pellet gun

Does anyone know where to buy a reliable pellet gun? I have had a couple the last one a Colt 45 replica fired plastic BBs seemed very good but a after firing a couple of clips it would not feed properly it cost me about TB 5,000

I have a real problem with dogs around my house chasing my cats, They chased one off 5 days ago came back last night badly chewed up, off to the vet this morning.

I don't want to injure the dogs just scare them off.

Any info appreciated.

Suratthani, going to get mine next week. When you get to Tesco Surat, turn back towards Samui, shop on left hand side after Tesco.They will also service your old one.

• Like 1

Suratthani, going to get mine next week. When you get to Tesco Surat, turn back towards Samui, shop on left hand side after Tesco.They will also service your old one.

Would it be possible for you to pick me up one at the same time?

I would really appreciate it.

Only getting it to scare / disperse nesting birds . Had one before.Not silly enough to flash it in front of anyone!

Ah - right! More intended towards the OP, Rooo. These are so realistic the temptation might be to show it to your chums. After having blathered on about all of this at length, I felt it might be a wise mention to add that ps at the bottom!

R

I bought mine at the Cambodian Thai border market for 200 bht very cheap compared to buying in Pattaya or even at thew local markets I use it for the same thing when dogs are attacking the rubbish, causes no damage to dog just gives them a bit of a shock

Will try & organise my trip for next week, when I do I will let you both know.

After a couple of years I pulled out my pellet gun and amazingly it works perfectly, maybe the WD 40 that I had squirted into the clip finally hit the right spot,

Can you pm me a photo

I used to buy nice air rifles in uk but the quality here seems to be different

Easier to get real guns

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Maybe just call these guys! tongue.pngbiggrin.png ..... where is Bor Phut? whistling.giffacepalm.gif

IMG_2030.JPG

nah nah nah - it's not a place - that's the noise the guns make when they splat you with paintballs - bor PHUT

(excepting it's the firearms shooting range opposite Macro!)

R

Can you pm me a photo

I used to buy nice air rifles in uk but the quality here seems to be different

Easier to get real guns

I've sent you a PM, O large one . . .

R

Am assuming these will do the same job on cats. Scare them off but nothing life threatening and non skin piercing

A cat's skin is much more delicate and thinner than a dog's. A plastic pellet could do some serious damage!

Am assuming these will do the same job on cats. Scare them off but nothing life threatening and non skin piercing

A cat's skin is much more delicate and thinner than a dog's. A plastic pellet could do some serious damage!

No - it wouldn't. Not in the slightest. You need facts, otherwise you are conjecturing groundless and inaccurate opinions.

Huge difference between airguns firing lead pellets and the airsoft guns designed for "skirmishing".

These little plastic pellets weigh 1/5th of a gram.

Fired into the flesh of a living person from 10 feet away they will just bounce off - sting and leave a red weal, but not break the skin.

Even the more powerful CO2-powered airsoft guns won't break the skin - they are designed NOT to, as they are used person-on-person in mock battles. These guns are limited to one Joule of energy - 0.73 ft. lbs of energy. As a comparison, most small airguns/rifles using lead pellets (weighing typically 1 gram - ie 5x heavier) in Europe are limited to 12 ft. lbs before they are considered powerful enough to need a permit, The airsoft plastic pellets being talked about in this topic would bounce off a cat, even from close range.

To illustrate the point, here is a vid clip of some braindead English teens having some boy-time with a fully automatic BB gun - not one that's just firing single shots.

Painful, but skin intact. And this boy isn't even shaving yet, so no fur to deaden the impact, as with cats or dogs, which also have a lot more sense than teenagers, it seems. (They run off.)

Watch this - it's just so badass, like, awesomely moronic cool, dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO9XVhP1jeo

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 2

No - it wouldn't. Not in the slightest. You need facts, otherwise you are conjecturing groundless and inaccurate opinions.

Huge difference between airguns firing lead pellets and the airsoft guns designed for "skirmishing".

Fired into the flesh of a living person from 10 feet away they will just bounce off - sting and leave a red weal, but not break the skin.

Even the more powerful CO2-powered airsoft guns won't break the skin - they are designed NOT to, as they are used person-on-person in mock battles. These guns are limited to one Joule of energy - 0.73 ft. lbs of energy. As a comparison, most small airguns/rifles using lead pellets (weighing typically 1 gram - ie 5x heavier) in Europe are limited to 12 ft. lbs before they are considered powerful enough to need a permit, The airsoft plastic pellets being talked about in this topic would bounce off a cat, even from close range.

