2 Stroke fuel

jim1563

Use straight gasoline if you can find it, along with 100% synthetic two stroke oil.

Mix - assuming pre-mix - as per manufacturers recommendations.

If your machine has an auto-mix system, ensure that the oil pump is calibrated to the throttle as per manu. specs.

Do not attempt to use more than the recommended amount of two stroke oil in the mistaken belief that this will provide more lubrication. What you will do is lean out the air/fuel mixture causing the engine to run lean = run hot. Leading directly to engine seizure.

I use Shell Advance VSX 2T (Black Can)

image.970319279.jpeg

It is the best lubricity of commonly available oils in Thailand. The engine builder recommended it. It can be found at most Shell petrol stations but I do have 1/2l under the seat. Sadly Shell doesn't have real 95 so it does mean an additional stop at a Shell station every 1000kms or so.
Fuel depends on usage. Real 95 for pottering around and if it stays in the tank. 95 gasohol if I am going to ride for more than a tank full. Always top off with real 95 when back in town.

My bike is water cooled and is oil injection, about 70hp. Purrs along.

I also use VSX in our 2T small 1kW works portable generator.

Edited by VocalNeal

post-23802-0-71208300-1394810747_thumb.jCheers bike is still in bits at the minute its a ls125 just finished rebuilding the engine pic attached and still have bits to do so a good 95 will be the way to go cant get 91 red anymore where i live and a fully synthetic oil looked at the ptt think about 240 for 1 litre the bike still has auto lube so will run that for starters.

What bike you running at 70hp vocalneal 250?

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20131206_155654.jpgCheers bike is still in bits at the minute its a ls125 just finished rebuilding the engine pic attached and still have bits to do so a good 95 will be the way to go cant get 91 red anymore where i live and a fully synthetic oil looked at the ptt think about 240 for 1 litre the bike still has auto lube so will run that for starters.

What bike you running at 70hp vocalneal 250?

NSR 300.

Edited by VocalNeal