St Patricks day anyone?

CaptainKitty

Just wondering if anything goes on for St Paddy's day in CM? Last year I didn't do anything. I've got my green and all that, just want to find something to do! If nothing then I'll have a Chang or two in Mae Taeng ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

An Irish Breakfast and a few pints of Guinness, or Bailey with Ice, in an Irish pub smile.png To be honest its just a day to party IMO. But paddies day is one of the days I would go for an occasional drink. Not a big drinker though... Thai's haven't a clue what's its about, Lmao forget about it...

• Like 1

Hahahaha nice. Green meat. Yum.

Can someone give me the address of UN?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's in the Old City, but the food isn't all that good though the owner is nice & the Guinness is flowing. Just google "UN Irish Pub" in Chiangmai.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by oz893

It's on Ratwithi Road. Here: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.790515,98.99158,3a,49.5y,325.26h,94.37t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s2FavZAQfXboHp2R8-Qsf4g!2e0

On the food, I think most things are okay, like the sandwiches, and burgers. Pizza also okay.

Don't ever order steak though, unless you bring a chainsaw to cut it. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

It's on Ratwithi Road. Here: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.790515,98.99158,3a,49.5y,325.26h,94.37t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s2FavZAQfXboHp2R8-Qsf4g!2e0

On the food, I think most things are okay, like the sandwiches, and burgers. Pizza also okay.

A good steak, like the best things in life need to be well hung

A good steak, like the best things in life need to be well hung

In Chiangmai, a good Steak is a 'heart attack' in waiting.

Lessor things are more likely of course, like your entire family traveling abroad & suddenly developing bronchitis after just one week in Chiang Mai.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Don't ever order steak though, unless you bring a chainsaw to cut it. wink.png

The breakfast is good also. A bit pricy but a good meal.

Winnie great picture of the Irish Yoga. I think it was poses for the people advanced in it.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

An Irish Breakfast and a few pints of Guinness, or Bailey with Ice, in an Irish pub smile.png To be honest its just a day to party IMO. But paddies day is one of the days I would go for an occasional drink. Not a big drinker though... Thai's haven't a clue what's its about, Lmao forget about it...

"Thai's haven't a clue what's its about, "

I doubt most people know what it's about. Judging from the comments in this thread the common belief appears to be "it's about" getting drunk.

Back in December someone start a post about Christmas in Thailand and it was clear he had no idea what Christmas is (supposed to be) about. He seemed to think it had something to do with giving children toys for some reason unclear to him.

St. Valentine, All Saints, All Souls. Pretty sure the Thai Visa consensus would be that they, like any other day, present an excuse to drink and/or expect someone to give them something for free.

Saint Patrick's Day or the Feast of Saint Patrick is a cultural and religious holiday celebrated annually on 17 March, the death date of the most commonly-recognised patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick.

I doubt most people know what it's about. Judging from the comments in this thread the common belief appears to be "it's about" getting drunk.

Back in December someone start a post about Christmas in Thailand and it was clear he had no idea what Christmas is (supposed to be) about. He seemed to think it had something to do with giving children toys for some reason unclear to him.

St. Valentine, All Saints, All Souls. Pretty sure the Thai Visa consensus would be that they, like any other day, present an excuse to drink and/or expect someone to give them something for free.

Saint Patrick's Day or the Feast of Saint Patrick is a cultural and religious holiday celebrated annually on 17 March, the death date of the most commonly-recognised patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick.

True, but ask anyone at the Saint Patrick Parade in New York and see how many of they thinks about the religious aspect? The same for Ireland.

True, but ask anyone at the Saint Patrick Parade in New York and see how many of they thinks about the religious aspect? The same for Ireland.

I actually thought that years ago the Catholic church had came out with a list of fictitious saints and Saint Patrick along with Saint Christopher were on it.

Been a long time and my mind works differently now. You will notice the only thing I have mentioned was food.

We never celebrated St Patricks day because we`re not Irish.

My father did once say that his father was Irish and in fact I have an Irish sounding surname, but we never mentioned this to anyone else as it may have brought great shame and embarrassment to our family.

Lighten up Chief...

Come Paddy's day back home, we thanked god for the day off work and then went out and got hammered...

Good times.

• Like 2

My father did once say that his father was Irish and in fact I have an Irish sounding surname, but we never mentioned this to anyone else as it may have brought great shame and embarrassment to our family.

You do live a strange life. No wonder you are so negative.

You do live a strange life. No wonder you are so negative.

You`re right, and please don`t mention my Welsh ancestors that`s a really sore point with me.

I actually thought that years ago the Catholic church had came out with a list of fictitious saints and Saint Patrick along with Saint Christopher were on it.

Been a long time and my mind works differently now. You will notice the only thing I have mentioned was food.

St Paddys day has nothing to do with religion, it's about pouring blue bols in your pint to turn it green, then seeing how obliterated you can get before last orders.

So you Sir should be thankful for the Irish, as without your Irish Granddad you would never of even existed or able to post on TVfacepalm.gif

St Paddys day has nothing to do with religion, it's about pouring blue bols in your pint to turn it green, then seeing how obliterated you can get before last orders.

Used to be back home it was about getting a green shake at McDonalds.clap2.gif

So you Sir should be thankful for the Irish, as without your Irish Granddad you would never of even existed or able to post on TVfacepalm.gif

Could never have posted on TV. The Irish have a lot to answer for.

But all joking aside, I can remember as a child my great aunt taking me to midnight mass and we did used to celebrate St Patricks day. Irish Americans they were. And my mother`s family were English Jewish cockneys from the East End. We used to celebrate some on the Jewish festivals as well, although none of my family on both sides were ever religious. The Cohen's and the Kelly's people in our street used to nickname us. Wonderful days with family and God knows how I later ended up here at the bottom of the world.

• Like 1

Prefer to celebrate St George's Day myself. Why pretend to be oirish just to get pi$$ed. coffee1.gif

in other words you will get pissed on St Georges Day..

Doubt it. Just don't feel the need to pretend to be irish. Lots of saint days year round, why make a fuss when it's got nothing to do with where you come from. Let the paddys have their fun, just nothing to do with me.

• Like 1

Prefer to celebrate St George's Day myself. Why pretend to be oirish just to get pi$$ed. coffee1.gif

in other words you will get pissed on St Georges Day..

Doubt it. Just don't feel the need to pretend to be irish. Lots of saint days year round, why make a fuss when it's got nothing to do with where you come from. Let the paddys have their fun, just nothing to do with me.

Oh dear, you have spelt Irish with a small i.

This thread was created by someone who is either Irish or has Irish decent or is just a good ole sport. So why did you bother to take all this effort to come on to an Irish themed thread just to tell everyone being Irish has nothing to do with you?

post-110219-0-07698100-1394809577_thumb.