thinks. That's not the issue. Again, this has nothing to do with the PDRC. The predicament Yingluck and Pheu Thai face would be precisely the same if every last protester left the streets, and the only people who inhabited Lumpini Park would be those pedaling a duck boat serenely with their partner. The courts are what this is all about. The constitution is what this is all about. There are two assumptions, though, posed in this article that give the game away in terms of political affiliation. This is one of them :

" The public perception is that the Constitutional Court is an adversary of the government, especially after several rulings on charter amendment were not in favour of the government camp. "

This is a Pheu Thai assumption. It is also dangerous, because it suggests - as Pheu Thai suggests - that the Constitutional Court's rulings have been tainted by political considerations - which they have not. But if the writer believes that, that's OK, but don't hide behind it with the phrase " the public perception ". The second instance is that the writer devotes all of one sentence to Article 7. It is dismissed out of hand with the astonishing words :

" There is no legal avenue for an appointed government under Article 7, unless the law is interpreted differently. "

For those who are reading that sentence again and again, there is good reason for that. It doesn't make sense. But it comes down to this - Article 7 exists. It's in the constitution. It has to be dealt with. Period. For a journalist to be as perfunctory in dismissing articles in the constitution is to be as dismissive as Pheu Thai has been. That's Chalerm's specialty. Although admittedly, Pheu Thai go one step further - by trying to get six Constitutional Court judges impeached. Perhaps the writer of this article can tell us what the international community thinks of that ?

Nothing due to its ambiguity, hence the writer only writes a one liner. The fact that it exists does not by any means, mean it can or will be implemented and does the International Community care? No.. There are higher and more dangerous threats to the world then Thai politics. The only way it will care is if there is a huge spate of violence that none of us could ever wish for. Scamper your intellect is evident, though a common sense approach to this item has yet to be discovered by the Thai people. I do enjoy your thoughts though on a serious note. Very insightful.

PDRC ...clueless. Whistling grannies have gone home weeks ago, leaving a few loathsome elves guarding the "leaders"

AND ??? Yingluck/PTP have gained ground, ??? because of the whistling grannies, your treasured party have now to face the music.

Power to the whistling grannies, long live the whistling grannies.

When all is revealed by the court action it is your leaders that will need all the protection they can get----unless they do the norm---A RUNNER.

But as seen the courts have no power... Why is Suthep still on the run and not having his day in court? Oh sorry your honour, will turn up when I have finished blowing my whistle na khrap... The judicial system needs to be fair to all parties. As it stands, it is a total and utter mess. Accountability, is not a word that Thais in generally speaking relate to very well.

Thais aren't very keen on rules, let alone laws.

I do not condone airport shutdowns, but I did not see too much thugs in operation re yellows in their fling.

I have seen in this sporadic violations during these protests.

Nothing compares to the RED mob intimidating rule starting with the 2010 burning, they themselves brought out the army to uproot and look what they did in retreat.

Look at the whole picture, would you like this regime to carry on--or a fresh start ??? reforms before an election to rid the election of cancerous elements.

Ridiculous thought but why not let the people decide?

The courts have to decide for the people, because most do not understand right from wrong. Not so ridiculous, are you are amongst the populous that fall into this section. ????

Thais and the farang PDRC supporters alike have for a hundred years believed two wrongs make a right and no Thais have been more active in pursuing this confounding malady than the elites. Violently cancelling an election as the PCRD set out to do cannot ever improve or correct imperfect democracy. The CC enforcing a coup written and army imposed constitution further compounds the contorted belief that many wrongs make matters right.

Something wrong at times with you red lovers. You still do not get the gist of what it's all about.

It's about getting rid of a cancerous regime who are unable to run a country as promised.

Because a poster is not favouring the said government, does NOT mean he is all behind Named top protesters.

I have gone along with anyone that comes along to get rid of this mess--yes the awful mess before Suthep came on the scene. Your violence shout is crazy when you condone this red regime--joke

There is no democracy in this country -face up to it. The Shins do not stand for democracy--only self greed.

Courts are good and bad here as seen in Thaksins antics. so don't fall into the trap they are after YS and PTP. but they are here so lets see what happens --happy beliefs.

The OP dares to make an exceptional statement so it can be expected that he gets confronted by sharp exception among those who fail to comprehend his points. Realism is in short supply among the neofeudalists who have persisted unrelentingly and unrepentantly as they march around in circles.

The facts are progressives in Thailand can be comforted that, despite the many regressive developments that are occurring as neofeudalists and their reactionary forces try to stormtroop democracy, the neofeudalists and their farang advocates have no support internationally, while the government can and does draw on global support, to include the MSM.

