Starting to get annoyed with apple, anybody else

2008bangkok

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many people with Apple products and they all love them and think they are great but here's the thing that will always stop me buying Apple.

• Overpriced compared to competitors.
  • Not compatible with other hardware and software. You must use Apple products which is protectionism.
  • Tried to bluetooth my Andriod phone with the GFs Apple. Didn't work. You can bluetooth any 2 phones no matter who makes them unless one of them is Apple.
  • Sent the GF a video clip that works on my laptop, Kindle and phone. Doesn't work on her Apple. Even used software to convert it to an Apple file type.
  • Got a new stereo for her car with USB port. Connected my Sony Walkman MP3 and hey presto we have music. Connected her apple product and nothing, nada, zip. ( This was a good thing as my music rocks and hers sucks biggrin.png )

Apple Sucks. They are the new Microsoft of the tech world. They have gone from being this loveable company into a multi national monster that uses protectionist policies to compete instead of letting the products compete on their merit just as Microsoft did before them.

I am not a tech geek so this is just my opinion from the little I know.

Overpriced!!!! Bought the top of the line HP. Lasted 3 years. HP wanted B15,000 to repair it.

Bought a Macbook Pro. It's 4 years old and runs perfectly.

I BT from my GS4 to my wife's iPhone all the time. Works perfectly.

Video clips work as well.

USB in my Toyota works perfectly.

As for compatibility, what are you trying to do? Run Windows or Android Apps on it???

Bottom line... I would never buy an iPhone for myself as there are better choices.

As for MAC... Wouldn't have anything else.

• Like 1

The ios7 update is a disaster and has turned me [off] Apple for good

This.

iOS7 is ugly as sin with stark bright white text on neon red backgrounds (calendar app). And it only got worse this week with the update to 7.1, not the system keyboard is entirely in bold font, for reasons unknown. None of the changes or update seem to be reason-driven. Everything from iOS7 onward smacks of design by committee.

But destroying data that I made is beyond the pale. Yes, after updating to the new Keynote for iOS7, I find that none of my presentations can be opened with the previous version for iOS6. They are effectively holding my documents hostage until I upgrade all my devices to iOS7.

Not gonna do it.

Question,

The GF has an iphone, I have a laptop which runs Windows 7. How can I contact her on Facetime? Currently she borrows a friends laptop and we Skype but I had a quick search and there doesn't seem to be a Facetime program compatible with Windows. If anyone knows of one I would appreciate the info.

Quote : iOS7 is ugly as sin with stark bright white text on neon red backgrounds (calendar app). And it only got worse this week with the update to 7.1, not the system keyboard is entirely in bold font, for reasons unknown. None of the changes or update seem to be reason-driven. Everything from iOS7 onward smacks of design by committee. Unquote

Go to Settings/General/accessibility and check that you haven't accidentally set Bold Text to "ON" by mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Love my Ipad because of the hardware, the retina and the IOS 6. The IOS 7 is ugly and more tricky. I'm waiting for a 12" tablet and then I'll give my 64 Gb to my son for videogames.

Happy owner of a Galaxy 4 and a good PC with Win7

Let's not forget their sell-out to the NSA, installing back doors in everything.

That alone is reason enough to move to Linux!

I recently switched to a droid phone from an iPhone 5s and am very happy with the choice. This was before Tim Cook came out last week and basically told all Apple investors that if you don't buy into the notion of global warming, then he doesn't want you as a customer or stockholder. Aside from the fact that I don't take orders from anyone, when the CEO of a publicly traded company places his own personal convictions ahead of the good of the company, there is a problem. I followed his advice and dumped my AAPL shares.

The wiz-bang Apple effect has passed. All the goodies created by Steve Jobs are now commonplace in the market and Apple isn't doing anything new. They offer highly priced products which target a niche market. Unfortunately, Samsung is handing them their lunch in new development, features, options and choice. Unless Apple pulls a rabbit out of their hat, they will be the next Crackberry.

I hate it when I must use iTunes to upgrade software and you cannot ignore/hide/delete upgrades or things you never use, e.g., Garage Band. I hate iTunes, which used to have a better user display and was more informative under iOS6. I hate it when, if you do a backup and want to restore from iOS6, you are forced to upgrade to iOS7. I hate iOS7's message colour (white on green). I hate the new calendar format, which forces you to drill down now to what you used to be able to see. I hate the skinny font on the calendar. I hate the fact there's no Flash in the iOS. I hated the iPhone 5s when I forgot my charger cable, bought a non-Apple one in Cambodia and couldn't charge my dying phone because "if it isn't Apple, screw you!" A freaking charger cable! How much control do you need? On and on.

