2 Million Baht’s worth of counterfeit branded items seized at South Pattaya Mall

webfact

2 Million Baht’s worth of counterfeit branded items seized at South Pattaya Mall

brand-8.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday evening, Region 2 Police and Pattaya Police took part in a raid of a South Pattaya Shopping Mall which resulted in the arrest of 14 vendors and the seizure of over 5,000 fake branded clothing items worth over 2 Million Baht.

Police Colonel Terapon, the Deputy Commander of the Region 2 Special Investigations Unit led the raid at Mike Shopping Mall which is a well-known location for purchasing fake branded items and has been the subject of many raids over the years.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/121418/2-million-bahts-worth-of-counterfeit-branded-items-seized-at-south-pattaya-mall/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-13

Police Colonel Terapon, the Deputy Commander of the Region 2 Special Investigations Unit led the raid at Mike Shopping Mall

Their wives and family will be pleased with the new acquired wardrobe

clap2.gif

• Like 1

An acquaintance of mine recently visited Thailand, and was amazed how much cheaper smart phones were than in Canada.

So he bought one. The keypad was a bit odd though, and the wrong numbers came up when he tried to call someone.

Took it to the S........g repair shop, and was promptly told that he'd just bought himself a genuine fake.

If you are in the country where the original goods are manufactured it is likely that you are buying over-run or slightly substandard goods.

The hysteria comes from the brand-name owners who don't want to lose 700 or 800% profit.

I lived in Hong Kong and bought Versachi shirts at 3 for 10UKP. They were manufactured on the same production lines. by the smae operators using the same fabrics and accessories so to all intents and purposes they were not fake or copies. The only difference was price 3.33UKP in Honk Kong .... 105.00UKP in UK.

Naturally Versachi claimed they were low quality fakes.

If they were low quality fakes why do they still look almost brand new and crisp after 15 years?

It's called capitalism. Producers have the absolute right to protect their goods, sold by their company, in their stores or authorised outlets.

It is up to the producer to decide on the different prices for different markets, whether or not you think profits are excessive. If people think they are excessive, they will not buy the goods.

You seem to suggest that counterfeiting is fine.

Would you be happy flying on an aircraft with a counterfeit turbine fan?

• Like 1

If you are in the country where the original goods are manufactured it is likely that you are buying over-run or slightly substandard goods.

The hysteria comes from the brand-name owners who don't want to lose 700 or 800% profit.

I lived in Hong Kong and bought Versachi shirts at 3 for 10UKP. They were manufactured on the same production lines. by the smae operators using the same fabrics and accessories so to all intents and purposes they were not fake or copies. The only difference was price 3.33UKP in Honk Kong .... 105.00UKP in UK.

If they were low quality fakes why do they still look almost brand new and crisp after 15 years?

I thought that the brand name was versace !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Do you have anything to back up your claims? I think not.

Of course this is all done just for appearance. Notice that all the "perps" have baseball caps on pulled down low to partly cover their faces? The police made them do that because it might seem suspicious if these guys are seen back at Mike's the next day selling the exact same merchandise. "Okay boys, photo shot is done. Pay Officer Somchai 1000 baht and collect your merchandise. Hope sales go well. See you again sometime later when we have a need to make the world feel we are doing something about copying everything and never creating or inventing anything of our own. Sorry for the inconvenience."

in the UK we have the 'crime stoppers' hot line where you can anonymously phone in to report crimes and on occasion following the bust receive a percentage of the take.

if they had such a scheme here i'd be a very rich man... just going for a walk down KSR followed by a trip to pantip then yawarat and an evening visit to patpong...

You wear the same shirt for 15 years?

Still failing at going after real criminals? It's ok..maybe next time.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, especially as the real criminals are extorting tourists daily on the beach just over the road from Mikes.

Pathetic really.

It's called capitalism. Producers have the absolute right to protect their goods, sold by their company, in their stores or authorised outlets.

It is up to the producer to decide on the different prices for different markets, whether or not you think profits are excessive. If people think they are excessive, they will not buy the goods.

You seem to suggest that counterfeiting is fine.

Would you be happy flying on an aircraft with a counterfeit turbine fan?

Understand the concept behind capitalism, thanks for that. But I would much prefer to buy something without excessive mark up by a manufacturer, wouldn't you? And what does a shirt have to do with a turbine fan? Please lets not go down that road.

Someone missed some payments.

Still failing at going after real criminals? It's ok..maybe next time.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We could all save some time and effort if, when a police arrest "news" item is published, they'd just add on the same childish comments.

1. "Missed payments." Ha Ha Ha. Very clever comment.

2. Establish Thai Visa hierarchy of acceptable crimes for arrests and ignore everything else.

MjAxMy0zMTQwN2EwYWYzODA0NjU2.png