Electrocuted Monkey Causes Power Cut in Downtown Hua Hin

Electrocuted Monkey Causes Power Cut in Downtown Hua Hin

warnings-what-to-watch-out-for-in-hua-hi

Hua Hin:-- A large area of downtown Hua Hin suffered a major power outage on Wednesday March 12 when a macaque monkey was electrocuted after climbing onto a live electricity pylon.

The monkey had been seen climbing on rooftops near a private residential unit close to Hua Hin’s main municipal offices on Phetkasem Road where it is believed to have become disorientated, seemingly losing its way before being zapped with 22,000 volts from the adjacent powerline.

The tragic accident which occurred between 9.30am and 9.45am saw Hua Hin police and officials from the provincial electricity office rush to the scene where witnesses informed them that a male monkey had been electrocuted.

Officials reported that power restored by 11.30am.

tvn.png
-- 2014-03-13

a male monkey had been electrocuted, then a large area of downtown Hua Hin suffered a major power outage.

Now I understand why the son of one of my friends studied in Thai school that it was a Thai who had invented electricity.

Tragic accident...........?

That is what you get on the highways involving coaches, buses and often children.

Glad to hear that officials of the PEO also rush everywhere. Causing tragic accidents now and again.

Common especially during floods to see snakes and other assorted animals climb up electricity poles and short-circuit wires.

We had a 3 meter python that cut off electricity in the Bangna area for a few hours.

I've found crispy rats in my breaker box several times.

• 5 weeks later...