Yingluck bursts into tears again in Khon Kaen province

webfact

Tearful Yingluck seeks sympathy from opponents

yingluck-13-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawtra today asked for sympathy from opponents after the Constitutional Court ruled that her government’s 2-trillion baht loan bill was unconstitutional, and the opposition Democrat party is collecting 20,000 signatures to remove the entire cabinet from power.

She said that as she had earlier said they were exploiting laws in their hands by pursuing and hunting her daily, how peace could then be restored in this country.

She said her government was ready to comply with the ruling but would need time to study in other details after a full ruling statement is obtained from the court.

She said she would like to seek sympathy, making clear that seeking sympathy was not to defy the laws but merely to call them not to use laws or independent organizations to suspend her right or to strike at their foe.

She said the country has just surpassed what nobody wanted it to happen but also wished not to see the use of laws or independent organizations in the justice system as tool to achieve their goals.

The country now needs unity and works for a balance to live together with peace, she said, adding that if all sides resorted to violence after losing, then we could live difficultly.

She said that she respected different views and would like to see that all Thais could live in harmony and in peace even their views are different.

She said she deeply regretted over the current disunity in the country.

She urged that politics should not be used as tool to overcome one another but should use it to strengthen unity and create checks and balances.

Never try to use checks and balances to confront each other, she said, adding that Thailand has repeatedly experienced such circumstances throughout the past 7-8 years with unending cycle.

However, with mercy, sympathy and pardon, she hoped there would be some space left for somebody else to live, and all mechanism could still function.

She said society will check and if anyone is found to be bad and harmful to the society, “I firmly believe they will be condemned by the Thai people and they can never live by themselves in the society.”

She said it was not the time right now to say upset or not upset, but it’s the time to work together, to try together to create peace in the country.

When she was asked why politicians and anti-government protesters have so much hatred on the Shinawatra family, tears coming out of her eyes. She then replied in shaking and trembling voices that the question poster should ask himself and she was reluctant to answer.

She said the Thai society and all the Thais could have their own judgment if the Shinawatra family is really meant what they said.

She asked if they did not want Thai people to live together or if they did not want any member of the Shinawatra family to remain in this country.

This is the question that should be asked, she added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tearful-yingluck-seeks-sympathy-opponents/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-13

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawtra today asked for sympathy from opponents after the Constitutional Court ruled that her government’s 2-trillion baht loan bill was unconstitutional, and the opposition Democrat party is collecting 20,000 signatures to remove the entire cabinet from power.

She said that as she had earlier said they were exploiting laws in their hands by pursuing and hunting her daily, how peace could then be restored in this country.

She said her government was ready to comply with the ruling but would need time to study in other details after a full ruling statement is obtained from the court.

She said she would like to seek sympathy, making clear that seeking sympathy was not to defy the laws but merely to call them not to use laws or independent organizations to suspend her right or to strike at their foe.

She said the country has just surpassed what nobody wanted it to happen but also wished not to see the use of laws or independent organizations in the justice system as tool to achieve their goals.

The country now needs unity and works for a balance to live together with peace, she said, adding that if all sides resorted to violence after losing, then we could live difficultly.

She said that she respected different views and would like to see that all Thais could live in harmony and in peace even their views are different.

She urged that politics should not be used as tool to overcome one another but should use it to strengthen unity and create checks and balances.

Never try to use checks and balances to confront each other, she said, adding that Thailand has repeatedly experienced such circumstances throughout the past 7-8 years with unending cycle.

However, with mercy, sympathy and pardon, she hoped there would be some space left for somebody else to live, and all mechanism could still function.

She said society will check and if anyone is found to be bad and harmful to the society, “I firmly believe they will be condemned by the Thai people and they can never live by themselves in the society.”

She said it was not the time right now to say upset or not upset, but it’s the time to work together, to try together to create peace in the country.

When she was asked why politicians and anti-government protesters have so much hatred on the Shinawatra family, tears coming out of her eyes. She then replied in shaking and trembling voices that the question poster should ask himself and she was reluctant to answer.

She said the Thai society and all the Thais could have their own judgment if the Shinawatra family is really meant what they said.

She asked if they did not want Thai people to live together or if they did not want any member of the Shinawatra family to remain in this country.

This is the question that should be asked, she added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tearful-yingluck-seeks-sympathy-opponents/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-13

And as usual one comment contradicts comments she has made a minute before and in this case contradicts things she said yesterday.

Yingluck, for your own sake as well as for Thailand it's time to move on.

"She said that as she had earlier said they were exploiting laws in their hands by pursuing and hunting her daily, how peace could then be restored in this country.".

So because Ms. Yingluck says so and because hunting Ms. Yingluck daily we will have no peace in Thailand? Somehow I wonder if Ms. Yingluck doesn't overestimate her value in all this.