After six weeks of using the iPhone 5s, I sold it and am now comfortably in the Samsung Galaxy S4 fold. I'm no geek by any stretch, but now I've got some control. And there are some nice display features, multiple ways of seeing what's come down the pipe. In fact, I wish I'd made the switch sooner.

I still have a new MacBook Air and new iMac. Good machines, but I wonder how long I will remain in the Mac fold. I feel like I am wearing a straitjacket and need to shed it.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

There's no FaceTime app for windows but there is a Skype app for iPad available from the Apple App Store .

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Cheers tigerbeerz. I'll check that out. I'm back in LOS in 18 days so I'll see if that works. She has an iphone but not an ipad but I'll check it out anyway.wai2.gif

I know a few guys that if they read this Apple-bashing thread they could completely go berserk crazy.gif

I know a few too. They can't see past Apple. I like to wind them up and say that Apple will be the new betamax 555

I think Apple is god s gift..... Even my mother gets it . Love to play around with android. But love my Apple Phone and tablet. No problems with battery or other. My iPhone was à bid bend. Went to the Apple store and got an new one without questions asked.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

Edited by robin33
  • Like 1

If Apple computers (which are PC motherboards with an intel processor) are so great.

Why don't NASA use OSX or Macs to guide stuff in to space, why don't the FBI/CIA use them to track criminals etc...

Well thread was about iPhone but people are brining up linux Netbooks and Macs. Uhm....google "nasa jpl Mac" :) Why doesn't NASA use macs? They do mostly. Don't know about CIA or FBI but the NSA uses Macs like crazy. One of Apples biggest customers. Google "NSA Mac hardening tips" btw for the internal guide to hardening NSA Macs.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

I use a MacBook Pro, but I just switched to a Google Nexus. It was half the price of a new iPhone, and I think I actually like it better.

That is the issue for me...if I am kitting out my self and a family with phones and tablets, apple is just a waste of money.

It doesn't represent value for maybe a 5% improvement in usability and design.

Question,

The GF has an iphone, I have a laptop which runs Windows 7. How can I contact her on Facetime? Currently she borrows a friends laptop and we Skype but I had a quick search and there doesn't seem to be a Facetime program compatible with Windows. If anyone knows of one I would appreciate the info.

Get her to get skype....

Yep, I gave up Apple long ago. When you use Apple, you move to Apple Island. Everything must be Apple, you have to use all their stuff. In my opinion, Apple instituted socialized computing. They control everything related to your use of the Apple product, what you buy, where you buy, what you do, what apps you can use, where you can get the apps from. Plus music, they control everything about that too.

I'm much happier since I switched to Android, many more options, and I have the freedom to choose.

That's the way they keep good quality control on apps and accessories.i did android a while. It may be good one of these days but now it is still so buggy with a bunch of crappy apps.

Don't know why you have so many problems with MP3s. I can take them from anywhere and slap them into any of my apple devices.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Question,

Get her to get skype....

There are a ton of other options beside skype. IMHO Skype is the worst of them...it sucks. That's the great thing about Mac and iOS. Incredible flexibility!!! Try out:

Google Hangouts

Viber

Line

Tango

All have ios / Mac and I think windows apps.

I know a few guys that if they read this Apple-bashing thread they could completely go berserk crazy.gif

I know a few too. They can't see past Apple. I like to wind them up and say that Apple will be the new betamax 555

Methinks that the apple bashers spend a lot more time blagging on and on with the hate talk.

Us apple lovers just smile serenely and continue using our superior technology. :)

• Like 1

Apple has had the same problem ever since they first introduced their desktop30 years ago. They sued everyone who remotely stole their ideas. IBM on the otherhand did not bother until they introduced microchanel but in the meantime they took over the Pc world. Apple came close to death until they stole Xerox,s idea for icons and built Lisa. Xerox never went after them but had every right to. Then Microsoft got into self preservation mode and bloated their OS with the registry. It has just caused both companies to descend into a comlex hell of locking their users in. Sadly Google is well on the way to integrating the same paradigm intotheir strategy.

