Mazda Automatic Transmission Repair

jeffbkk1

I have a 2003 Mazda Tribute 6 cylinder, automatic transmission that has apparently died. Mazda Ayutthaya wants Baht 170,000 to install a new one, but I was in the process of trading in the car for Baht 200,000 when this happened!

Need to find a good transmission repair shop that can locate and install a used transmission ASAP for a reasonable price, as my new Mazda CX-5 diesel has finally arrived and I need my car back to trade in in a week or two!

Obviously this couldn't have happened at a worse time. I can tow the car anywhere if someone can just give me a good shop in metro Bangkok.

As you are getting the same response as previous requests for auto gearbox repairs i would suggest you just knock it out cheap 125-150k baht as probably will be just as cost effective and less headaches as repair or S/H box fitment.

"Mazda Ayutthaya wants Baht 170,000 to install a new one" Are they freaking serious! It costs between 18k and 30k to make one at the factory!

Yes I agree.

My Taxi driver guy in Pattaya had a gear box failure on his old Camroy 2.2 and I think he got a 2'nd hand gearbox for something like 15K baht including instalation.

OP,find a small garage that do gearbox swap and you will save a fortune compared to quoted from Mazda.

Try this guy. he specializes in mazdas, and can find used parts for it.

We get our Tribute v6 serviced there.

Unfortunately, speaks only Thai. on the outer leg of Srinakarin, the part after BangNa.

oops, forgot to insert number:

K.Eee, 085 904 0723