Indeed, Thai neofeudalists and their farang enthusiasts have absolutely no support outside of Thailand. Old Guard Thai elites have isolated themselves from Asean governments and societies, are unable to draw aid or comfort from Apec, get only admonishments or criticisms from the United Nations, and have no allies among the UNSC P-5 and the larger 15-nation membership of the Security Council. No government or governments outside of Thailand have lent any public (or private) support to the Thai neofeudalists. The PDRC, the DP, the army, the judiciary, Thai mass media, the bureaucracy, are isolated from the international community, as are their in-country farang admirers and boosters. Both Suthep and Abhisit have been rebuffed in their few and vain attempts to grab global headlines in sympathy of their unsustainable anti-democracy purposes. Indeed, Thai neofeudalists haven’t consciously attempted to win international recognition or support of their strategies or tactics because the neofeudalists well know their methods and means, goals, purposes, are, by design, inherently antisocial, anti-democracy and therefore unsupportable abroad. The direct consequence is that when the neofeudalists aren’t actively denouncing the democratic world, they simply dismiss it, ignore it.

The opposite is clearly true of the government and its supporters throughout the country. The government has consistently and successfully reached out to the international community, the United Nations especially, and continues to do so on a continuing basis. The government successfully secured the support globally of some 40 democratic governments for implementation of the Feb 3rd election, to include explicit criticisms by many prominent democratic governments of the PDRC’s systematic violence directed at innocent voters during early polling and on election day. Many prominent democratic governments have regularly spoken out against all violence that has occurred since and consequent to the PDRC initiated antidemocracy street insurrection of the past four months. The government has appealed to the UN for mediation but, given the unspeakables of Thai culture, society, civilization, no mediator of sound mind or purpose will involve himself in, or commit herself to, the irresolvable absurdities that are contemporary Thailand. International support of a democratic Thailand has contributed significantly to the government’s ability to sustain itself in office to date.

Global mass media have expressed no support of or sympathy towards the PDRC. Global mass media have instead pointed out the undemocratic or antidemocratic nature of the PDRC’s proposed “People’s Council”, the oligarch appointed membership of which remains unknown to the Thai public or to governments abroad, to include at the UN, and which would inflict so-called “reforms” that many suspect (or are certain) would prioritize implementing new autocratic electoral laws to skew voter qualifications so that 1 person 1 vote would be forever denied to historically displaced voters.

Most global mass media consider Thaksin’s time in office to be a wash at best, his own personal failing, save for the historically significant fact Thaksin recognized the electoral power of the newly awakened peasant population of the country, a mass which constitutes a significant socioeconomic movement and force that rightfully demands political inclusion via democratic means, goals, purposes. The fact Thaksin is in a forced, self-imposed exile abroad also strikes the global MSM as a wash, ie, Thaksin convicted of corruption by the historically and shamelessly corrupt opposing elites is a sanctimonious hypocrisy. Global MSM thus focus on the fiercely antisocial and antidemocratic nature and methods of Thaksin’s autocrat opponents whose street mobs and militant leadership tried to shut down Bangkok and physically assault voters at the polls, and on the fact the now- routed mob leaders suddenly and disingenuously claim a constitutionalism that is predicated on the 2007 coup written, army imposed document.

Farang who support the PDRC and the DP in the nefarious methods, goals, purposes of each, and both taken together, isolate themselves from the international community of democracies and from egalitarian socio-political progress itself. Farang in Thailand have myriad reasons to ensconce themselves in the former LOS, however, it has become clear that a certain number of resident or Thai-citizen farang had essentially abandoned their own society, countries, culture of democracy, in favor of discredited philosophies or ideologies that their progenitors defeated as long ago as in World War II. These certain farang who have self-relocated to Thailand are what their democratic forebears fought successfully against to defeat.

Well put well thought highly accurate perception...

• Like 1

"This is a Pheu Thai assumption. It is also dangerous, because it suggests - as Pheu Thai suggests - that the Constitutional Court's rulings have been tainted by political considerations - which they have not."
Your statement has zero credibility.
Members of the CC are appointed under provisions written into the 2007 military coup-appointed constitution rewrite committee. If you recall or may have heard, the September 2006 coup was executed against Thaksin Shinawatra. Under the provisions of the 2007 constitution written by the anti-Thaksin elites, the CC in 2008 threw out of office a Thaksin successor PM and, again in 2008, threw out a Thaksin successor government. Or were you on another planet from the time of the coup in 2006 through to 2011 when the present government was elected in another voter mandate - I ask because you omit that the CC declined in 2010 to throw out the Abhisit government for misusing baht 29 million in campaign funds..
To pronounce declaratively and with absolute certainty the CC is absent political considerations, bias, prejudice, would be laughable were it not such a seriously and fundamentally flawed summary proclamation. Judges appoint successor judges, judges participate in appointing members of the not independent agencies such as the NACC and EC among many others - all of this and more of cronyism and nepotism occurs under the present coup written and army imposed constitution.
You are also absolute in your unshakable belief the CC will throw the present caretaker government out of office, and of course you haven't any bias of political agenda when you make this unqualified assertion. You do of course refer to the CC whose members are appointed under the terms of the 2007 coup created constitution and who with their every ruling enforce the army imposed document.
You need to be alerted that you are not addressing the Thai middle classes when you post such incredible statements as the one I quote to discuss in realistic terms. The OP stands head and shoulders above any statement you've made to try to diminish his points.

The courts have to decide for the people, because most do not understand right from wrong. Not so ridiculous, are you are amongst the populous that fall into this section. ????