Well, I'm happy to be a nerd. Yes setting up Linux can be a problem but once you (or your nerd friend) get it done you get speed, great functionality, no fences, no viruses, a large community of likeminded freedom fighters. It is not easy. The big boys don't want the margins to drop. They MUST keep the shareholders happy. So companies like Nvidea and MS go out of their way to try to shut Linux out of the consumer goldmine. Actually Apple doesn't engage in this effort, they just continue to do their thing. In fact they realize the benefit of Unix based operating system which they have used now for a long time. Personally I do this - All of my high end stuff(CAD, programming, exploration software, blah, blah) runs off my Ubuntu Linux desktop. All of my communications I do on an Android tablet. I am very happy with that.

Quite right about Xerox being ripped off and failing to realise that their "Star" networked computer sustem and software was what the world wanted back in the early 70's.

But why don't you mention CP/M?

It was a runner with Gates for the operating system for the IBM baby blue PC.

I used ZCPR, a Z80 based open sourced operating system on an Exidy Sourcerer (a whopping 32 Kb back then!)

CP/M had no limit to memory. The first 100 bytes were reserved for it'self. The operating system was relocatable code and was placed at the top of memory. Add more memory and movcpm to relocate the code up some more.

In those days you had to write your own BDOS cos every floppy disk was different. I had a single sided 16 hard sectored Micropolysis floppy, wast it a huge 740 Mg?

And the basic could handle integers up to 30 long..... Fantastic for calculating prime numbers I recall. It could what the companies mainframe couldn't!

But the crafty games were played and Microsoft and Apple were the only ones left (Yes - I bought Betamax too!)

I just bought the wife an iPad Air and iTunes drives me crazy!

Cos it's a 64Gb unit, iCloud can't back it up unless I buy more storage!

So I turned that off as well.

Everything is tied in to the App store. Install something free and get plagued with ads to get you to buy the Bl00dy thing to get all the functions.

I switch it on and it want's to update - just like MS and their interminable updates.

Battery wise is fine though and we use Skype quite a lot.

I wonder why there are no plastic cases with solar panels built in LOL

Having ranted - could I live without computing power and the internet?

In a word - no, so I just have to accept the lemons on offer.

Edited by laislica

Methinks that the apple bashers spend a lot more time blagging on and on with the hate talk.

Us apple lovers just smile serenely and continue using our superior technology. :)

Exactly right?? They come into an Apple sub-forum to talk about how great their cheap pos linux box is....or their Nexus. Who cares??? You like it...good for you, it works for you here's your gold star. No one...and I mean NO ONE cares if you hate Apple. Really tons on insecurity demonstrated from the Apple bashers. (Not all...but certainly some).

The original thread started cause some dude was having issues with his older iPhone. I tried to help him out and give alternatives....and he cops attitude and the insecure haterz come out of the word work and start trolling....all bitter and hating cause their android probably got p'wned and has all kinda malware on it already ;)

• Like 1

Exactly right?? They come into an Apple sub-forum to talk about how great their cheap pos linux box is....or their Nexus. Who cares??? You like it...good for you, it works for you here's your gold star. No one...and I mean NO ONE cares if you hate Apple. Really tons on insecurity demonstrated from the Apple bashers. (Not all...but certainly some).

The original thread started cause some dude was having issues with his older iPhone. I tried to help him out and give alternatives....and he cops attitude and the insecure haterz come out of the word work and start trolling....all bitter and hating cause their android probably got p'wned and has all kinda malware on it already ;)

Couldn't have said it better... :)

Actually, there's not much Apple bashing on this thread. It's people with specific problems with specific Apple products. If a product doesn't meet one's needs, any brand you care to name, then you buy something else. Which is what I did. Don't forget, the OP's thread title was about the increasing annoyances with Apple products. It wasn't, "Why can't I get my Linus machine to do . . ." and then devolving into Apple bashing.

• Like 2

Been using Iphones for a while now and i do like the simplicity of them although must say little things are starting to annoy me now, generally IOS7 is a great improvment but the battery seems to be an absolute killer, literally it seems 1% per minute if im using internet its a ridiculaous, apart from the fact that you turn nearly everything off to save battery now if you go out you wonder about using the internet as it will kill the battery, why dont they put 2000+ maH batterys in them by standard if the phone uses that much, after all a phone is a phone and we need to conserve battery to make calls.

Here is a list of really annoying things with IOS that may make me move to Andorid, anybody else have any pet hates?