• Like 1

Nice archive photo Thai PBS. I find it hard to believe there wasn't a camera or a smart phone on when Yingluck "burst into tears" or tearfully asked for sympathy.

Then your ignorant, very ignorant, the n/s divide has nothing to do with the shinawatra's, take a look at the history and how this country came together as one, then the insurgency duing the indo-china wars.. this conflict is about the traditional elites in bangkok and their followers angry that they had lost power due to democracy.

I honestly believe if all Shins and their cronies all disappeared from Thailand the country could actually be repaired. As long as they are here this hatred will continue forever.

bs if shins left 90% of hate would go

I do not think that that sort of questioning is reasonable, the Shinawatra family are an established good family and I have no argument with any of them and I do not wish to see them kicked out of Thailand, the current caretaker P.M. Yingluck is way in over her head, taken for granted by not only her ministers but also her brother and should never have consented to such a stupid idea,, Yingluck' duty is to herself and her family first , to do the dirty work for her brother was a big mistake , Yingluck must make a call , if the present circumstances are not to her liking she must decide, her brother or Thailand, she can never have both, Thaskin has not only screwed Thailand big time he has done other damage as well within the family unit.

And almost all of the Shinawatra family are deep, very deep into corruption. (Maybe excluding Yinglucks son).

Don't worry by the age of 16 he will probably get a degree in corruption from the University of Montenegro.

Regarding her last performance: Was the Arthur Hamilton song "Cry me a river" ever considered to be a national anthem in any country yet? Copyright shouldn't be an issue here.

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 2

Then your ignorant, very ignorant, the n/s divide has nothing to do with the shinawatra's, take a look at the history and how this country came together as one, then the insurgency duing the indo-china wars.. this conflict is about the traditional elites in bangkok and their followers angry that they had lost power due to democracy.

I honestly believe if all Shins and their cronies all disappeared from Thailand the country could actually be repaired. As long as they are here this hatred will continue forever.

I think this is correct, the Shins just took the genie out of the bottle, and if they were to disappear people in the N and NE would still feel the same about the Bkk elite that ignored and sidelined them for so long.

Exactly. The hatred of the Shins is just putting a face on their [bKK elites] disdain for the common Thai population that they consider beneath them by birthright under the omnipresent Sakdina. The elites hate Thaksin for not trampling on the common Thai like they have and by not doing so, Thaksin has caused the elites to lose face. Everybody knows where that leads, to Lumpini Park.

• Like 1

Trying to buy more time to make a four course meal on the corruption cafe menu.

i-m-cooking-the-books.jpg

• Like 2

The Defence Minister is crying again it's not good for the soldiers' morale.s

It seems to be contagious

If Suthep was crying, what was the reason?

The tears were actually from laughing so hard after watching Barbie perform once again and cry on cue.

I don't agree. I'm not a fan of the clan, but there will be another person or family or party which is just as bad to take their place unless things changes radically in this country

The Defence Minister is crying again it's not good for the soldiers' morale.s

On her Facebook page, Ms Yingluck posted the following message: “In the capacity as the defence minister or as a soldier who has to perform his duty to the last minute, the soldier must die in the battlefield. Today in my capacity as the defender of democracy, I prefer to die in the battlefield of democracy rather than letting somebody else to destroy our democracy.”

I think Ms. Yingluck needs a bit more instructions and training in her role as defence minster/soldier before she takes to the battlefield. The drill instructor in the clip below would be a good place to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFW9h7l2Ats

• Like 2

Thailands PM cries more than my 3 year old toddler.

I honestly think if the female PM of my home country cried as much as Yingluck, she would be asked to step down by her own party members, as all the crying in itself would damage the party!

Imagine Mercel or Obama crying everytime someone asked a critical question biggrin.png

• Like 2

Thailands PM cries more than my 3 year old toddler.

I honestly think if the female PM of my home country cried as much as Yingluck, she would be asked to step down by her own party members, as all the crying in itself would damage the party!

Imagine Mercel or Obama crying everytime someone asked a critical question biggrin.png

Mercel Marceau? He's not good at answering questions.

• Like 1

I do not think that that sort of questioning is reasonable, the Shinawatra family are an established good family and I have no argument with any of them and I do not wish to see them kicked out of Thailand, the current caretaker P.M. Yingluck is way in over her head, taken for granted by not only her ministers but also her brother and should never have consented to such a stupid idea,, Yingluck' duty is to herself and her family first , to do the dirty work for her brother was a big mistake , Yingluck must make a call , if the present circumstances are not to her liking she must decide, her brother or Thailand, she can never have both, Thaskin has not only screwed Thailand big time he has done other damage as well within the family unit.

I find it hard to agree with you about the Shinawatra's being an established good family.

That may have been true until Thaksin came along and through nepotism spread the sickness through out the family. I do how ever agree that they should not be kicked out of Thailand. Some of them jailed but most of them ignored the same as most other big time business people in Thailand are.

• Like 1