Thais and the farang PDRC supporters alike have for a hundred years believed two wrongs make a right and no Thais have been more active in pursuing this confounding malady than the elites. Violently cancelling an election as the PCRD set out to do cannot ever improve or correct imperfect democracy. The CC enforcing a coup written and army imposed constitution further compounds the contorted belief that many wrongs make matters right.

Something wrong at times with you red lovers. You still do not get the gist of what it's all about.

It's about getting rid of a cancerous regime who are unable to run a country as promised.

Because a poster is not favouring the said government, does NOT mean he is all behind Named top protesters.

I have gone along with anyone that comes along to get rid of this mess--yes the awful mess before Suthep came on the scene. Your violence shout is crazy when you condone this red regime--joke

There is no democracy in this country -face up to it. The Shins do not stand for democracy--only self greed.

Courts are good and bad here as seen in Thaksins antics. so don't fall into the trap they are after YS and PTP. but they are here so lets see what happens --happy beliefs.

"You still do not get the gist of what it's all about."

I know quite clearly what it's all about..

The virulent campaign to purge forever certain Thai families from Thailand is also onerous in the extreme so it needs to be openly and explicitly rejected by posters here lest TVF start sounding like an echo chamber. The purge mentality is seldom limited to only one targeted group, which is a further cause of concern. The demonizing required to lay the groundwork for purges, i.e., there is no democracy anyway in Thailand, there is only greed in certain families etc is wrong and pernicious. Pronouncing there is no democracy in Thailand certainly makes it a lot easier for the fascists to rampage to destroy it by trying to cancel elections and physically attack innocent voters at the polling stations.

A poster needs himself to declare what he seeks in place of the present government lest it be surmised by default he hasn't any better notions than the purge-minded neofeudalists do.

• Like 1

The virulent campaign to purge forever certain Thai families from Thailand is also onerous in the extreme so it needs to be openly and explicitly rejected by posters here lest TVF start sounding like an echo chamber. The purge mentality is seldom limited to only one targeted group, which is a further cause of concern. The demonizing required to lay the groundwork for purges, i.e., there is no democracy anyway in Thailand, there is only greed in certain families etc is wrong and pernicious. Pronouncing there is no democracy in Thailand certainly makes it a lot easier for the fascists to rampage to destroy it by trying to cancel elections and physically attack innocent voters at the polling stations.

A poster needs himself to declare what he seeks in place of the present government lest it be surmised by default he hasn't any better notions than the purge-minded neofeudalists do.

Your posts are supposed to look quite good but each one is a saga.

I have clearly stated what my idea is. But with you being or trying to be clever with drawn out posts you fail to read other posts and their meaning.

You stick to your idea of what is needed, and that seems to be as is/WAS.

In the UK when putting over a point it is short simple to the point, your posts would have been binned. time is money sagas--boring.

I would be shy when backing a loser, and walk away slowly.

I have clearly stated what my idea is. But with you being or trying to be clever with drawn out posts you fail to read other posts and their meaning.

In the UK when putting over a point it is short simple to the point, your posts would have been binned. time is money sagas--boring.

You need to expand your horizons because concise and to the point isn't only a value in the UK. I anyway don't know why you are trying to nationalize writing styles at the expense of substance or content. Your post also focuses on writing styles without your making any reference to the OP, which strongly suggests you wander.

• Like 1

You need to expand your horizons because concise and to the point isn't only a value in the UK. I anyway don't know why you are trying to nationalize writing styles at the expense of substance or content. Your post also focuses on writing styles without your making any reference to the OP, which strongly suggests you wander.

I like to swap ideas and points of view not read an epic.

All anyone has to do in this situation is follow the money--follow the courts. Then what is left, to reform and have a collection of people other than the Shins involvement to run the job, THEN start an election campaign. So with them out the equation hopefully less corruption.

Not forgetting reform in all areas including courts, with heavy fines/jail for ANY polling irregularities. The biggest problem for Thais to overcome.

My last post relating to the UK- I should have said Government officers, will not read long letters posted to them WE were trained to keep it short and simple.

Edited by ginjag

sometimes what is "better" is just less of what has done so much harm.That , at least, would be a start.

It also believes the caretaker government has lost the support of the international community.

I don't see the international community dancing for joy when PDRC members blocked voting booths and beat-up citizens who were just trying to cast their votes. Or when they beat up taxi-drivers and abduct shoppers, and threatened to kidnap the PM and her family.

This quote above is just desperation masked by bravado, in this case. Mostly the international community wants to see democracy, with voting-rights for all, and an end to mob-rule. This is just good for business, and the international community values a stable peaceful business environment above just about anything.

I do not condone airport shutdowns, but I did not see too much thugs in operation re yellows in their fling.

I have seen in this sporadic violations during these protests.

Nothing compares to the RED mob intimidating rule starting with the 2010 burning, they themselves brought out the army to uproot and look what they did in retreat.

Look at the whole picture, would you like this regime to carry on--or a fresh start ??? reforms before an election to rid the election of cancerous elements.

Ridiculous thought but why not let the people decide?

Mmmmm, the people must simply been protected from themselves eh.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app