1. Cannot move photos from the camera roll into albums.

2. Delete the photo from camera roll and still shows up in moments view

3. Cannot take any picture or video in portrait view and get it to show correctly its always 90 degrees right or left

4. Add crop/filters to pictures using camera app if transfer then it removes the filters and cropping

5. Cannot adjust the video resoultuon from 1080 so a 5 minute video takes a whopping 1gb room

6. Still no pictures in contacts when scrolling through(although they are there if you open the contact)

7. Battery is an absolute hog with 10% lost on standby while sleeping, basically cannot use the phone to its full potential or you battery flat in couple of hours..

Rant over,

Haha..

Welcome to the Apple game. Im out of that and into android.

They will make your phone worse through updates and force you to get a new one.

• Like 1

Us apple lovers just smile serenely and continue using our superior technology. smile.png

The original thread started cause some dude was having issues with his older iPhone. I tried to help him out and give alternatives....and he cops attitude and the insecure haterz come out of the word work and start trolling....all bitter and hating cause their android probably got p'wned and has all kinda malware on it already wink.png

Dude nobody is coping s attitude but i was looking for advice off people who own iphones, you obviously dont own a iphone otherwise you would know that you cannot move pictures and you would know that if you delete from camera roll it still shows in moments view, but you posted half baked shit that make you look stupid

When i lived in the UK, i had a contract with O2, they sent me a Iphone 1, 2, 3 and 4. All were returned within 2 weeks because they were faulty. They eventually sent me a Samsung Android phone. Brilliant, the battery lasts 3-4 days and it wirelessly talks to my PC, to transfer pictures and music. If this phone ever breaks, i will replace it with another Samsung.Oh, and Samsung's don't cost the earth, ( Unlike Apples) lol.

PS, i don't work for Samsung biggrin.png

Dude nobody is coping s attitude but i was looking for advice off people who own iphones, you obviously dont own a iphone otherwise you would know that you cannot move pictures and you would know that if you delete from camera roll it still shows in moments view, but you posted half baked shit that make you look stupid

See what I mean....try to help this guy and he starts throwing insults and attitude. You can tell some people really have unhappy bitter lives.

Listen dude:

1) I do have an iPhone. If I delete a photo from the camera roll and it didn't upload to photo stream, the photo is GONE. From everywhere. From all albums, from collections, from any and every view.

2) You can move photos into albums. Go to the album, touch select, touch add...and add any photo from your camera roll to the album.

3) Camera roll is a roll of ALL your photos on the phone. It's not an album. If you delete a photo from the camera roll, it deletes it from the phone....again like I said in 1...it deletes it totally all albums, all views.

4) If you want to to remove the photo from the camera roll and keep it somewhere else....USE ANOTHER SERVICE. iOS is amazingly versatile and open. You can use:

- Google+ photos

- Facebook

- Flickr

- Dropbox

- Box.com

- Camera+

and about a jillion other photo services.

So STOP copping attitude and throwing insults and chill out to someone WHO IS TRYING TO HELP YOU.

Geezus some people.

• Like 1

See what I mean....try to help this guy and he starts throwing insults and attitude. You can tell some people really have unhappy bitter lives.

Listen dude:

1) I do have an iPhone. If I delete a photo from the camera roll and it didn't upload to photo stream, the photo is GONE. From everywhere. From all albums, from collections, from any and every view.

2) You can move photos into albums. Go to the album, touch select, touch add...and add any photo from your camera roll to the album.

3) Camera roll is a roll of ALL your photos on the phone. It's not an album. If you delete a photo from the camera roll, it deletes it from the phone....again like I said in 1...it deletes it totally all albums, all views.

4) If you want to to remove the photo from the camera roll and keep it somewhere else....USE ANOTHER SERVICE. iOS is amazingly versatile and open. You can use:

- Google+ photos

- Facebook

- Flickr

- Dropbox

- Box.com

- Camera+

and about a jillion other photo services.

So STOP copping attitude and throwing insults and chill out to someone WHO IS TRYING TO HELP YOU.

Geezus some people.

Yet again just because of ur anwser no2 puts u in a world of I don't know shit, I have 1 iPhone, 1 iPod and 2 iPads and none if them are able to move photos unless urs is special

Create a album and move the pic to that album and the. Tell me it's gone from camera roll and it's in the new album then delete a photo from camera roll and tell me it's gone froments then say sorry