To illustrate the point, here is a vid clip of some braindead English teens having some boy-time with a fully automatic BB gun - not one that's just firing single shots.

Painful, but skin intact. And this boy isn't even shaving yet, so no fur to deaden the impact, as with cats or dogs, which also have a lot more sense than teenagers, it seems. (They run off.)

R

You can buy glass BB's don't know how legal they are to use.

Some BB co2 guns can fire metal BB's and they are legal to buy nopt sure about legal to shoot the metal BBs but whos to know

you can buy air rifles some have been modified and very powerful

One Thai man in samui had an air rifle made from Burma and has a bycle pump to load it and a bb.

shot it at a cocnut and it went through. A coconut in tree

milk cam back down.

Have to shop around. If you know someone that is handy with this sort of stuff. You can buy a standard air rifle and change the springs to fire heavier pellets or BBs

also cross bows are very powerfull but can only fire one shot at a time. infact they are so powerful then whn I fired a bb it sparked as it hit the concret

I did like my air rifles though they were fun and easy

R

You can buy glass BB's don't know how legal they are to use.

Some BB co2 guns can fire metal BB's and they are legal to buy nopt sure about legal to shoot the metal BBs but whos to know

you can buy air rifles some have been modified and very powerful

One Thai man in samui had an air rifle made from Burma and has a bycle pump to load it and a bb.

shot it at a cocnut and it went through. A coconut in tree

milk cam back down.

Have to shop around. If you know someone that is handy with this sort of stuff. You can buy a standard air rifle and change the springs to fire heavier pellets or BBs

also cross bows are very powerfull but can only fire one shot at a time. infact they are so powerful then whn I fired a bb it sparked as it hit the concret

I did like my air rifles though they were fun and easy

Very philosophical - but the point was that lightweight plastic BBs might hurt cats!

It doesn't matter if the BBs are even made of steel. The airsoft BB guns being discussed here have a fixed power. Heavier ammunition (like steel balls) still has the same power pushing them out - because it is heavier it therefore goes slower and does even less damage. The glass/ceramic balls are the same.

Bicycle pump guns are wildly inaccurate, as because they don't have rifled barrels and shoot lead balls, they're only any good with coconut (or dog) sized targets up to about 30 feet away. They are also low power, and typically can only shoot at an air compression of about 300 psi, compared to modern pneumatic (PCP) guns at 3,000 psi. These will shoot a lead pellet right through a cat at 200 feet. Cost of a bike pump gun - 3,000 baht. Cost of a PCP (pre-charged pneumatic) - 40,000 baht over here. No comparison!

But this topic is about scaring off dogs (and cats) with a low-power airsoft pistol shooting lightweight plastic BBs - the above is just FYI - we don't want to stray off topic, do we? ;-)

R

Edited by robsamui

"Oh Big One"..... too funny.... for a new name for Big C...cheesy.gifbiggrin.png

All one needs to scare off pussy cats is a water trigger sprayer.... one squirt does the trick!

My neighbours cats are no longer welcome, since one decided to use my bed as a potty...bah.gifw00t.gif

"Oh Big One"..... too funny.... for a new name for Big C...cheesy.gifbiggrin.png

All one needs to scare off pussy cats is a water trigger sprayer.... one squirt does the trick!

My neighbours cats are no longer welcome, since one decided to use my bed as a potty...bah.gifw00t.gif

Nah - yer missing the point here, I reckon!

Ask yourself - which is the more fun (seeing the end result is the same) - a couple wimpy squirts with a water pistol, or emptying the entire clip of a Heckler & Koch MP5 replica while chasing down the path yelling CLEAR OFF YOU LITTLE BUGGERS?

And for those with tree-bird problems, if a non-fatal solution is sought, MUCH more fun on full auto!

R

Nah - yer missing the point here, I reckon!

Ask yourself - which is the more fun (seeing the end result is the same) - a couple wimpy squirts with a water pistol, or emptying the entire clip of a Heckler & Koch MP5 replica while chasing down the path yelling CLEAR OFF YOU LITTLE BUGGERS?

And for those with tree-bird problems, if a non-fatal solution is sought, MUCH more fun on full auto!

R

Birds can be considered pests in some places